Blame the coward!

Blame the coward!

This is a discussion on Blame the coward! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is an article I sent to my local papers and posted on my Facebook page. Feel free to use. "There have been several instances ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By CrowJS

Thread: Blame the coward!

Blame the coward!

Here is an article I sent to my local papers and posted on my Facebook page. Feel free to use.

"There have been several instances of mass shootings recently: the Colorado theatre; the Sikh temple; the Oregon mall, and, most recently, the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School. These shootings have a couple of things in common: instead of grieving for the victims and praying for their families, the anti-gun activists immediately start clamoring for gun bans; and the cowards made sure to commit their evil acts in a "gun-free" zone. The latter point is the most salient. These criminals are cowards. They seek out areas where there is not a police presence and where they don't have to fear an armed citizen. In fact, there has been only one incident since the 1950's where more than three people were killed in a public place that was not in a gun-free zone.

These warped individuals want to "make a statement" by committing suicide in a way that will get them attention, so people know who they were. If you read the documents that they leave, the diaries and the video tapes, it is clear that these guys know that the higher the bodycount, the more attention they get. So, they head for the areas where they are least likely to meet armed resistance; the gun-free zones. Would getting rid of gun-free zones help? I think so, not so much because an armed citizen could come charging to the rescue, but because these warped cowards couldn't be sure that one wouldn't.

Mass shootings are nothing new. But, in spite of recent high-profile cases, there hasn't been an uptick in mass shootings. In fact, deadly school shootings have declined dramatically from the early 1990s.

It is easy to blame the gun, but it is only the tool. Knives, axes, clubs, and cars kill just as easily. Some people are going to call for banning personal firearms, others for arming school teachers. Neither of these solutions address the problem. It is not the gun culture that has to be changed, it is the culture that downplays personal responsibility, moral standards, and civic responsibility, and demands instant gratification and glamorizes flash over substance. So, let's put the blame where it belongs, on the evil person who committed these cowardly acts."
    blanco64, mkh, Clodbert and 2 others like this.

Reading your post I hit on the solution: Outlaw cowards!

Despite my smart-alec comment, I agree with you.

Maybe instead of gun-free zones, we could have evil coward-free zones!

This post echoes my thoughts on this tragedy and others like it. The people that commit these atrocious acts are almost inhuman. They are the statistical outliers of the human race because they have no qualms or reservations about harming and killing other people. Gun legislation, mental screenings, police officers in every school, etc. won't stop these people from harming others. They have no grip on reality and no fear of repercussion (especially if they turn the gun on themselves).

They are to blame. These are adults who made the decision to kill others. Don't blame the gun, don't blame the gun laws, don't blame video games, music, or movies. Don't blame anyone or anything but the sick ******** themselves.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    In these times of zero accountability and buck-passing, the gun, an inanimate object, is the logical demon. It's not about guns, it's about the mental health of America.

Great post.. totally agree with it.. Thanks for sharing!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

They're really not interested in protecting anyone at all......the only thing that would satisfy them is to disarm everyone.

Links