Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation - Page 2

Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation

This is a discussion on Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have written all of my Senators, Congressmen and State Representatives on the matter and everyone of them are standing in our corner....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation

I have written all of my Senators, Congressmen and State Representatives on the matter and everyone of them are standing in our corner.
    John Luttrell

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    We lived through this crapola once, we can do it again if need be. The '94 ban retired with not much more than a whimper. Load up on high cap mags and get yourself an extra Colt or three.
    What worries me are the conservative buddies I have making comments like, "Why does anyone need a 30 round magazine?" and other drivel like that.
    This ban if passed will not have a time limit on it. The previous one had a 10 year limit written into it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Where's the evidence that these changes and restrictions will result in fewer violent gun crimes? Where's the data supporting this? We've talked about it on this forum in other discussions and to me the data on gun control is muddled and inconclusive at best. But I personally don't expect the federal government to use data and logic to solve this problem. I also don't think the government *should* be trying to solve the problem of mass shootings because frankly I don't think there's anything they can do that would be remotely effective and wouldn't restrict the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens at the same time. Any proposed legislation would affect law-abiding citizens and probably not affect gun violence itself.

And how sad is it that we as law-abiding citizens have to rush to buy magazines and rifles before this supposed ban passes into law, if it ever does pass. Even the threat of new gun legislation is infringement on our rights in my eyes. Merry Christmas and stay safe.

While you waste your time talking about bans and what congress will or will not allow you miss the train about to run you over.
    Obama never cared about any of this he told you his plan years ago and he is on track. He will by pass all of this in the end.
    He will appoint one more justice to the Supreme court and rule the 2nd does not apply to the people but to the Government and you are done.
    he told he would do it and he will. Once he appoints that one more justice he will control the court and do what ever he wants.
    Enjoy you voted for him I did not.

RKM
    Why do I NEED a 30 round magazine? The same reason the rest of society NEEDS a 60" TV, the lastest iPhone, the latest computer, a $60k SUV, designer clothes, Facebook, etc. It's not about NEEDing, it's about wanting these things and enjoying life. We have the right to have these things. I have nothing against people with any of those things, but they don't NEED those things the same way I don't NEED a 30 round magazine. It's not my fault that people choose to do evil.

I agree with RKM if re-re's can go grab the new iphones and ipads and all that junk why can't I have a 30round mag? They don't NEED those phones! I've been using the same droid x for over a year. It has seen better days but it does what I need it to do. Make phone calls and check email LOL but I don't just HAVE to run out and get a new phone. Another comment was good about lowering restriction speed on cars. I'm all for that. People don't NEED to go that fast unless they're a racecar driver or on a designated racing track right? So stay the hell away from our 2nd Amendment! It's not their job to tell us what we can and cannot have. That is up to us as we elect these ingrates!

Join the NRA.
    NOW!!!!!
    blanco64, TX expat, darbo and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nralifer4570 View Post
    join the nra.
    Now!!!!!
    ^^^ this ^^^
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation

Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    Where's the evidence that these changes and restrictions will result in fewer violent gun crimes? Where's the data supporting this?
    The data on the last AWB are quite conclusive. It had no measurable effect. Remind your representatives to review the studies (2x) by the DoJ. Print and send them.
    TX expat likes this.

We had our family Christmas Lunch yesterday, probably 25 adults there. Now this group is almost all rural folks that have grown up with lots of guns and all are avid outdoors people who take their hunting and fishing very seriously and if there was single person in the group that voted for Obama, I'd be very surprised . I said all that to put in perspective what came next. We got to talking about gun bans and mass shootings and everyone there, except me, saw no need for anyone owning an AR type rifle or any rifle magazine over 5 rounds. Now this is not a bunch of east coast liberals, I'm talk'n a bunch of Arkansas born and bred, southern rednecks. Everyone of them owns enough guns to cause Nancy Pelosi to have a heart attack and most belong to the NRA, but they just don't see the danger of an AWB and magazine ban and don't think that it will effect them.
    Annual Member NRA 1972-88
    Life Member NRA 1988
    Endowment Member NRA 2013
    SAF Member 2013

Quote Originally Posted by brocktice View Post
    The data on the last AWB are quite conclusive. It had no measurable effect. Remind your representatives to review the studies (2x) by the DoJ. Print and send them.
    Not only did it have no real effect, IIRC Cho used post ban mags at Virginia Tech. He had a backpack full of them. So much for limiting capacity to 10 and it effecting the outcome.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Those that want total control,know to "strike when the iron is hot".

They know that there is no harm in going for the gold. Even if they lose now, its just a matter of time until they eventually get what they want. They'll ask for a lot,maybe get a little...and all we as gunowners do in the meantime is lose.
    This is why I'd like to see the NRA and pro 2A legislators go on offense (get current restrictions removed, expand back towards "full" rights, etc). Staying on defense, some attacks will get through.
    darbo likes this.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation

Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    This is why I'd like to see the NRA and pro 2A legislators go on offense
    I'm pretty sure the NRA generates offense on a regular basis, for better or worse.

VIP Member
    Guys, arguing against the ban here is kind of pointless. 99% of us agree it is pointless. The one or two members we have that may support such idiotic restrictions aren't suddenly going to change their mind because you posted the same argument that a thousand before you have posted here.

We need to focus on what needs to be done to stop this. If you haven't joined the NRA you're helping the antis, so send them a check today. Call, write, email, and fax your legislators at least once a week to express your opposition to any gun control legislation. Write opinion letters to your newspapers, call local talk radio shows, do everything you can to ensure that our side dominates public opinion. The sheeple may not agree with anything we say, but they should go to bed hearing our message ringing in their ears. We've let the gun grabbers dominate the discussion since the shooting happened. That was a mistake on the part of the NRA, but it is one that can be overcome, but it will take us getting our message out to the public, not parroting it to one another.

For what it is worth, Bane's insider only has access to one piece of legislation it appears. I know of at least one Senator that is planning on including language that you cannot transfer a banned weapon or magazine with an eye on telling you to turn them in. They're considering going way off to deep end but don't feel like they'll succeed in going that far yet. That doesn't mean they aren't getting ready to push outright bans if anything else happens to further embolden them.
    Danoh and Darrow75 like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

What happened to the part of our constitution that said we have the right to overthrow our government if we don't feel it's doing the right job? Or am I mistaken?

From the Declaration of Independence. Not only do you have the right to overthrow your government, it is a responsibility placed on us by a founding fathers. If our government betrays us, acts other then in accordance to our wishes or we feel changes need to be made it is our obligation to do so.

Selected quotes by Jefferson about 'rebellion':

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them." --Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere." --Thomas Jefferson to Abigail Adams, 1787.
    "Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [i.e., securing inherent and inalienable rights, with powers derived from the consent of the governed], it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." --Thomas Jefferson: Declaration of Independence, 1776. ME 1:29, Papers 1:315
    "We think experience has proved it safer for the mass of individuals composing the society to reserve to themselves personally the exercise of all rightful powers to which they are competent and to delegate those to which they are not competent to deputies named and removable for unfaithful conduct by themselves immediately." --Thomas Jefferson to Pierre Samuel Dupont de Nemours, 1816. ME 14:487
    xsigma40cal likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links