Exec Order

This is a discussion on Exec Order within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; During the election every time someone started talking about Obama taking guns away the thread was shut down. But before it was shut down floods ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Exec Order

During the election every time someone started talking about Obama taking guns away the thread was shut down. But before it was shut down floods of people showing up down playing. Make statements in support of him and how he has no plans to take any guns away.
    Well where are you now? We told he was coming for them now he is at the door and it is to late. His first move will seem reasonable to some then get ready for phase 2.
    You were Had big time .

2. Remove Ads

The thing that has been coming up and I see in this article is the fact of money. Everyone was wondering why the fiscal cliff was the first question. I am hoping they try all this stuff then settle on not being able to fund it! That way they get dirty but upset neither side. Right now though it is just opinions until all sides play their hands. I do think at this time the NRA may have more money for the fight then our government!

I'm not freaking out. There is no reason to right now. Letting all that get wrapped around your head I think is what the major media and press want you to believe. It's a big mind game to freak everyone out. I mean look what it's doing to gun sales!! I saw a sticker recently with a picture of the Fuhrer Obama and it says "Number one gun salesman of the year!" I have been lookin for those for awhile and the store wouldn't sell me the one they had.

I'm confused. If gun control was as easy as just signing a executive order, why have none of the second term anti gun presidents prior to President Obama used that method?
    Doghandler and Hopyard like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Exec Order

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I'm confused. If gun control was as easy as just signing a executive order, why have none of the second term anti gun presidents prior to President Obama used that method?
    Executive orders can be challenged in court just like every other rule or law. Presidents mostly want Congressional approval of the big ideas.

The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I do believe past presidents believed in the constitution. Obama and his administration have willfully circumvented the constitution since his election.

I would suggest that everyone should read the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012.........his means to become our dictator under an amended law he signed.

What really bothers me most people either don't care about Obama stripping us of our Constitutional Rights one at a time or just can't imagine that that is his goal. The president's administration has inacted more federal laws during his first term than any president that preceded him.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Exec Order

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    I do believe past presidents believed in the constitution. Obama and his administration have willfully circumvented the constitution since his election.

I would suggest that everyone should read the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012.........his means to become our dictator under an amended law he signed.

What really bothers me most people either don't care about Obama stripping us of our Constitutional Rights one at a time or just can't imagine that that is his goal. The president's administration has inacted more federal laws during his first term than any president that preceded him.
    Congress holds as much responsibility for the NDAA as the President does, yes?

There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Now don't go all Bob Dylan on us now ("Mama, put my guns in the ground. I can't use them anymore").

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I don't recognize my country anymore.
    I couldn't recognize it the day after the 2008 election!
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Because they still want their party to have a chance in the next election; look what happened to the Dem-o-craps after the Kilinton AWB.

I have been spouting this on forums since 2007, been shot down many times....he was just waiting for the right time..
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    Congress holds as much responsibility for the NDAA as the President does, yes?

More. Much more. They write the law. All a president can do is give it a thumb up with his signature
    or a thumbs down; and sometimes the thumb down gets overridden. There is no law that has not been
    passed by Congress. There are no rules or regulations which are inconsistent with laws passed by Congress.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Every one of you miss the point. It does not madder what Congress says it does not madder what the current Constitution says or the last ruling the Supreme court made.
    You only have what rights 5 of 9 Justices say you have. They are free to rule on any case anyway they wish. The last major guns rights case upheld the 2nd by one vote. Obama in his own words said they got it wrong and I will fix that when I appoint one more Justice to the court. He was 100% right in that HE appoints the Court, he will not appoint anyone that will support the current 2nd amendment .
    So He does not need to do anything yet other than a band or two he will wait then appoint that one justices . After that he is free to do as he pleases.
    You voted for him I did not. He said he would take your guns and he will

POTUS can't enact any really new gun regulations on his own.

and if he tried, it would be taken to court and quickly overturned.

all he can do on his own, is tweek how existing laws are enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    During the election every time someone started talking about Obama taking guns away the thread was shut down. But before it was shut down floods of people showing up down playing. Make statements in support of him and how he has no plans to take any guns away.
    Well where are you now? We told he was coming for them now he is at the door and it is to late. His first move will seem reasonable to some then get ready for phase 2.
    You were Had big time .
    $20 says there will be NO federal gun confiscations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links