Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation

This is a discussion on Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From Michael Bane's blog today : BTW, here's the best information I have on the upcoming legislation. The source is confidential, but retired federal law ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation

Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation

From Michael Bane's blog today:

BTW, here's the best information I have on the upcoming legislation. The source is confidential, but retired federal law enforcement:

I have reviewed the proposed legislation. It asks to ban future production or import of ANY AK, AR or anything that looks or functions like these rifles. It hopes to also ban extended shotgun tubes and to limit all future rifles to a maximum capacity of 5-rounds and handguns to a max of 10-rounds, except for .22 cal. Also included in the legislation is a separate section seeking to ban future production or import of any hi-cap mags, max 5-rounds for rifles and 10-rounds for semi-auto pistols. It specifically lists about 900 long guns that are legal, but all are bolt action, pump or single shot, not a single semi-auto rifle other than .22lr! There will likely be multiple, competing versions of legislation as the Dems line up to see who can offer the most restrictive language. If you want a modern sporting rifle, aka assault weapon, I suggest you get in line to get one now.

A point I'd like to make here...I have seen criticism on other sites of the NRA and various strategies. My friends, this needs to end NOW! The battle lines are drawn, and they are the lines we will fight on. The NRA will lead that battle, with SAF, GOA and NSSF and every one of us providing support. If we survive this, we can have long, penetrating, pointless discussions over "angels dancing on the head of a pin" doctrine and who we do or don't like. In the meantime, STAND DOWN! As the flag says, "Join, Or Die."
    Thoughts?
    darbo likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    With the Present Administration, ANYTHING is possible.

They are all gun hating fanatics. They understand an armed citizenry and they will do whatever they can to eliminate it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I hear many conservative Republicans talking about how there really is no need for 30 round magazines and they are also in favor of an AWB. It's not just the current administration or just the Democrats. It's people from both sides who want something done.
    Hopyard and minimalbrat like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I hear many conservative Republicans talking about how there really is no need for 30 round magazines and they are also in favor of an AWB. It's not just the current administration or just the Democrats. It's people from both sides who want something done.
    Then they should make vehicles illegal - people kill more people with vehicles annually than people using firearms. Nobody "needs" a V-8 so make it illegal to own one. Nobody "needs" a motorcycle that can reach speeds in excess of 200 mph so make them illegal too. For that matter, nobody "needs" any vehicle that can travel faster than 80 mph (90 if in selected spots of Montana and Texas) so make them illegal too. Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid and we will never be able to successfully argue with idiots. They'll just drag us all down to their level and beat us with experience.
    crue2009, oneshot, DC and 3 others like this.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    Those that want total control,know to "strike when the iron is hot".

They know that there is no harm in going for the gold. Even if they lose now, its just a matter of time until they eventually get what they want. They'll ask for a lot,maybe get a little...and all we as gunowners do in the meantime is lose.
    OD*, TX expat, oneshot and 2 others like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    “The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside. Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them; the weak would become a prey to the strong.”
    – Thomas Paine

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them, it is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed in their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is ‘needed’ before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents’ interests, I shall reply that I was informed their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can." Barry Goldwater

^^^^^^I wish we had men like this in charge again. ^^^^^^^^^^

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. Mark Twain
    pittypat21, darbo and DRM like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Re: Gun ban update: Michael Bane claims to have 'inside source' on legislation

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Unfortunately there are plenty of statists on both sides of the aisle.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    chiefjason likes this.

I wonder what my choices are if such laws are passed and I decide I just can't stomach it? I wonder if red states like Texas would stand for it? I think this is as big a deal now as slavery was in the mid 1800's (of course this time the federal government is purely not in the right and there's no question.)

We lived through this crapola once, we can do it again if need be. The '94 ban retired with not much more than a whimper. Load up on high cap mags and get yourself an extra Colt or three.
    What worries me are the conservative buddies I have making comments like, "Why does anyone need a 30 round magazine?" and other drivel like that.
    minimalbrat and darbo like this.

If this it true, I don't see it.
    but here, it finally is. FREEDOM LOST. And the CHAINS that he promised us. OH yes we can.
    This will be up to the courts to deside

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    We lived through this crapola once, we can do it again if need be. The '94 ban retired with not much more than a whimper. Load up on high cap mags and get yourself an extra Colt or three.
    The problem is, we don't know if the next potential ban will be temporary or permanent. Will they seek another 10 year ban? Or will they seek for a permanent ban? Neither is acceptable, regardless.
    oneshot likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Senior Moderator
    You can bet that it will be permanent. I dont think those that are hostile to gun ownership are stupid enough to let that get by them again.
    darbo, pittypat21 and oneshot like this.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Unfortunately one lesson they are sure to note from the last ban aside from the sunset, - Grandfathering.

The USA is unique and can not be compared to any other country on the planet, unfortunately following that logic, it's hard to say "Look what happened in the UK, Australia, Canada when they did their ban". We all know what is going to happen, all violent crimes against the innocent are going to skyrocket. The criminals will be the only ones with guns, the flow of guns will reverse itself and start coming back across the southern border.

If we loose this fight, the best we can hope for is that the next wackodoodle we put in the high chair can correct it.
    darbo and DRM like this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    i know this sounds trivial
    with so many 30 and higher round magazines already floating around the streets
    what makes them think by banning new ones that a person could not obtain old ones to do
    what they need to complete and evil deed.....?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    i know this sounds trivial
    with so many 30 and higher round magazines already floating around the streets
    what makes them think by banning new ones that a person could not obtain old ones to do
    what they need to complete and evil deed.....?
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    They can put a limit to how many one person can own.
    If they had ENOUGH support from across the aisle, they could get an all out ban on them from the get go.
    They can have you NEVER be able to sell them or give them away, when you sell the firearm.
    They could make it so the firearm is never allowed to be transfered or sold, thereby reducing it to scrap metal.
    When the X number of mags you have go bad/get damaged etc etc they are scrap.

They may ask for the MOON, and depending on how much support they get from ALL the legislators who may be conveniently deciding to "retire" , they may just in fact get that MOON!
    As was stated, if an AWB happens, or a ban as well with other firearms being stipulated, it most likely be a permanent one.
    varob likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links