Boehner on future gun votes!

Boehner on future gun votes!

This is a discussion on Boehner on future gun votes! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Boehner wont I guess you could take this either way, but he doesnt sound super enthusiastic about letting Bidens proposals go to the house floor. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ksgunner
  • 1 Post By kb2wji
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: Boehner on future gun votes!

Thumbs up Boehner on future gun votes!

Boehner wont

I guess you could take this either way, but he doesnt sound super enthusiastic about letting Bidens proposals go to the house floor.

2014 is going to be a BIG mid term for gun owners, pay attention to who does and says what in the coming months.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

I think Boehner should do as much for bills coming from the Senate and the WH as they do for Bills coming from the House.....Ignore them until they go away..just sayin
    Bullet1234 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    I think Boehner should do as much for bills coming from the Senate and the WH as they do for Bills coming from the House.....Ignore them until they go away..just sayin
    Yup.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    hope he stays firm!

^ It's Boehner. All he knows how to do is stand firm. If he actually has a legitimate stand on anything i'll never know. Seems he is stubborn just to be stubborn. At least in this instance it may actually benefit us.
    OldVet likes this.

The vote wont mater. Might not even be voted on. Just on executive order on a friday afternoon and the whole country will have "gun controll" that is more strict that what NY currently has.

You better stock up on ammo now. That will be taxed and regulated as well.

I could just be a paranoid tin foil hat type though. I'm ready for what ever they throw at me though. Never hurts to be stocked up on ammo.

VIP Member
    An executive order usurping the the 2nd Amendment would be overturned by a court quite quickly. As soon as one of the more conservative courts got their hands on the case there would be an injunction put in place. It would then rocket through the appellate levels to the Supreme Court. At that point we'd be left looking at Justice Kennedy and waiting on his decision.

Obama's legacy can't withstand such a defeat, and he knows it. He will push and prod at Congress to give him what he wants. But he knows it is unlikely even now. That's what Biden's committee is all about. It is a tactic to buy time until the loud vocal opinion of the gun grabbers fades back into the background and the general public has moved on to the next issue.

In honesty, the fiscal "cliff" we're about to jump off of may be a blessing. When people see their taxes shoot up and spending get slashed they're going to worry more about those issues and the gun talk will be quickly forgotten by many.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    No executive order. Obama might be that foolish but his advisors are not. He does not want his legacy being known as the president responsible for the Supreme Court defining the limits of execute order. That would be a very foolish political bet to take.

" Come and take it".
    Gunnutty likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Boehne ,,,, does this man every STAND FOR ANYTHING,,,, he is one of the
    REAL PROBLEMS with the Republicans. I would not trust him any anyway, shape
    or fashion.

He will FOLD, he has on everything else.

Links