Wayne LaPierre???

This is a discussion on Wayne LaPierre??? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No one can satisfy everyone....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Wayne LaPierre???

VIP Member
    No one can satisfy everyone.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    My son and I both saw his "presentation" and both of us were under-impressed. Stop a bad guy with a good guy? Eloquence for the concerned sixth graders? We both windered that after a week of preparation time, that was the best the NRA could come up with?
    I believe it was stated in such a way as to be understood by his entire audience especially the “news media”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    No, you are not adrift because you dont agree with me, you are adrift because you dont know what the hell you believe in. So, lets not mince words or dance around the issue anymore,answer a question.

If you believe the constitution is evolving, then do you agree that it is alright to make a law limiting your right to own a gun, hi cap mag, or style? Its either yes or no, simple question.

First of all I'm not sure why you "seem" to be getting upset, this is a simple internet debate! Second, up to now unless I missed it, you have not ask me a question but I will answer the one you just ask in a monent. But first you don't beleive the constitution is evolving then I'm not sure there is any real reason for conversation, its fact, its history!

Here goes with your questions...

"then do you agree that it is alright to make a law limiting your right to own a gun, hi cap mag, or style? Its either yes or no, simple question"

If I am limited to one word then YES... if I can have 2 words then HELLLL YESSSSSS! I don't not think every citizen sound be able to own any fire arm they choose.

Now you get the same one word yes or no answer. Do you believe mental ill people, hardened crimials, illegal aliens sould be able to legally own ANY type or kind of they choose?

Re: Wayne LaPierre???

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    Do you believe mental ill people, hardened crimials, illegal aliens sould be able to legally own ANY type or kind of they choose?
    Do you really think that any type of law will actually stop any of the aforementioned people from obtaining weapons?

There are laws on the books already that are meant to achieve what you want, but they don't work. So, they ought to be repealed because they are a burden on lawful people.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

First of all I'm not sure why you "seem" to be getting upset, this is a simple internet debate! Second, up to now unless I missed it, you have not ask me a question but I will answer the one you just ask in a monent. But first you don't beleive the constitution is evolving then I'm not sure there is any real reason for conversation, its fact, its history!

Here goes with your questions...

"then do you agree that it is alright to make a law limiting your right to own a gun, hi cap mag, or style? Its either yes or no, simple question"

If I am limited to one word then YES... if I can have 2 words then HELLLL YESSSSSS! I don't not think every citizen sound be able to own any fire arm they choose.

Now you get the same one word yes or no answer. Do you believe mental ill people, hardened crimials, illegal aliens sould be able to legally own ANY type or kind of they choose?
    No one is upset...not sure where that came from. I suspected that you had those beliefs, now its confirmed.

However, the question you asked me cannot be answered in a simple yes or no, because you have clumped, 2 different types covered by different laws and protections under the same umbrella.

I am not sure if this was because of ignorrance on your part or a cunning attempt to confuse the issue.

But to answer your question, criminals and illegal aliens are already banned by the law from purchasing firearms, and I agree with that.

Mental health disclosure is protected by law for the most part. But I think someone who has an extensive mental health record should be required to provide the information before buying a firearm, or if you have been institutionalized for mental health, I think that should be a part of your background record for the purposes of buying a firearm.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

It has amendments. That in itself proves its changing. Our courts make changes to it all the time.

If it were not an evolving document there would be no 2nd amendment!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    I guess I can't argue with that. 😏
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    LaPierre is a competent and articulate man but he is not a great public speaker. He was constantly looking down and reading from his script and his presentation lacked fluidity. It was cold and sterile. LaPierre needed to be more animate so his actions would match the zeal of his words. As it is, the NRA appears to be without warmth and sincerity in spite of the child-saving wishes it espouses through its words.

If we lived in a world where content was assessed in a vacum then the weight of LaPierre's words would potentially have the ability to affect all audiences just the same. As it is, however, we live in a superficial world where image reigns. Its not a coincidence that all of your pop stars reflect youth and vibrance. Its not a coincidence that everyone on T.V. is attractive. Polls even suggest that women favor more attractive candidates. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe Gore got a bump in the polls (no pun intended) when he appeared on a Rolling Stone cover with a bulge in his pants. For days it was a topic on talk shows and pop media. Out of all of the important topics to discuss concerning the presidential race, Gore's appearance took center stage.

As for LaPierre's speech, overall, I think it is a good speech. I think he makes good points about video games but as someone on the forum has pointed out before, it robs individuals of responsibility and is no different than the opposing side blaming guns. Its not video games and or guns causing these horrific acts of tragedy, its evil people - some of whom are acting out in mental illness.

SCXDm9

Was reading through this thread and would like to ask you a question . Could you be so kind as to tell me how and what you would have said that would have been so much better than Mr. LaPierre did ?
    Not trying to be a smart Alec , but curious as to how you would have handled it , thank you , Kenneth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth66 View Post
    Was reading through this thread and would like to ask you a question . Could you be so kind as to tell me how and what you would have said that would have been so much better than Mr. LaPierre did ?
    Not trying to be a smart Alec , but curious as to how you would have handled it , thank you , Kenneth
    I would recommend getting rid of Criminal Protection Zones, including schools, but that aside, I am not dissatisfied with the job he is doing.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Back in 1995 when Mr. LaPierre was Vice-President of the NRA, he made the "Jack-booted thug" comparison to the ATF that upset a lot of people - life member President Bush resigned his membership as a result. At the time, I thought that the ATF had been painted with a too thick of brush, but now 17 years later I see where he was very accurate with his assessment. He has a tough job, but he cannot make everybody happy, and those that get ticked off at him aren't important anyway. I trust his judgement.
    peckman28 likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links