Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation - Page 5

Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation

This is a discussion on Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The children are too safe. 142k schools in this country. 54million children attending these schools. More ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The children are too safe.

142k schools in this country. 54million children attending these schools. More dead from other school related activities (non criminal) in 3 years than from shootings in the last 20.

The general population is incapable of looking at the bigger picture. They can only focus on the here and now, or in this case, 1 incident in 1 town in 1 day.

brocktice - The govt will not do a buy back. It will be "Turn 'em in." Then I suspect they will have the 4473/NICS data compiled by then and will go visiting all individuals that have "x" number and over of submissions. Then the "Rat on your neighbor" campaign will start.

Big country, too many gun owners spread out over all 50 states to mount any sort of effective protest or refusal. Hell, filing us all away in jail/prisons while they sort it out (at our expenses I'll wager) will fix the unemployment problem at the same time.

Far fetched? At this point I would venture anything is possible.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Now that's funny. They're going to lock us all away in jails and prisons when we're turning criminals out as fast as we can due to there not being enough room for them. That's just not how it is going to go down. They're going to try to make some big move now, and then continue chipping away piece by piece so that there's never a large number of people to deal with.

The question is how far they're willing to go right away. The USSC is not on their side in this. Justice Kennedy is 76 years old. It is highly unlikely that he will remain on the court for the entire 4 years of Obama's second administration. Scalia is 76 as well, but with ideology hardline it is unlikely he'd consider stepping down with Obama in the White House, so assuming he lives 4 more years he'll likely be on the court for 4 more years. Thomas, Roberts, and Alito aren't going any where. So we're looking at one seat Obama will fill and maybe a second. Sadly, the Kennedy seat is the swing seat on the Court. So we can prepare for a 5-4 liberal court with 5 justices ready to trample our rights. The key for them is not getting cases to the court before they have the votes. Being bound by Stare Decisis it is quite possible that 1-2 of the justices would actually uphold gun rights if they court had ruled that way recently... which is where they'd be if they moved too fast.

For that reason, and only that reason, I'm expecting a redo of the 1994 ban without a sunset and an outside possibility of a registration scheme and not much else in the short term. Once Kennedy announces he is leaving the Bench God help us if the Democrats still run the Senate.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links