I just posted this on my face book. It is pieces copied from here and there. Feel free to copy paste to yours. I did edit the context just a tiny bit and added thoughts of my own.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been watching and reading the news about the shooting in CT. It is a sad event but what upsets me is the use of it by the media ( even getting info wrong to rush to get attention for their station ) and the use of it by politicians to gain attention for themselves. It has started huge debates about gun control. Why would anyone be against gun control?
Why are so many people arguing to stop any new gun laws? Because it is the start of the erosion of rights. Where would it stop? What rights are next to go? You think that the rights you like are safe once the erosion starts? If a politician sees a gain for himself than YOUR right goes out the window. All the arm waving is NOT about protecting people. It is about politics. What have the politicians done to Social Security? Kept it safe for you? Nope, drained it. Over spent on everything? Yep. Ceos and politician pay themselves huge sums with tons of freebies. Did you approve it? Nope. Even have a voice in it? Nope. Do some checking and see how often your congressman or senator actually attends when debates and voting take place. Very seldom. Don't believe it? Some cable companies used to carry the live voting at the white house and it was a ghost town. The had pages running around pushing the buttons. So where was your Representative when the debates took place. Odds are the golf course with a campaign contributor.
Do you really think that an armed robber/rapist is going to care about gun laws? We have laws in place for drugs and that works so well doesn't it? We have laws for so many crimes.. Rape, robbery, hi-jacking cars and planes, bombs, arson and on and on and all these work so well don't they. The law is not stopping them but a person that can defend him/her self can and even defend others. Do you think someone being attacked and beaten to death or raped is going to say, 'You can't use that gun to help me. I'll wait for the police.'
Several Mayors ( including mine ) signed a petition to the president supporting bans. Excuse me? I never said sign it. I was not even asked. There was not even a period of debate. He did it and announced it after the fact. I have seen so many arguing, after Texas said they want to allow teachers to carry weapons, scream that it should be done by police. The response by police is, sure we can have one in every school and some will rotate between two schools. That makes no sense. If a teacher is armed then the response is NOW not 'Gee can you hold off shooting anyone with that zip gun until the officer gets here from across campus? Oh by the way, that zip gun is against the law so you will have to leave.'
Why are schools such a target? Because we put a big sign in front of the school that says there is no one here that can stop you. Go ahead and use us to get your attention you seek.

GUN FREE 2.jpg

Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists

So much debate about what to ban, how much, why, what it looks like, more checks, etc. In the end, what a gun looks like or how much it holds, or more checks would not have changed a thing. CT has some of the strictest gun laws already. Not legal to own unless 21, this guy was 20. He killed and stole guns. No amount of checks would have changed that. The fault is his mother not securing her weapons. That is a responsibility that everyone should take seriously. Outside of that, 30 round clip or 10 round, if no one is firing back it doesn't matter if you have to reload one time or three. So called assault weapons do the same thing as revolvers and shotguns. Pull the trigger once, one bullet comes out. Pull it again, another comes out. That doesn't make the person on the other end any more or less dead."

"But why does anyone need a semi-automatic weapon?" ---- "Why does anyone need alcohol like we are drinking now or a car that goes 100 MPH?" Every six weeks the same number of kids are killed at the hands of drunk drivers as were in CT. Every six weeks, week after week, year after year. Yet no one dare suggest banning alcohol or cars. They are willing to accept that risk and death toll to have that freedom. Mankind existed thousands of years on this earth without cars, he could do so again."

"If the President was serious about making meaningful change, he would personally lead the charge and he would invite the NRA to the table. If we want to really make a difference, ask. As a society, how do we protect our money? Armed security. How do we protect our Politicians? Armed security. Why should or kids in our schools be any different? They choose schools because they know there will be no armed resistance. And when it does show up, they off themselves. Harden up our school grounds and buildings and require by law armed security on the premises. That's the only thing that has any chance of effectively changing these events. If armed security is good enough for the President and the other anti-gun politicians, then why are they against it for our kids? You don't send a fireman to a fire without a hose or extinguisher. If you did, all he could do is stand there and say 'what a shame.' Evil exists in this world and we can't legislate it out of existence. Pretending it won't come in a school because we have banned black rifles and long magazines is crazy.

An armed man is a Citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the 'phone.
Gun Control is not about guns; it's about control.
If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
Free Men do not ask permission to bear arms.
If you don't know your Rights you don't have any.
Those who trade Liberty for security have neither.
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.
84,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
. Know guns, know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety.
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
911 - Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
Assault is a behavior, not a device.
Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.
If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
You only have the Rights you are willing to fight for.
Enforce the "gun control laws" we have, don't make more.
When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
"...a government of the people, by the people, for the people...."
Gun control is hitting what you aim at.
Blaming a gun for crime is like blaming a fork for Rosie O'Donnell for being FAT!
My Gun? I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Firearm safety - It's a matter for education, not legislation.
How can you praise freedom, and condemn that which gains and preserves it?
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
If you are free to be a liberal -- thank a man with a gun!
Without my gun, the King of England could just come into my house and start quartering soldiers!
The D.C. gun ban works - just ask James Brady
Guns are smart enough. We need smarter politicians.
If guns kill, then beds cause pregnancy!

“Criminals are not dissuaded by soft words, soft judges or easy laws. They are dissuaded by fear and they are prevented from repeating their crimes by death or by incarceration.”
Ronald Reagan, 1975

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC