Wayne LaPierre???

This is a discussion on Wayne LaPierre??? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why don't we all just pile on him!!! I think he is on our side and I liked his message....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Wayne LaPierre???

Why don't we all just pile on him!!! I think he is on our side and I liked his message.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Its a fact of life that when you are in the spotlight you are danged if you do and danged if you dont and no matter what you do or how you do it, somebody is going to whine about it.

The real leaders just suck it up and keep carrying on and he has been doing that.

I can respect that.
    goldmaster, BugDude and OD* like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Like many others (here and elsewhere) I liked the NRA's message and saw not the merest suggestion of arrogance from Mr Lapierre.

Lapierre said what needed to be said- instead of passing ineffectual legislation, we need to start protecting our children now.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    His style may stoke the fires of the choir but but if his goal is to convert some in the congregation..... his style is not helping his cause!
    His job is not to recruit. And Style is for wardrobe runway shows, and metro sexual, spineless, shells, of long lost manhood.

You either believe in the constitution and what it says, or you don't.
    zacii, msgt/ret and peckman28 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: Wayne LaPierre???

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    His job is not to recruit. And Style is for wardrobe runway shows, and metro sexual, spineless, shells, of long lost manhood

You either believe in the constitution and what it says, or you don't.

The constitution is an evolving document, like it or not! It can and does change. So his style is VERY important, esp when he speaks on a national stage and has a chance to change peoples minds! People who vote.

His job is not to recruit. ....... Really, where does the NRA get its money? It could be said recruiting is his most important job!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to hand gun as blue tooth's are to cell phone!

The Constitution is not an evolving document. The only time it "evolves" is if there is enough will to make an amendment to the Constitution. Interpretations change as often as the sitting judges on the Supreme COurt.....that sir is not evolving
    msgt/ret and OD* like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Wayne is not a good speaker, and he does not present well to the public. I understand he is a nice guy, even Sara Brady likes him. But We need a stronger looking figure head
    and maybe someone thats a bit better, more dynamic at public speaking. The press hates him , for no good reason, and often presents him as a geek figurehead of the NRA.
    The press are just jackles and need to be treated that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    The constitution is an evolving document, like it or not! It can and does change. So his style is VERY important, esp when he speaks on a national stage and has a chance to change peoples minds! People who vote.

His job is not to recruit. ....... Really, where does the NRA get its money? It could be said recruiting is his most important job!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    I think you have some issues you need to get resolved. Like, figuring out exactly what you believe and where you stand. Because from what you just said, you are like a ship adrift at sea, and wherever the wind blows, that's where you go.
    Can't help you with that.
    40Bob likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I think you have some issues you need to get resolved. Like, figuring out exactly what you believe and where you stand. Because from what you just said, you are like a ship adrift at sea, and wherever the wind blows, that's where you go.

The constitution IS NOT an evolving document. As American's we enjoy certain right, if you notice the amendments limit government, not the people.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

I think the guy has out-lived his usefulness as "the face" of the NRA. He was never hugely telegenic and, older now, he's less so (I know that seems shallow, but we live in a shallow culture and telegenics matter). Nor is he terribly articulate. He's a good man who's been in the same job for too long. Fresh faces/voices needed.

Seems some show mixed support for the either the NRA or LaPierre. I can't say I understand that as there doesn't seam to be any other gun right groups putting themselves out there. I think we could afford criticism if there was. Why shoot the messanger. Antis love to divide and conquer. If his confrontive style bothers some people just remember fight fire with fire. The Antis don't pull punches and make up their own propaganda if the mold doesn't fit. It's not like the stakes are high or anything like that. It doesn't matter how or who says it, antis are not going to receive it well.
    Last edited by DPro.40; December 23rd, 2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Spelling

VIP Member
    Having read thorough all these posts I must say I cannot understand why there is such concern over Mr. LaPierre being at the helm. With respect to the fresh face/arrogant/undignified/and other form-over-substance concerns, I think those critics are fooling themselves.

There does not appear to be discord or disagreement with respect to the message he delivers.

Do any of you really believe that the main stream media would receiver any other persons delivering the same message more favorably? C'mon. That person would be portrayed as just another "gun nut" that ignores "reality." Only if the person dialed back, and took "reasonable" positions such as, say, banning "assault" weapons, and "hi cap" magazines, etc. would the media voice some acceptance.

Seems like several days ago many were also fretting that the NRA would "cave." Now it's Mr. LaPierre being arrogant. My brain hurts.

Don't fall into the trap of agreeing with all the "main stream critics." Those same critics would voice the same criticism of his successor. That I guarantee.
    Last edited by PEF; December 23rd, 2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: I posted too soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Why don't we all just pile on him!!! I think he is on our side and I liked his message.
    Agreed.

I thought Wayne did a great job under very difficult circumstances.
    DPro.40 likes this.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

What makes me a "ship adrift at sea" a) the constitution is an evolving document. Not up for debate, that is a fact. b) His style is important, you like his style, I don't think its the best for current task at hand so I'm adrift because I disagree with you? c) His job is not to recruit? He is the Pres of a member based org. Recruiting is not important to that org? Explain why not?

Actually the message was delivered by many prior to him announcing it. Many sheriffs/police chiefs advocated that(or similar) very idea, in fact there was a thread with that idea on this forum before Friday(21st).
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links