Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation

This is a discussion on Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Echo_Four Guys, arguing against the ban here is kind of pointless. 99% of us agree it is pointless. The one or two ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Guys, arguing against the ban here is kind of pointless. 99% of us agree it is pointless. The one or two members we have that may support such idiotic restrictions aren't suddenly going to change their mind because you posted the same argument that a thousand before you have posted here.

We need to focus on what needs to be done to stop this. If you haven't joined the NRA you're helping the antis, so send them a check today. Call, write, email, and fax your legislators at least once a week to express your opposition to any gun control legislation. Write opinion letters to your newspapers, call local talk radio shows, do everything you can to ensure that our side dominates public opinion. The sheeple may not agree with anything we say, but they should go to bed hearing our message ringing in their ears. We've let the gun grabbers dominate the discussion since the shooting happened. That was a mistake on the part of the NRA, but it is one that can be overcome, but it will take us getting our message out to the public, not parroting it to one another.

For what it is worth, Bane's insider only has access to one piece of legislation it appears. I know of at least one Senator that is planning on including language that you cannot transfer a banned weapon or magazine with an eye on telling you to turn them in. They're considering going way off to deep end but don't feel like they'll succeed in going that far yet. That doesn't mean they aren't getting ready to push outright bans if anything else happens to further embolden them.
    In some interview I saw with Feinstein she said something about transportation of "assault weapons" too. Obviously this was just interview talk but if they were to make it illegal to transport them, you would basically be able to own whatever you had in your home but you wouldn't be able to remove it from your home. How much of a suck factor would that be? I really enjoy AR piggie hunts, although the piggies don't care much for it...

I would have to further echo all the sentiments about the NRA. Like them or not, they are our absolute best chance of keeping the "pro-gun" politicians in step with their constituants. There are a number of Democrats that fall into this group too so it'll be interesting to see which force they fall to; either their party or their people. Regardless, if you haven't made a contribution, please consider making one now. If you don't want a membership, then just make a donation without the membership part. If you have the funds, give them a little more than the membership dues. Use the Life Membership thread and get yourself a life membership if you can. If you can't find the thread and need a sponsor, PM me, I'll sponsor you.

It's important to realize that any ground we give up now will be hard fought to get back, and that'll just get back to where we were before all this started. Getting the gun-hating liberal states in line with The Constitution isn't ever going to happen if the Federal Government gets more hooks in the control of firearms.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    What happened to the part of our constitution that said we have the right to overthrow our government if we don't feel it's doing the right job? Or am I mistaken?

Your average citizen isn't as passionate as most of us and aren't willing to take those measures for matters of gun control...

But if you take their gov. check etc, then you may very well see a revolt.

I'm all in agreeance with both statements. There are not alot of people who care about our foundation of rights in this country. Slowly the flag in my eyes is being torn to pieces. I am considering hanging my flag over my balcony upside down in distress.

Although they are amending it as we type, to make it much worse and much stronger...... the initial verison that Feinstien presents to Congress every year is out there to read.......

and he's right. It's amazing..... and even gives the US Atty Gen the power to add any gun to the ban they deem should be, with no approval required from Congress.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Chicago style legislation.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Although they are amending it as we type, to make it much worse and much stronger...... the initial verison that Feinstien presents to Congress every year is out there to read.......

and he's right. It's amazing..... and even gives the US Atty Gen the power to add any gun to the ban they deem should be, with no approval required from Congress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Chicago style legislation.
    Do they really think that they can pass this sort of bill? They can't pass much less controversial items. What makes them think that this will be successful? Or is it all a grand theater show?

People can complain about the NRA all they want (I'm one from time to time, and have done it recently), but they are the group tasked with holding the line. When discussing the NRA and the upcoming fight, I've been equating them to the 101st Airborne at Bastogne, completly surrounded at the Battle of the Bulge, with Wayne LaPierre responding to critics by saying "NUTS". As I've said in other posts, his style rubs me the wrong way some times, but it's a bottom line business and you can't argue with results. LaPierre and and the NRA will hold the line. I tell all my friends and family that if they aren't a member, they're just along for the ride on the backs of the dues paying members, and have no right to wallow and complain if it doesn't work out in the coming months. The SAF and others will do their part and are effective in their own right, but when the balloon goes up, I want my support behind the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I definitely don't support it or any legislation that seeks to disarm Americans. But I'm unaffected if .22's are exempt. However my kids would not have an opportunity to own a non PC rifle.Also the future of High Power rifle competition is dependent on this too it seems. Not gonna lose any sleep over it, but it pisses me off. IMHO we need to pursue impeachment based on Fast & Furious. Its purpose was to justify the same legislation. Who are the real criminals here? All they had to do was wait for opportunistic events to further their agenda. Something needs to be done but gun control ain't it...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

The question we need to be asking ourselves is;

How do we get the compromise crowd [~anyone willing to give up something or see no reason to need something, ex- high cap mags, form and function furniture] to get on board with those of us that are firm on the NO MORE LEGISLATION line?
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation

The question we need to be asking ourselves is;

How do we get the compromise crowd [~anyone willing to give up something or see no reason to need something, ex- high cap mags, form and function furniture] to get on board with those of us that are firm on the NO MORE LEGISLATION line?
    Easy. The last AWB had no effect. Neither will this one. It will only impose on people that are already not causing a problem. It's a waste of an opportunity to seriously address the problems that resulted in Sandy Hook. If that doesn't swing them, I doubt anything will.

Yes, but the new one will be different - no grandfathering, no sunset. Ergo any previous AWB can not be used as a comparison.
    oneshot likes this.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by samh View Post
    ...but they just don't see the danger of an AWB and magazine ban and don't think that it will effect them.
    This is the problem. If they are smart, those that seek to eliminate our gun rights will start with ugly rifles and magazine capacity, but include grandfathering to keep the outrage down. That won't work (because criminals and crazy people don't follow the law), so they increase the scope and add federal registration. Next they tighten the noose and begin confiscation. In the end we have limited ownership of hunting rifles, heavily controlled and legislated like in most places in Europe, and NO defensive weapons.

This is what happened in England, and just like their failing healthcare system, it's the new model for America. Perhaps worst of all, the children over there are so indoctrinated that it is doubtful that firearms ownership will ever come back.

Join the NRA! Join your state Assoc! Donate! Speak out! Take a non-gun person shooting!

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Yes, but the new one will be different - no grandfathering, no sunset. Ergo any previous AWB can not be used as a comparison.
    I'm sure they'd like to eliminate grandfathering, but the alternative is buy-back/confiscation. I can't see either of those flying.

VIP Member
    Sounds like its going to be like the affordable health care bill, you will have to pass it to see whats in it. They will pass it in the middle of the night, be able to change it on the fly and trust me you won't like it. This is transparency and you bet they will listen to us! Not. How did this administration even get reelected? Can't even fix the economy! They don't know jack squat about guns yet they have armed guards for themselves. Just like health care, they got the Cadillac and we get the bus. Only time I matter is April 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktice View Post
    I'm sure they'd like to eliminate grandfathering, but the alternative is buy-back/confiscation. I can't see either of those flying.
    Reeeeeeeallly? Better start grasping the unthinkable. This is one serious situation that we all need to be thinking worst case scenario. Because if we lay back and say "Nah, they won't go that far" then we will have failed in our diligence, and the support that we could have gotten from the "OK to compromise" end of the gun owner crowd will be lost.
    oneshot and bigdog44 like this.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links