A Way to Stop The Gun Ban. Sign The Petition - Page 3

A Way to Stop The Gun Ban. Sign The Petition

This is a discussion on A Way to Stop The Gun Ban. Sign The Petition within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Need a petition to sign? Pick one or six: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions If you genuinely believe he will be swayed, read here where ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: A Way to Stop The Gun Ban. Sign The Petition

A Way to Stop The Gun Ban. Sign The Petition

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Need a petition to sign? Pick one or six:
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions
    If you genuinely believe he will be swayed, read here where he has already made up our minds for us as responsible gun owners:
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...paign=shorturl
    I like the second one and will sign it the first one is a little aggressive

Edit: second one is closed! Figures.. But this the type of communication that needs to go out
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Signed. Maybe this is not the most effective way to approach this, but the more noise we make, the better our chances of being heard.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    This might sound like a reaaly wild and thinking out of the box idea but why don't we let the NRA and GOA and individual state gun orgs take the lead in writing a petition. It would mean more, garnish more signatures, be sponsred by recognized groups, and that is why you are paying your dues..........
    This is exactly what I was getting at; it needs to be started by the right group. The right group being whomever has the best apparatus to make it worth doing.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Can I bring up a few points about this petition and others as well. It I mean no offense to anyone and it is laudable for folks to be proactive so please take this for what it is worth. I strongly support 2A and firmly believe that we would be far better off with NO gun control. Gun-free zones accomplish nothing except make the law-abiding citizens defenseless and perfect targets for law breakers to attack. Newtown, CT is a perfect example of 'When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns'.

As family members frequently overlook one another's faults, 'outsiders' most often will not; 'outsiders' often pick at the most trivial matter in order to make themselves out to be 'better than you'.

I signed the petition but wish that someone had proofread it so that when it is presented, the message isn't lost or made fuzzy by the grammar and punctuation issues that make it difficult to simply read.

While the intent is clear to family members, incomplete sentence structure ("Switzerland one of the highest" instead of "Switzerland HAS one of the highest") and improper punctuation ("used Yet" and "kill someone Yet") make it difficult to take it very seriously by someone that we EXPECT to nit-pick & find any reason to discount it. Is it possible for the originator to edit it after it has already been posted?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links