Congressman's take on the new AWB

This is a discussion on Congressman's take on the new AWB within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I listened to Indiana Congressman Todd Rokita today on the Gregg Garrison show. Gregg, being VERY pro 2nd, asked what he thought Hussein, and friends, ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By John Luttrel

Thread: Congressman's take on the new AWB

Ex Member

I listened to Indiana Congressman Todd Rokita today on the Gregg Garrison show. Gregg, being VERY pro 2nd, asked what he thought Hussein, and friends, have in store for us for a new ban we are all worried about. He said there will NOT be a ban. Obama can't overrule a Constitutional Amendment but he CAN, and has used MANY, MANY, MANY times his famous "EXECUTIVE ORDER."

He said Congressional support is NOT there for a ban, it would be political suicide for many, but he CAN use his Executive Order to tax us to death on high cap mags, ammo, reloading components, and even on things on weapons like flash hiders, muzzle breaks, bayonet mounts, and probably first would be CCW permits. I am not sure how, since permits are State issued, he can put a massive tax on those but Washington buzz, says those are at the top of Husseins list.

Anyway these are the things a Congressman said WILL, not IF, happen once Husseins Chicago Mafia figures how to restrict our shooting, and take shooters money.

For those of you who didn't vote SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be unconstitutional to tax a constitutional right, not to mention taxing a right to the point of keeping the poor from practicing said right; it would never hold up to a SCOTUS review.
    John Luttrell

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    To many of us underestimate the gov. they have been stealing from us for years and we need to watch closer the lower elections and do a complete backround check on the ones who want to get elected. There was a Senator several years back that had a town meeting and I showed up and he stated that the people on the hill needed to be paid more because of the never ending work load and I stood up and told the those present that in my mind he was under educated, bad work habits and so overpaid for not doing what he was hired for and I was ask to leave but the press did print part of what was said

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    It would be unconstitutional to tax a constitutional right, not to mention taxing a right to the point of keeping the poor from practicing said right; it would never hold up to a SCOTUS review.
    I wouldn't bet my stockpile on that. Didn't SCOTUS just rule that upcoming healthcare penalties are only a "tax?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    I voted, and the worst candidate won anyway. Now we're in for 4 more years of nothing but trouble. This administration has and will continue to do what it pleases, the constitution means nothing to them. Hold on tight, it's gonna be a rough ride.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Obama care was not an executive order, it was a bill passed by congress. It was this bill that was challenged in the SCOTUS. So, there still has to be a bill passed by congress. And it wont happen. At least not until the Dems can control both houses.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Dream act? Fast and Furious? He has acted outside of his Constitutional authority many times. Unfortunately the trolls in the Senate and Congress refuse to call him on it. Just like the dual citizenship if his dad was truly Kenyan. He is not Constitutionally qualified to be President but he is there.

Ex Member
    When a Congressman tells you Hussein has something planned probably not a bad idea to listen.

Hey man I tried to vote but for some reason the online registration would NOT take my drivers license number or anything. It was too late to go anywhere to register. So I missed out :( First election I've missed since I've been able to vote. I'm still pissed about the election. It proved how stupid people in this country are. I also think there was some massive voter fraud goin on. No one I know in the military that was over seas even got their absentee ballots counted. Totally unfair if you ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    When a Congressman tells you Hussein has something planned probably not a bad idea to listen.
    I am not going to lose sleep over any of it. If the congress cant do the right thing, then it may be up to the people. Until then, Im going to go about my life.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    I listened to Indiana Congressman Todd Rokita today on the Gregg Garrison show. Gregg, being VERY pro 2nd, asked what he thought Hussein, and friends, have in store for us for a new ban we are all worried about. He said there will NOT be a ban. Obama can't overrule a Constitutional Amendment but he CAN, and has used MANY, MANY, MANY times his famous "EXECUTIVE ORDER."

He said Congressional support is NOT there for a ban, it would be political suicide for many, but he CAN use his Executive Order to tax us to death on high cap mags, ammo, reloading components, and even on things on weapons like flash hiders, muzzle breaks, bayonet mounts, and probably first would be CCW permits. I am not sure how, since permits are State issued, he can put a massive tax on those but Washington buzz, says those are at the top of Husseins list.

Anyway these are the things a Congressman said WILL, not IF, happen once Husseins Chicago Mafia figures how to restrict our shooting, and take shooters money.

For those of you who didn't vote SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the other side did vote, they wanted free food stamps and cell phones

Links