William J. Bennett -- The case for gun rights is stronger than you think

William J. Bennett -- The case for gun rights is stronger than you think

This is a discussion on William J. Bennett -- The case for gun rights is stronger than you think within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/19/opinio...rticle_sidebar The case for gun rights is stronger than you think By William J. Bennett, CNN Contributor updated 3:54 PM EST, Wed December 19, 2012 ...

Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By DaveH
  • 5 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 3 Post By Brad426

Thread: William J. Bennett -- The case for gun rights is stronger than you think

  1. #1
    VIP Member
    Array DaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Posts
    5,036

    Thumbs up William J. Bennett -- The case for gun rights is stronger than you think

    http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/19/opinio...rticle_sidebar

    The case for gun rights is stronger than you think

    By William J. Bennett, CNN Contributor
    updated 3:54 PM EST, Wed December 19, 2012

    STORY HIGHLIGHTS:

    √ – William Bennett: Arming, training one person in a school could help prevent shootings

    √ – He says armed people have stopped instances of mass killing

    √ – Killers may target places where they know they can’t be shot down, Bennett says

    √ – Bennett: Guns help prevent crime and improve public safety

    SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

    I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

    I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

    Veni, Vidi, Velcro


  2. #2
    Distinguished Member
    Array miller_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    1,529
    I like it, lot of good points in there. I hope our FIGHT is stronger than expected.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

    G19 AIWB

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,758
    Liberal anti's hate this kind of thinking...called common sense.
    Darrow75, DPro.40, 8th ID and 2 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array Brad426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,885
    Best piece of info in the article, in my opinion:

    "John Lott, economist and gun-rights advocate, has extensively studied mass shootings and reports that, with just one exception, the attack on U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson, Arizona, in 2011, every public shooting since 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns."
    Darrow75, AWDeanSr and ANGLICO like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

    I love Tiberius/Maggie.

  5. #5
    Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: William J. Bennett -- The case for gun rights is stronger than you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Best piece of info in the article, in my opinion:

    "John Lott, economist and gun-rights advocate, has extensively studied mass shootings and reports that, with just one exception, the attack on U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson, Arizona, in 2011, every public shooting since 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns."
    Wow.

  6. #6
    VIP Member Array Brad426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,885
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

    I love Tiberius/Maggie.

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array nedrgr21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,633
    Tapia shooting was in Chicago. I think the author is also leaving out an aspect of the study in that it excluded familial shootings.

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array Brad426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,885
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Tapia shooting was in Chicago. I think the author is also leaving out an aspect of the study in that it excluded familial shootings.
    Ah, I wasn't looking at cities, just specific locations. Thanks.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

    I love Tiberius/Maggie.

  9. #9
    Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: William J. Bennett -- The case for gun rights is stronger than you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Ah, I wasn't looking at cities, just specific locations. Thanks.
    Haha, yeah, Chicago as a whole is a gun-free zone *cough*.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Array DPro.40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    611
    Great read and from CNN. Thank you Dave H.
    You could tatto it backwards on the forehead of the Liberal antis to have them read it everyday in the mirror and they still wouldn't accept it. As much as I hate to say it, I think the AWB will be reinstated by any means. I am under the impression sometimes that its more about defending revenues generated by taxes and the government responds to the antis with the reinstatement of the AWB but would rather they just go away vs forcing the governments hand to act. How much revenue do you suppose is generated by taxes to the government by overall firearms and ammo sales. Any thoughts here of a possible relation? I think if POTUS intended to or was going to restricte our rights to the 2nd amendment he woukd have done it first term or It would have been part of the reelection platform. Oddly enough I haven't seen it stated until now.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Array Armydad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    553
    DPro.40 - Obama tried the failed Fast and Furious as a back door way to come after us. It was a bungled failure and he was cut off at the pass. In the second Presidential debate he said that he wanted to reinstitute the AWB and also the "cheap" hand guns that are such a problem in his home town of Chicago. Within 12 hours of securing re-election he publicly instructed that we would participate in the UN Arms Trade Treaty. The only way to take total control by the ruling class is to disarm us and he has 4 years to attempt all kinds of crap. Tighten up the boot straps as it will be a tough battle.

  12. #12
    Member Array tdw63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    174
    Libs think common sense is a mental disorder and should be treated as such.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array txron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    852
    Good article. Especially the gun free zones. I wish he would have mentioned the highest gun control cities have the highest crime rates.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Array mulle46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    Great read and from CNN. Thank you Dave H.
    You could tatto it backwards on the forehead of the Liberal antis to have them read it everyday in the mirror and they still wouldn't accept it. As much as I hate to say it, I think the AWB will be reinstated by any means. I am under the impression sometimes that its more about defending revenues generated by taxes and the government responds to the antis with the reinstatement of the AWB but would rather they just go away vs forcing the governments hand to act. How much revenue do you suppose is generated by taxes to the government by overall firearms and ammo sales. Any thoughts here of a possible relation? I think if POTUS intended to or was going to restricte our rights to the 2nd amendment he woukd have done it first term or It would have been part of the reelection platform. Oddly enough I haven't seen it stated until now.
    Obama is an intelligent pragmatist, and knew if he pushed gun control in first term, he would be a one term president. He didn't give any specifics on it during campaign for reelection for same reason, and to protect fellow democrats from political fallout.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

bill bennet gun control petition
,

bill bennett 2nd

,

bill bennett 2nd amendment

,

bill bennett 2nd ammendment

,

bill bennett gun petition

,
bill bennett petition
,

bill bennett.com second amendment

,

billbennett.com 2nd admenment

,
gun rights
,
the case for gun control is stronger then you think
,
william bennett on gun control
,
william j bennett the case for gun rights is stronger than you think
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors