Verbal Ammunition

This is a discussion on Verbal Ammunition within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't know about you guys, but I'm under attack this Holiday Season from all sides (family, friends and others) over the recent shootings which ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By DRM
  • 1 Post By DRM
  • 2 Post By John Luttrel
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By Ishmael

Thread: Verbal Ammunition

Sponsor

Lightbulb Verbal Ammunition

I don't know about you guys, but I'm under attack this Holiday Season from all sides (family, friends and others) over the recent shootings which resulted in the mass murders.

Well, here is a link for those who need some "verbal ammo" to defend themselves and our 2nd Amendment rights. This guy blows away the arguments for Gun Control. A well written, well thought out piece of work.

Enjoy!

D.R.

An opinion on gun control Monster Hunter Nation
    TX expat, wmhawth and rmxer85 like this.
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

2. Remove Ads

Personally don't care much for the idea of arming teachers........would rather see LEO in school during school hours......put a desk in a closet and let him sit.

VIP Member
    And here is the nail in the coffin for Gun Free Zones. Over the last fifty years, with only one single exception (Gabby Giffords), every single mass shooting event with more than four casualties has taken place in a place where guns were supposedly not allowed.
    Can anyone confirm that this is factually correct? I'm not really doubting it, but it's an excellent talking point, so I'd want to be certain it was 100% accurate.

Sponsor
    Allowing teachers to arm themselves is free, it works and it's an immediate fix. Read the article, he covers this in great detail.
    gasmitty likes this.
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Personally don't care much for the idea of arming teachers........would rather see LEO in school during school hours......put a desk in a closet and let him sit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRM
    Allowing teachers to arm themselves is free, it works and it's an immediate fix. Read the article, he covers this in great detail.
    What is wrong with both? Here in Las Vegas we have School Police Agency as well as Las Vegas Metro. Now if we allow the Teachers to be armed we would have triple coverage?

Here is another Factoid to use: Twice as many people are murdered every year by drunk drivers as are murdered by handguns! Are looking to band the drunk driver's weapon of choice?

Another Factoid: Drunk drivers have murdered more persons than ALL the firearms over the last ten years!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by DRM View Post
    It would be easy to implement a school program, lift the gun ban on school property, get the schools designated people a concealed carry permit, document the license/training of everyone that was going to be allowed to carry, set strict guidelines as to how the weapons would be carried. Have the school's SRO run the program and handle all the training, but keep it simple; basically lift the gun ban at schools and then let the schools and local law enforcement handle the rest.

Most schools have more employees that are trained and experienced with firearms than you think, there are a lot of ex military, including myself, working at our school; many of us already have a concealed carry permit and are shoe ins for a state sponsored program. Last week our SRO officer, conducted an informal survey and found that we have many school employees that already have carry permits and many others said they'd get one if that was the direction the state wanted to go to protect our students; none of us would want a dime more to do the same job armed, that we do now unarmed. I for one believe those brave teachers that died shielding their kids would have fought like marines had they been armed.
    DRM and niks like this.
    John Luttrell

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Can anyone confirm that this is factually correct? I'm not really doubting it, but it's an excellent talking point, so I'd want to be certain it was 100% accurate.
    Try this site for partical verification: Index to SSRI Stories

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    What is wrong with both? Here in Las Vegas we have School Police Agency as well as Las Vegas Metro. Now if we allow the Teachers to be armed we would have triple coverage?

Here is another Factoid to use: Twice as many people are murdered every year by drunk drivers as are murdered by handguns! Are looking to band the drunk driver's weapon of choice?

Another Factoid: Drunk drivers have murdered more persons than ALL the firearms over the last ten years!
    Another thing worth considering is that close to half the "gun deaths" from 2011 are suicides. I don't personally believe they have any business being counted in any sort of "X is responsible for Y" sort of analysis. Someone who wants to die may choose a gun because it's there, but if it weren't they'd choose a rope, bridge, pills, a running vehicle and garden hose, or some other creative way to end their life. A suicide, while tragic, isn't a "wrongful death" statistic, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Ann Coulter does a fine job in that area....

Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

I completely agree. Someone who wants to off themselves will find a medium.

That is a great read. Good find.

I believe most mass shootings (>4 people) involve families, not strangers, so most likely at homes - not GFZ's.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't know. The idea of Mrs. Smith, my fouth grade teacher, with a Glock on her hip just doesn't ring right with me. Her ruler was weapon enough.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I don't know. The idea of Mrs. Smith, my fouth grade teacher, with a Glock on her hip just doesn't ring right with me. Her ruler was weapon enough.
    ...yes it was.... but Mrs. Smith would never successfully pit her ruler against a firearm.
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

Verbal Ammunition

I'm not under fire.... because nobody knows I carry.
    Hopyard likes this.

Links