NRA Press Conference Starting Soon

This is a discussion on NRA Press Conference Starting Soon within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I liked his point about how we send money to country's all over the world, but can't find the money to protect our kids at ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: NRA Press Conference Starting Soon

I liked his point about how we send money to country's all over the world, but can't find the money to protect our kids at school.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Assuming proper parenting. But when it's not, and it's not on a large scale in this single parent country, with no moral input, then the games, and TV programming make the problem worse.

It's a fact whether you want to see it or not. In the absence of good, positive input, something bad will fill it.
    That's what's happening in this country today.
    That's exactly correct, IMO. It's not that the input from them is exclusively bad but when there are no filters or conditions or guidance to balance those factors with, they have the ability to help create other negative situations. It's absolutely not about taking things like that and calling them demons, it's about being responsible for input and vigilant against negative output. It's not really any different than junk food, alcohol or anything else that, when used responsibly, naturally cannot become an unhealthy or a pervasive part of life. Use it irresponsibly, or ignore the negative potential, and you've helped create a vast potential for that negative force.
    Darrow75 likes this.

If you missed it live like I did, here is the transcript.

http://home.nra.org/pdf/Transcript_PDF.pdf
    TX expat likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    I read the transcript. I think the message - independent of the quality of delivery - was spot on. I am proud to be a life member of the NRA and would gladly send funding for the new initiative. Makes much more sense than our pols - on either side of the aisle.

I like the NRA's approach to solving the problem much better than many I have seen promulgated by some of our members.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Assuming proper parenting. But when it's not, and it's not on a large scale in this single parent country, with no moral input, then the games, and TV programming make the problem worse.

It's a fact whether you want to see it or not. In the absence of good, positive input, something bad will fill it.
    That's what's happening in this country today.
    Agreed. But there are plenty of single parents out there that do provide moral input and find time for their children even with the challenges of raising a child without help. There is no excuse for allowing your child to be raised by an Xbox.

I just read the transcript and I think Wayne did a fine job. Who here is to busy to volunteer some time at the schools if asked?
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Wish he wouldn't have gone off on the video games and movies. It's the same argument as blaming he gun as far as I'm concerned.
    You should read Lt. Col. Dave Grossman's book "On Killing". It will shed some light on this topic.

Well, I weighed in and will do a followup, but the comments here are very useful, keep it up!

It's not surprising that the perennial anti-gunners like Frank Lautenberg are going bonkers

NRA rips 'gun-free' zones, launches National School Safety Shield program - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

I joined back up after his speech? He hit a lot of great points!
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I finished watching it on nra.org a couple hours ago when I got home from work. I found nothing to disagree with. Wayne looked like he was trying hard not to give the libs any ammo (pun intended ) considering his attitude or demeanor. A very good job, I am proud of the NRA and I love our 400lb political gorilla for sending the anti-self-defense establishment into fits.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Seattle Libs give LaPierre a warm, fuzzy response

Seattleites to NRA: ‘scum-sucking dunces,’ and other pleasantries

Saturday morning there were nearly 1,600 public comments — many seething with hatred toward gun owners — on the Seattle Times’ website in reaction to the National Rifle Association’s proposal to offer support for school security which included armed security to prevent another tragedy in a “gun-free” school zone.

Seattleites to NRA:

After watching the NRA press conference I donated to their ILA. I was glad they didn't seem to be caving on this, I was afraid they might.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links