Gun Owners need to spread the word - Boycott NFL/NBC

This is a discussion on Gun Owners need to spread the word - Boycott NFL/NBC within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I believe we need to show Congress that there are strength in numbers. We need spread the word to Boycott the NFL and NBC. If ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Gun Owners need to spread the word - Boycott NFL/NBC

I believe we need to show Congress that there are strength in numbers. We need spread the word to Boycott the NFL and NBC. If we can lower the viewership numbers now, it may show a few Representatives and Senators their jobs are on the line in the next election if they
    vote for a bogus "assault Weapon" ban. Please send a copy of this to every gun owner you know, and join the boycott!!!

Gun Owners Call for Boycott of NFL and NBC
    Written by: The Liberty Beacon™ Staff
    Published December 4, 2012, filed under FREEDOM, GOVERNMENT

Talk radio exploded with anger today over the NBC/NFL halftime plea for gun control.

NBC’s Saturday Night Football spokesman Bob Costas delivered an address during the halftime show. He mentions the murder-suicide of a former NFL player Jovan Belcher and explicitly blames handguns for murder-suicide. Costas claimed that America would be better of without handguns.

That ain't going to happen Anyway, most Americans have already forgot about it.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Bob Costas is a fool. Having said that, I'll not stop watching my NFL teams, because of something that knuckle head liberal said during a break in the action.

Now if you want to boycott ABC Good Morning America, anything on MSNBC, or basically any other network programming, I'm all in. Of course I don't watch any of that tripe now, so I'm not sure my boycotting them would be noticed.
    GeorgiaDawg likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Lets impeach all of them!!!

Yea right, like that is going to happen

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    If every(or most, or just the most vocal) NFL comentators talked that way all the time, or it was official NFL policy, etc. then I might get behind this, but as it is, it was one guy giving his opinion in the heat of the moment. I would have appreciated the NFL rebuking him, or making a statement to the effect that he was speaking as an individual at the time, etc.. But I don't think one comment one time is reason to boycott an entire sport.
    Walk softly ...

I support the 2A and all, but cone on... SPORTS are awesome.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

How 'bout we boycott CNN while we're at it? Piers Morgan seriously needs to go crawl back into whatever hole he climbed out of.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Boycott what you want. I love watching Football and not all commentators represent the networks they are employed by with all words they say.

I remember when Rush Limbaugh was booted from commentating on football for making a comment about black QBs, though. Perhaps they should do the same thing for Costas? Doubtful.
    Brad426 likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Dude my Texans are making a serious run at the Super Bowl. No way I can boycott the NFL!
    Brad426 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I haven't watched pro football on any channel in a long time. Too much strutting and chest-thumping. So I guess I have been protesting all along.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by GunsAndViolince View Post
    How 'bout we boycott CNN while we're at it? Piers Morgan seriously needs to go crawl back into whatever hole he climbed out of.
    That hole would be England.
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

Ex Member
    Boycott NFL, and NBC......don't forget to add Cheaper Than Dirt., CDNN, Buds, J&G, Lucky Gunner, Ammoman........................................

This is what happens when a person who is ignorant of the facts has a public platform. People who know the facts and truth know what a idiot he was in his "comments". Those as uninformed and ignorant as he are a lost cause anyway. If you want to boycott anything....boycott HIM. But why bother.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I don't watch football and NBC's programming is terrible. No problem.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links