A great statistic to help in the gun debate

This is a discussion on A great statistic to help in the gun debate within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "There are 270,000,000 civilian guns in the US (Karp, Aaron. 2007. ‘Completing the Count: Civilian firearms.’ Small Arms Survey 2007: Guns and the City, p. ...

Thread: A great statistic to help in the gun debate

VIP Member

A great statistic to help in the gun debate

"There are 270,000,000 civilian guns in the US (Karp, Aaron. 2007. ‘Completing the Count: Civilian firearms.’ Small Arms Survey 2007: Guns and the City, p. 67. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 27 August).

"With 9,000 firearms homicides in 2009 (‘Homicide in 207 Countries - United States.’ Global Study on Homicide 2011: Trends, Context, Data; Statistical Annex [with online datasets], pp. 103-125. Vienna: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. 6 October), that means 99.9967% of civilian firearms were not used for murder.

"Ted Kennedy's car killed more people than my guns (Kathy Schaidle).

"Rational people focus on the killer, not the weapon unlawfully used to kill, whatever that weapon is, be it gun, blunt instrument, bread knife or passenger airliner."
    (The Ugly Politics of Piers Morgan « Commentary Magazine) - Comment by "roguemale613"
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

Links