CNN Newscaster Don Lemon broke CO gun laws?

This is a discussion on CNN Newscaster Don Lemon broke CO gun laws? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; CNN's Don Lemon breaks the law to buy a rifle He claims he purchased a rifle in Colorado but he supposedly lives in Georgia. This ...

Thread: CNN Newscaster Don Lemon broke CO gun laws?

VIP Member

CNN Newscaster Don Lemon broke CO gun laws?

CNN's Don Lemon breaks the law to buy a rifle

He claims he purchased a rifle in Colorado but he supposedly lives in Georgia. This raises a legitimate question regarding the veracity of his assertion. I'd like to see the gun and the receipt. If he really did buy a gun in Co and he lives in GA, then some dealer is going to have some 'splaining to do. If not, he'll have some 'splaining to do.

2. Remove Ads

Laws for rifles are different than handgun laws. You need to check both states statutes.

Does he own a business or ranch in CO? Just saying that the whole story was done by people doing internet research, without any real facts.

For all anyone knows, he could be a full fledged CO resident. Pretty common to see that type of thing.

Or, could have been illegal, who knows?

Prosecute him if he broke the firearm laws.............

Well if this makes any sense lemme explain. Comin from Missouri originally, when I was living on the Missouri side of Kansas City we had a Cabelas store on the Kansas state side. So I could drive the 20 mins to Cabelas crossing into Kansas and purchase a RIFLE or LONGGUN without a hold. Handgun I had to literally have it shipped to a dealer in Missouri, pay the transfer fee and do my NICS in Missouri. I wouldn't recommend anyone going through Cabelas for a firearms purchase though. Customer service sucks and the guys workin the Gun Library are only interested in the guns they like. I could never get any information on several Garands and Mausers I was interested in purchasing. And I waited almost 40 mins when there were 2 employees helping ONE customer ahead of me. Terrible business if you ask me.

Living here in CO, we've purchased long guns from Cabelas' from here to Missouri. Just can't purchase handguns without going through an FFL.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

VIP Member
    Yes, long guns have a different set of rules. If he purchased that rifle from an FFL, it was probably a legal purchase.

In terms of cross border purchases, CO law only allows residents of neighboring states (having a common border) to purchase long guns in CO. Similarly, CO residents may only buy long guns in those neighboring states.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    In terms of cross border purchases, CO law only allows residents of neighboring states (having a common border) to purchase long guns in CO. Similarly, CO residents may only buy long guns in those neighboring states.
    Just for clarification, do you have a cite or excerpt? I am curious, being a Colorado resident but never having purchased anywhere but where I am a resident. Thanks!

~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Links