NAGR Email

NAGR Email

This is a discussion on NAGR Email within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I received this email from NAGR: I'm more concerned than EVER before. At their press conference this morning, the NRA refused to state their all-out ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TX expat

Thread: NAGR Email

NAGR Email

I received this email from NAGR:

I'm more concerned than EVER before.

At their press conference this morning, the NRA refused to state their all-out opposition to Barack Obama's gun ban. It's true they correctly said that "the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" -- it's something I've been saying for years.

But they hinted at the need for a massive "mental health" database -- which would surely be used by gun grabbers to strip law-abiding Americans, including more veterans, of their gun rights.

And past experience shows a willingness to cut behind the scenes deals with anti-gunners, especially in the face of a full-throated media attack.

So with this as the starting point, I am afraid we are in for a very long, hard battle.

That's why the National Association for Gun Rights is not backing down nor apologizing.

We didn't delete our Facebook account or stop our email updates this past week like the NRA did.

And we didnít go into turtle mode, something I witnessed the NRA do first hand after the Columbine tragedy. That kind of behavior implies that gun owners are guilty for the massacres of madmen.

Instead we mobilized millions of pro-gun Americans to turn up the heat on Congress to DEFEAT President Obama's gun ban.

That's how I think our gun rights are best protected.

So if you haven't already done so, please sign our Second Amendment Protection Petition (see my email below from Tuesday) -- and agree to make a generous contribution to help mobilize more pro-gun Americans to this fight.

And since this fight is so critical, please be sure and forward this email to everyone you know and ask them to help defend our right to keep and bear arms.

-- Dudley Brown

I don't understand why this organization is bad mouthing the NRA, at this critical point shouldn't all the gun rights organizations be working together for the greater good of our rights instead of trying to divide us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan6 View Post
    I don't understand why this organization is bad mouthing the NRA, at this critical point shouldn't all the gun rights organizations be working together for the greater good of our rights instead of trying to divide us?
    They are bashing them because they compete for the same audience, as well as the same dollars. I completely agree with you on the point though. Any attempt to alienate gun owners from the largest gun owners lobbyist is foolhardy, at best. Having differences of opinion on how best to address the movement to restrict our Second Amendment is fine, and is probably a good thing, since nobody has all the "right" answers, but taking the stand that the NRA is somehow the "bad guy" is just plain stupid, unless they really do want to see our Second Amendment rights cut out from under us.

Though they'd rather not admit it, the NAGR doesn't have the political pull, the membership or the bank account balances to take on protecting our rights by themselves, so if they really do care, they better stop sounding like part of the problem and work towards being a proactive force within the 2A rights community.

And they really should change their name. Guns don't have rights. Gun Owners have rights.
    longhornfan6 likes this.

Links