NRA Press Conference Starting Soon - Page 4

NRA Press Conference Starting Soon

This is a discussion on NRA Press Conference Starting Soon within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Asa Hutchinson was much better than Wayne....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: NRA Press Conference Starting Soon

NMB
    Asa Hutchinson was much better than Wayne.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Asa has finished his outline and they are wrapping up now.

VIP Member
    That's it folks. Good job NRA.

On the video game thing, they addressed it as an issue; not THE issue. I think they did a good job of looking at a number of things that could play into these situations. It wasn't singled out, or even dwelled on. Good stuff, IMO.

So there was no bending on gun control? The libs won't be happy with that even though he's offering to finance security to every school district.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    That's it folks. Good job NRA.

On the video game thing, they addressed it as an issue; not THE issue. I think they did a good job of looking at a number of things that could play into these situations. It wasn't singled out, or even dwelled on. Good stuff, IMO.
    Thanks again for the play by play. I'm hoping one of my buddies DVRed it so I can actually watch it. I would like to see the idiot protesters....
    TX expat likes this.

VIP Member
    And for the record, I have a huge newfound respect for "live bloggers". It's really not easy to listen to something, take it all in and make even a weak attempt to report it back in real time! Hopefully I got it right and thanks for the others that helped out!!!
    Darrow75 likes this.

Bravo NRA!!! Wayne said everything I wanted him to say. Yes he touched on the video game as a side bar, but Kindergarten Killers? Really. Any parent that allows that in their home should lose their kids I'm thinking.

I think it was well done, right to the point, addressing the real issues, and I applaud the NRA for appointing Asa to head up this initiative. All the liberal press wanted to try and make news with some gotcha questions, and they ignored them. Good job!!! Don't let them steal the moment.

Makes me proud to be an NRA member.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    Bravo NRA!!! Wayne said everything I wanted him to say. Yes he touched on the video game as a side bar, but Kindergarten Killers? Really. Any parent that allows that in their home should lose their kids I'm thinking.

I think it was well done, right to the point, addressing the real issues, and I applaud the NRA for appointing Asa to head up this initiative. All the liberal press wanted to try and make news with some gotcha questions, and they ignored them. Good job!!! Don't let them steal the moment.

Makes me proud to be an NRA member.
    From the above play by play, I'm proud I joined them....YESTERDAY!!:)

I wonder if the NRA will accept donations directly to the National School Shield program? That'd be nice.
    Civil_Response and Darrow75 like this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    To summarize: the NRA is sympathetic to the loss of lives last week and believes that firearms in the hands of good guys is the best way to stop bad guys with firearms in their hands. Moving forward, the NRA will be working to develop a template for school safety that can be tweaked for every school's individual needs and situations. The NRA did not address the AWB (that I heard, but I got distracted at the start of the conference) or push specifically for school personnel to be armed, but put its focus on training dedicated security staff.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by skatalite View Post
    I wonder if the NRA will accept donations directly to the National School Shield program? That'd be nice.
    Kudos to the NRA, but its sad our govt wants their nose in everything else, but won't provide a program for school security...

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Blaming the videos actually makes sense. The mental forming of the mind is the process that forms at an early age and will have a great impact on what you think, and how you think.

Something bad must happen in the mind before the mental command to grab and misuse a gun.
    If that is your argument I would argue that not allowing access to these games and images to children would be the responsibility of the parent just as not allowing access to firearms would be.

Also, as one of many many people in my generation that grew up playing violent video games and watching violent movies that has never killed anyone or gone on any sort of rampage, I still think the argument is a cop out.

Ultimately it is about personal responsibility and somewhat about the responsibility of parents to raise their children that makes the most difference. And I am even hesitant to blame parents as I know people that had awful childhoods with terrible parents and somehow managed to grow up not to be scumbags.
    GeorgiaDawg and peckman28 like this.

I like the fact that he addressed steps that need to be taken NOW, regardless of any steps taken in the future. I know I personally have a tendency to look to mid-term or long-term solutions when trying to solve problems without considering what can be done immediately. I think taking immediate effective steps is key.

If our government was serious about the NRA proposal to put armed guards in every school, they should take some of the foreign aid (about $50 billion/year total) we send to Egypt, Libya, Russia, etc., (and don't forget the UN) as well as others. That would pay for the cost to protect our children. Let's use our tax dollars in this country!
    ...T. Ray

Assuming proper parenting. But when it's not, and it's not on a large scale in this single parent country, with no moral input, then the games, and TV programming make the problem worse.

It's a fact whether you want to see it or not. In the absence of good, positive input, something bad will fill it.
    That's what's happening in this country today.
    TX expat, Darrow75 and Brass63 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links