Gun Control.. Arm yourself with more than just bullets.

This is a discussion on Gun Control.. Arm yourself with more than just bullets. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A small percentage of people who use weapons in crimes aquired them legally.. there is something to say for Background checks. So what exactly did ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Gun Control.. Arm yourself with more than just bullets.

Senior Moderator
    A small percentage of people who use weapons in crimes aquired them legally.. there is something to say for Background checks.
    So what exactly did that background check prevent?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Re: Gun Control.. Arm yourself with more than just bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    So what exactly did that background check prevent?
    Well there is a percentage of people who would be declined based on thier history... not all states require background checks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Facts certainly help; ultimately they need to be a means to an end. Freedom itself is a worthwhile end, and if enough people get a clue that can be obvious to the general public. "Shall not be infringed" definitely means what it says, and quoting the Supreme Court will gain you zero sympathy with me. Tell me how much you think Justices like Ginsburg respect the Constitution, then tell me they're such an authority on it. The argument must include respect for the rule of law. Ignoring it is unacceptable, and renders the Constitution a worthless piece of paper. That argument trumps the crime statistics and all the other pointless crap that misses the real issue. Government-owned guns are the ones that have racked up body counts into the tens of millions, not those that are privately owned. Arguing gun control like it is a public good (but not TOO much) is a self-defeating, idiotic waste of time. CA and NJ shooters can tell you all about it. AR or AK-type rifles that have been mauled or neutered to look less threatening, even though they do the same thing? Are you going to look someone in the eye and argue that that's acceptable and not morally and practically repulsive? Give me a break. The only action that needs to take place on gun control is to begin dismantling our entire gun control apparatus, beginning with the ATF that has Mexican and American blood on its hands. They've gotten far more people killed than the CT shooter did, but who bothers to vilify them? That basic fact there shows how misguided the conversation is.

I haven't read this thread in great detail but I want to add that I personally don't seek out opportunities to argue with people over gun control. I believe what I believe, another person's opinion may differ. At the end of the day, somebody's opinion doesn't really matter to me unless they're a close loved one. Stay safe, protect your loved ones, and leave the bickering and arguing over these issues to somebody else. That's my two cents. Again, your opinion may differ.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links