NRA Chief LaPierre: 'Call Me Crazy'

This is a discussion on NRA Chief LaPierre: 'Call Me Crazy' within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was bothered by his presentation, not his message. Regardless, there is no converting the anti 2A crowd, a waste of breath. He could have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: NRA Chief LaPierre: 'Call Me Crazy'

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I was bothered by his presentation, not his message. Regardless, there is no converting the anti 2A crowd, a waste of breath. He could have announced a cure for cancer and he would still have been vilified...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

The messenger, in this case Wayne LaPierre, is always going to be vilified, but it doesn't make his message any less true. If you have better ideas than what the NRA proposed, and you're a member of the NRA, let them know what they are. I didn't have a problem with anything he said. This is NOT the time to start sniping at the NRA leadership though (IMHO), because whether you like it or not, they are our loudest voice supporting our gun rights.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    It is a tactic of the Progressives, attack the messenger. Read Alinski's "Rules for Radicals" and you will see the playbook used by the current administration.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by GunByte View Post
    Unfortunately LaPierre has done more harm than good. Even the Republicans are not buying into his ideas. Lots of negative press from all quarters about his interview. Armed guards at schools is a sensible idea but hardly new. It is done in many areas as well at other places like stadiums, etc.. In fact, there was an armed guard at Columbine and it did no good. Sometimes it is not what you say but how you say it that counts and Wayne comes off as what non gun owners think of when they think "gun nut". We need to win over the hearts and minds of the great majority of those who are on the fence about gun control and not drive them to the dark side. :)
    Not at all. Mr. La Pierre has changed the conversation, which is only in the interests of the Second Amendment and its protections. He's connected the dots between all the mass shootings that we know of, to the era of violent gaming and films. And he's added the dimension of Home Guards. Whether or not you, or I agree (I agree with the former, not the latter) with what he's proposed, he has put three legs under the chair of the conversation, and has set "grounds for appeal" if a law that targets only the 2nd Amendment is passed.

That means he's done more good than harm. And he seems to be the only one who is working towards protecting the 2nd Amendment, rather than just complaining. And yes, I have a stake in this: I'm an American, and I vote (expats can vote Federally only).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links