One of the best articles yet

This is a discussion on One of the best articles yet within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why Not Renew the “Assault Weapons” Ban? Well, I’ll Tell You… « Kontradictions "I’m just going to submit this uncomfortable truth to both camps up ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: One of the best articles yet

Why Not Renew the “Assault Weapons” Ban? Well, I’ll Tell You… « Kontradictions

"I’m just going to submit this uncomfortable truth to both camps up front, with the vain hope that it will not sound callous:

Mass shootings are a tiny, tiny problem. Which isn’t to say that they aren’t utterly horrifying in more than one way. People’s lives are destroyed, both literally and figuratively. What I mean to say is that if we were to prioritize our political attention to topics according to how many lives were at stake, mass shootings wouldn’t even be on the radar."
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Wow.

That is undoubtably the most reason a self-proclaimed leftist has ever displayed regarding gun control.

Hats off to you, sir.

Thanks for posting the link, Brad426. Excellent information that we all need to know.
    Last edited by Sontag; December 23rd, 2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Thanks, gasmitty

Very well said, great read.

Very good read.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Agreed. Great read. I have a few liberals friends who will appreciate that article!

Thanks for posting the link to that article. I generally agree that any gun legislation has nothing to do with guns or crime but bowing to the liberal anti-gun base. I'm also quite sure that VP Biden will come up with something equally nonsensical. I did like a couple of the Zingers the NRA came up with: "The answer to a BG with a gun is a GG with a gun." Hopefully the GG has been practicing and is better than the NYC cops that shot a bunch of bystanders.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Thanks for posting this Brad! Great read!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Thanks for posting that Brad. An excellent well written, well reasoned article like this with the facts to back it up is what needs to out there as opposed to the conspiracy theory drivel that just makes us all look crazy.

Great article. Thanks for posting.

hmm, maybe the folks at the NRA should have brought him to the press conference....
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member

Great read! I just about fell out of bed laughing when I got to the barrel shroud Preadator!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

WOW! This is the best I have read on this topic...thank you very much for sharing!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Imagine that - a self-proclaimed leftist (he didn't say 'liberal') with an open mind. What a breath of fresh air!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Right! Lots of good points. Thanks for the link!

GREAT article! Thank you for posting!
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links