Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handguns, Handguns, Handguns!!

3K views 48 replies 20 participants last post by  HotGuns 
#1 ·
60% of murders in the USA are committed with handguns.

2% with rifles.

2% with shotguns.

Clearly, the statistics show where the focus should be with regards to gun laws.

And yet, for some odd reason, the focus is on rifles.

Sure, its because of the mass-shootings. But are we truly that blind to the daily killings in our communities?

Rifles & shotguns....are NOT the problem!!! So why the focus on them????

Why isn't the NRA and other gun groups driving these statistics through the skulls of legislators who want more gun laws?

Seems soooo basic. Sooo simple. And yet nobody seems to get it.

Ugg...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_crimes_in_america#Homicides

See less See more
#2 ·
"Why isn't the NRA and other gun groups driving these statistics through the skulls of legislators who want more gun laws?"

They do, but there's nothing inside to slow it down to make sense.

#7 ·
Pythius said:
cause they arent deadly weapons used to intentionally kill people.
Tell that to the surviving family members of the hundreds of people killed by repeat offending drunk drivers.

#11 ·

Why isn't the NRA and other gun groups driving these statistics through the skulls of legislators who want more gun laws?
The focus is quite simply because of the negative press against semi-automatic rifles right now.

The reason that the NRA doesn't bring up handguns is because they don't want more restrictions on them either. They don't want to fight a war on 2 fronts.

Isn't murder heinous enough? What difference does the weapon make?

Will the sudden disappearance of deadly weapons cause people to stop killing each other? No, because they'll invent other ways.

The focus ought to be on the subject of unjustified killing, in other words: murder. The problem is that society is distracted by the tools, rather than the crime itself.

We just can't seem to put the blame on the person instead of an inanimate object.

Superstitious lot; humans are.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

#13 ·
The focus is quite simply because of the negative press against semi-automatic rifles right now.

The reason that the NRA doesn't bring up handguns is because they don't want more restrictions on them either.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
i think if the American people became more aware of the facts, they would settle down about AR-15s and other rifles.

#12 ·
Why are we not focused on the criminal instead of the tool?
Is this concept so confusing?
I think not.

The simple truth is that those who are loudest about gun control are simply interested in the "control" portion. This has nothing to do with the safety of the people, only the safety of their power.

#16 ·
The liberal agenda doesn't care about facts and statistics...they just jump on any chance to push the anti-gun agenda regardless of reality or impact. If they can play on people's emotions, facts don't matter.

#23 ·
rifles are clearly not the enemy.

nor are shotguns.

magically remove all rifles and shotguns from the USA, and murder will be reduced by an amazing....4%.

wow.
I beg to differ. By removing all rifles and shot guns from the world(magically of course) murders by rifles and shot guns would decrease by 100%. I would wager that the overall murder rate would not be statistical effected.

#25 ·
But, to address the topic of the op; The libs focus on the EBRs because they know that there is no hope what so ever of getting any hand gun ban in place at this time. Start small, i.e. re institute the AWB.
It wasn't so bad, right?
It might save a life, right?
"It's for the children!".

When it is actually detrimental to the foundation of the Second Amendment, which is the real reason for any kind of weapons ban. Nibble away at the concept of individual freedoms and then the individual freedoms can be demonized and eliminated.

#26 ·
Its not the murder rate for handguns they get on the soapbox for its that's a lot of the rifles hold a lot more ammo and can cause a lot more damage in a short period of time. Research those stats and post the numbers for multiple kill by one person at one time . I'm betting dollars to donuts handguns are far behind rifles for mass shootings.

#40 ·
Pythius, seriously. This nonsense about how calling out the gun controllers for wanting little more than control is "silly and illogical", the arguments about how handguns are to blame, the denigrating of those who point out anything else that kills people other than guns...you need to get a clue here. I don't want to be rude to you, but this is the same nonsense line the anti-gunners use against us. Those who are killed by cigarettes, car accidents, drownings, wrong medicine...whatever it is, they are no less dead than those who were shot. The notion that our politicians need to focus on handguns and not rifles is also a load of crap. Handguns defend far more people than they murder each year, and quite frankly, the Constitution grants no authority to said politicians to regulate them anyway. I don't see what point you think you're making with this nonsense, but you aren't doing anyone who wishes to stop these gun control arguments any favors.

#45 ·
60% of murders in the USA are committed with handguns.

2% with rifles.

2% with shotguns.

Clearly, the statistics show where the focus should be with regards to gun laws.
And yet, for some odd reason, the focus is on rifles.

Sure, its because of the mass-shootings. But are we truly that blind to the daily killings in our communities?

Seems soooo basic. Sooo simple. And yet nobody seems to get it.

Ugg...
I think I get it. You would like the government to focus on handgun control. If that isn't your point then frankly your post makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.