Should the Sandy Hook School shooting have any effect on gun control in the US?

This is a discussion on Should the Sandy Hook School shooting have any effect on gun control in the US? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 1. Yes 2. No 3. Maybe 4. undecided...

View Poll Results: Should Newtown have an effect on Gun Control laws in this country

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 9.09%
  • No

113 85.61%
  • Maybe, with exceptions

5 3.79%
  • Undecided

2 1.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Should the Sandy Hook School shooting have any effect on gun control in the US?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

4. undecided

my answer is number 1. I think more people should be in control of guns. I also think that "gun free zones" should go the way of the dinosaures.
    bgriffin70 likes this.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke, Edmund

Proud owner of a G35. And yes I carry it concealed.

1. Stupid gun "control" laws need to be repealed. Let's make the battleground that is the world we live in at least a little fair for the good guys.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

"Yes" as in get rid of the gun free zones!! Private property owners can still post per their state's laws if they choose but public tax-payer funded places, no way!
    bgriffin70 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    You forgot the "hell no" option.

I could fix that for ya...
    zacii and multistage like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

no they are trying to cure a headache by cutting off the head in this case by screaming for stricter gun control laws. if a person is going to commit a violent crime with a gun the ability to get one illegally is easy. the only thing that stops and evil person with a gun is a good person with a gun

I voted 1, hopefully gun free zones go away.
    atctimmy and Clodbert like this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Using this tragic event to do away with any type of gun is Obama's way of capitalizing on a crisis, nothing more. Train and arm willing and responsible school staff and this type of thing will decrease greatly.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

I voted "yes". It is time to abolish gun-free zones and shelve that stupid, naive, utopian concept forever.
    atctimmy likes this.

I chose no, but if by yes you mean repealing gun control then I'm all for it! I wish tragedies like this would make people realize that guns are a good thing when used properly, they can even save lives.

Re: Should the Sandy Hook School shooting have any effect on gun control in the US?

This is a good example of how manipulating polls can be.

How you answer the poll depends on who's asking the questions.

Not gonna participate in this one. I vote for Hot Guns' answer.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I said maybe because I think that there is room for improvement (there always will be) and we should try to use opportunities like this as a point to reflect and evaluate what we could do better and get rid of what isn't working so well.
    miller_man likes this.

I say no, if only because the issue with Sandy Brook goes well beyond who gets to buy what guns. And what makes anyone think more restrictive laws will make a bit of difference? The Connecticut governor is on the anti-gun bandwagon with this one, and Connecticut already has some of the most stringent gun laws in the US. Did it matter? If Connecticut’s own laws couldn’t stop a psychopath from murdering innocent children, what would be the point in applying more stringent laws at a Federal level? Gun laws only apply to law-abiding citizens and that’s assuming those citizens choose to comply. The Government could toss the 2nd Amendment out the window, ban the possession of ALL guns and confiscate every firearm, but that only keeps the guns out of the hands of the citizens who turn theirs in. Does anyone really think the armed criminals are going to comply? The "assault weapons" argument, is a joke on so many levels and there’s a fact that most of the media and most Government officials choose to ignore. Most violent crimes involving firearms are not committed with fully automatic weapons partly because they’re REALLY FREAKING HARD TO GET, and partly because criminals tend to carry guns that can be easily concealed. Walking down the street with an AK draws attention to oneself.

I have to wonder, if the shooter in CT would have walked into the school and stabbed everyone to death with a #2 pencil, would Obama be demanding congress to pass laws restricting the sale of pencils? Just to make a point, let’s assume Obama and his administration places a ban on ALL firearms. Even if it happens (it won't), it won’t stop violent crime. If an individual has the desire to kill they will find a way to do it. In Oklahoma City it was fertilizer and diesel fuel, both of which are still legal for sale. On 9/11 it was box cutters and commercial jets and I'm pretty sure people still fly and I'd bet we can still buy box cutters. In 1927 a school board member in Michigan went off the deep end after he lost an election. He used home-made bombs to blow up the school and killed 38 children, six adults, and injured another 50 or more, and he killed himself and his wife as well.

If the government really wants to stop violent crime they'd be better off going the way of Switzerland. Every home is issued a firearm, and every adult in that home is trained in how to use it. Their violent crime rate is the lowest IN THE WORLD because criminals are far less likely to attack someone they know full well has a gun.
    multistage likes this.

Lee see ,,,,, how many men, women, and children are KILLED each year by DRUNK DRIVERS
    maybe we should ban CARS,,,, no ,,,, do not think so ,,,, a gun is not the problem here it is
    just like the cars,,,, the STUPID EVIL OWNERS are the problem in both CASES.
    scgunlover1 likes this.

Well I am not a teacher, But a friend of mine in another state is, he and a couple others have decided they would rather lose their jobs than their lives or the lives of any of their students, They always have been under the assumption that they were responsible for the well being of their students, I guess life is well being, any way they will be DEEP concealed, either in person or somewhere on property, Maybe this will catch on....................
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links