Sent this to NRA a few days ago . . .

This is a discussion on Sent this to NRA a few days ago . . . within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rednichols Fire needs fuel, air, spark. This latest shooting had mental illness, gaming, gun. Connection made. My local Maccas (McDonalds) is featuring ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Sent this to NRA a few days ago . . .

Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
    Fire needs fuel, air, spark. This latest shooting had mental illness, gaming, gun. Connection made.

My local Maccas (McDonalds) is featuring a children's film connection, feeling that the connection will cause an increase in sales worth paying for. Connection made.

Gun violence task force to meet with members of video game industry – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs . Connection made.
    The one and ONLY cause is mental instability. If a person is sane and normal thinking, they won't be affected by ANY media. I am example #1. I've played video games my entire life. I've played violent games since I was in 5th grade. I've also watched war movies and all that. I've never decided it's ok to do what these guys did. Never crossed my mind.

It's trying to pass blame somewhere else. A cheap tactic to point at the other guy. The blame is on the shooter and the failure of those who are supposed to watch over and protect and guide them. In the most recent case the mother had told people the child was uncontrollable and she had considered putting him in a home because she couldn't handle him. Yet she left firearms in someplace where he could obtain them. No disrespect to the deceased, but a red flag should have popped up immediately and those firearms put out of his reach. Safes, storage at someone else's home...something. It's not the gun and not the media. It's personal responsibility.

What you're saying is the exact thing we are complaining about. Let me lay it out...

Guy thinks AR-15s are dangerout and semi-auto firearms can cause too much harm to people. So he wants to regulate them and you say "no, wait...I'm responsible so is this guy. We never did anything wrong. What gives?"

You don't like violent games, you think they make people go nuts. You want to regulate them. I stand up and say "no wait...I'm responsible and so is this guy. We never did anything wrong. What gives?"

In the case of guns we have background checks, waiting periods, some areas have permits to obtain and fingerprints to do, we train, practice and preach safety. There are tons of literature freely available etc. Age restrictionstoo. It's up to the parents to teach their kids the proper safety and respect and decide what is appropriate for them.
    In the case of video games you have to be of a certain age to purchase it just like a firearm. There are rating systems, free literature explaining the content of each title etc. Again it's up to the parents to teach their kids and decide what is appropriate and to discern reality from the fantasy game world.
    Same exact thing!
    ClutchSR9C likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    ENJOY!

QKShooter to be fair, that isn't the type of game that brings out that emotions, it's the competitive aspect compounded by the fact that some people get their jollies off of your humiliating defeat. Kind of like trash talk on the football field or the kid who throws the board game when someone is beating him.

I play foosball semi-competitively and let me tell you, that gets crazy and we're all over 30 lol. Some people can't handle it, I got a laugh out of it though. I know people like this online.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links