Exec Order

This is a discussion on Exec Order within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/eric...rticle/2516519 Not good at all.... Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Exec Order

Exec Order

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/eric...rticle/2516519

Not good at all....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The task force is all smoke and mirrors, the WB draft is ready for the presidents approval by Executive Order.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I don't recognize my country anymore.
    TVJ, TX expat, mg27 and 2 others like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I don't recognize my country anymore.
    Not to worry, its just the "new and improved" America.... You will get to like it because you will have no other choice.....
    rugergunner likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    And this, a day earlier;
    Obama, Reid slam brakes on gun control | WashingtonExaminer.com

In the days since the Newtown killings, many Democrats and their supporters in the press have expressed a desire to enact “meaningful” gun control as soon as possible. In two brief statements, President Obama and Harry Reid have poured some very cold water on those hopes.

We are being fed so much Bovine fecal matter, its hard to tell what IS going to happen.
    I would not rule out EO from this doofus though.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soonershoote View Post

not good at all....
    OK..Take it easy and learn to read between the lines.

First order of business? Consider the source.

Let's have a closer look at whatever it is that has you in a uproar.

Attorney General Eric Holder indicated that President Obama might turn to executive orders to implement his agenda on guns in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting.
    “The Obama administration will consider executive actions and specific proposals for legislation as part of its gun policy response to the school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, U.S., Attorney General Eric Holder said on Wednesday,” per Reuters .

Holder, who is traveling to Newtown today, said they are considering their options on executive orders: “Those options will have to include a ‘strong and robust’ Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the chronically under-funded agency that enforces federal gun laws, he said.”
    1) "has indicated"
    2) "might"
    3) "consider"
    4) "part of it's"
    5) "options"

It is bad enough that the far left has shown us all it's unswerving ability to produce knee jerk reactions; Pro 2A people should not be so quick to quote this garbage as if it is a foregone conclusion.

The current Pres of this country (I can't even bring myself to type his name) has so much on his plate that this particular issue probably doesn't even rate 4th on his list of priorities. It does rate #1 if you choose to read and believe all the drivel and foul regurgitation emanating from the 4th estate.

Executive orders? You may want to take the time to read what the President is and is not capable of in this regard.
    Although he has well demonstrated that the constitution is little more to him than good reading, this particular issue you will find will not be so easy to simply "sign" off on.
    He is far to busy figuring out how to carve out his name in the history books as to what he will be remembered for.
    SIXTO, CLASS3NH and rugergunner like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Remember that the Heller Decision rode by on one vote (5-4), so that meant a very slim number of Supreme Court Justices agreed that the 2nd Amendment is a personal right, while the rest say that "precedent" outweighed the stated intentions of the founders.

If any President attempts a Presidential Executive Order to ban/confiscate firearms, our recourse is to take it through the courts and hope for the best, since our Congress seems to be giving all presidents a free pass on their powers. Witness multiple wars called "Police Actions" that have never been stopped, bald faced lies to congress overlooked, edicts never stopped (does stroke of the pen, law of the land, kinda cool sound familiar?), and no one in Washington DC willing to rein in through checks and balances the expanded power of the President?

I do wonder what the individual states would do if the Federal Government attempted a broad gun confiscation. Remember, the Fed is supposed to ONLY be the states representation in a general forum to ease the meshing of each individual state's laws and regulations in relation to the others. Though it seems a singular issue, it could be the start of a new press for States Rights v Federal Rights. Could be interesting in a bad way.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

It's only a 'test balloon', and this one isn't going very far.
    Gunnutty likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    OK..Take it easy and learn to read between the lines.

First order of business? Consider the source.

Let's have a closer look at whatever it is that has you in a uproar.

1) "has indicated"
    2) "might"
    3) "consider"
    4) "part of it's"
    5) "options"

It is bad enough that the far left has shown us all it's unswerving ability to produce knee jerk reactions; Pro 2A people should not be so quick to quote this garbage as if it is a foregone conclusion.

The current Pres of this country (I can't even bring myself to type his name) has so much on his plate that this particular issue probably doesn't even rate 4th on his list of priorities. It does rate #1 if you choose to read and believe all the drivel and foul regurgitation emanating from the 4th estate.

Executive orders? You may want to take the time to read what the President is and is not capable of in this regard.
    Although he has well demonstrated that the constitution is little more to him than good reading, this particular issue you will find will not be so easy to simply "sign" off on.
    He is far to busy figuring out how to carve out his name in the history books as to what he will be remembered for.
    And so should the President and the Attorney General.

...the Right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Yet, these two thugs are discussing how to infringe upon the 2nd amendment through the abuse of powers.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Come take'em!!!

But remember, I was sworn to an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution. And the Guberment trained me. I have not forsaken or forgotten those vows....so help me God.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member
    Washington.... where the inmates run the asylum.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

The mere consideration of allowing this govt to Infringe on the 2nd amendment is NUTS.. Might be time for us to remind the govenrment who works for who.. To stand by and let them disarm us is opening ourselves up to be abused in so many ways.. We already have given way too much power. NDAA was the worst thing we could let happen.. Someone said it earlier, we are to occupied with paris hilton, justin bever and all that horse crap. For Gods sake there was almost a riot over people not getting their food stamps on time, whats gonna happen when we run out of money and there are no more entitlements left? Thats a good reason to bear arms in itself, so when desperate people do desperate things we can protect ourselves and that will happen someday! We are more then the media portrays us to be though.. obummer wasnt elected, he was either appointed or more likely he was elected due to mass corruption. Impeach this whole govt starting with finesteeeen

New Spin

The last time I saw BHO on the TV he is now calling Gun Control Talks Gun Safety Talks. New spin on a old line od BS

And BHO will apoint 1 or 2 new Judges in the next 4 years so what does that tell you about your Right To Own Guns. Be afraid be very afraid.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Isn't it odd that the Washington Examiner whould run an article, to include a picture of a Bushmaster, with a caption underneath that states that this is the type weapon used in the Sandy Hook shootings. Did I miss something? Where or when did any police report state that a rifle of any type was proven to have been used? I have seen a video that shows a "long gun" being removed from the trunk of the car that he used. As I posted before the Biden task force is nothing but smoke and mirrors and Holder will provide the President with plan that he has been since the approval of the NFA and this plan will be approved by executive order. Obama has proven that he is above the restraints of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Just my opinion.

I also believe that the president would love to see demonstrations and riots over any type gun ban so he can use his newly approved National Security Act to allow him to declare a national emergency. He then becomes a dictator under the laws of our land......

I would also suggest that everyone should read the "National Security Act" that he signed in mid summer of this year.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links