Why is David Gregory not under arrest?

This is a discussion on Why is David Gregory not under arrest? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't sweat the small stuff....this is so small in the scheme of things. What gains do we get by him getting prosecutied? More attention ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 83
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Why is David Gregory not under arrest?

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,804
    I don't sweat the small stuff....this is so small in the scheme of things. What gains do we get by him getting prosecutied? More attention on gun laws? Nope, folks want him prosecuted for vengeance, not to help out cause.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Member Array ost911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    chesapeake, ohio
    Posts
    62
    prove its not just a foe 30 rounder.

  4. #18
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,173
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    No I'm not kidding. He presented it "as a true functioning high capacity magazine". He didn't let the viewing audience know that for purposes of the interview, that it was a "non-functioning prop" did he? No. So therefore, he held it up presenting it as what he claimed it to be. "Fully functioning". Which leaves him in possession of an illegal item within the D.C. district, and video footage to prove it.
    If I hold up a bag of powder on video claiming its cocaine,but they can't physically find any cocaine I can't be charged with possession of cocaine
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  5. #19
    Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West Branch
    Posts
    1,923

    Re: Why is David Gregory not under arrest?

    I hope Mr. Gregory is OK. I can't imagine how traumatic that must have been for him, to actually hold that big, mean magazine.

    ...
    The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

  6. #20
    Member Array CaptSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington /San Juan's
    Posts
    350
    hE'S STILL GOT ONE OF THOSE "DEPUTY" US MARSHALL PERMITS...All the elites (read Congress and Senate critters)have them...to protect themselves from the great unwashed......

  7. #21
    VIP Member Array tkruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Really SW, Virginia
    Posts
    4,652
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If I hold up a bag of powder on video claiming its cocaine,but they can't physically find any cocaine I can't be charged with possession of cocaine
    It still justifies an investigation into it. He was within D.C.'s limit. It is illegal to possess a 30 round magazine in D.C. Watch the video again. He held it up and said that it was a 30 round magazine. That tells the viewer that he is holding up a 30 round, functioning, although obviously empty, magazine. He did NOT declare it to be a mock, foe, fake, disabled, non-functioning, dummy magazine. This warrants an investigation. If they find the one he used, and it was indeed real, functioning, he deserves to be arrested.

    Why is everyone so quick to defend this liberal hypocrite jerk? I'm certain that if any one of you were caught with a 30 round magazine within D.C.'s limits, David Gregory, would make a big spectacle on air about you and your guns.

    I called it the way I see it. He is a liberal hypocrite who exploits his anti-2A agenda at the expense of our rights. He was in possession of an illegal item (plain as day on TV), while pushing his anti-2A agenda, trying to imply that (there has to be another way besides putting armed guards in our schools), all the while his kids go to a school which has 11 armed guards.

    Seems to me I recall a recent event where some teenage girl posted a youtube video of herself holding up money saying she robbed a bank and she also had drugs, and her little rear end wound up being arrested.

    Don't tell me it doesn't warrant an investigation, because yes, if you post a youtube video of yourself holding up a bag of powder claiming it's cocaine, believe me they "can" investigate you.

    So far, they have not said "if" they found the magazine, or determined whether or not it was a real, functioning magazine, just that it is being investigated. I'm glad they are investigating it. If they find that magazine and it was a "real" one, then yes I hope they arrest his sorry hypocrite behind and make an example out of him, or atleast do him as they would do you or I. Why should he get off for something the you or I would surely be arrested for just because he is rich, or he is with the media?
    DC, JoJoGunn and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

  8. #22
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,804
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    It still justifies an investigation into it. He was within D.C.'s limit. It is illegal to possess a 30 round magazine in D.C. Watch the video again. He held it up and said that it was a 30 round magazine. That tells the viewer that he is holding up a 30 round, functioning, although obviously empty, magazine. He did NOT declare it to be a mock, foe, fake, disabled, non-functioning, dummy magazine. This warrants an investigation. If they find the one he used, and it was indeed real, functioning, he deserves to be arrested.

    Why is everyone so quick to defend this liberal hypocrite jerk? I'm certain that if any one of you were caught with a 30 round magazine within D.C.'s limits, David Gregory, would make a big spectacle on air about you and your guns.

    I called it the way I see it. He is a liberal hypocrite who exploits his anti-2A agenda at the expense of our rights. He was in possession of an illegal item (plain as day on TV), while pushing his anti-2A agenda, trying to imply that (there has to be another way besides putting armed guards in our schools), all the while his kids go to a school which has 11 armed guards.

    Seems to me I recall a recent event where some teenage girl posted a youtube video of herself holding up money saying she robbed a bank and she also had drugs, and her little rear end wound up being arrested.

    Don't tell me it doesn't warrant an investigation, because yes, if you post a youtube video of yourself holding up a bag of powder claiming it's cocaine, believe me they "can" investigate you.

    So far, they have not said "if" they found the magazine, or determined whether or not it was a real, functioning magazine, just that it is being investigated. I'm glad they are investigating it. If they find that magazine and it was a "real" one, then yes I hope they arrest his sorry hypocrite behind and make an example out of him, or atleast do him as they would do you or I. Why should he get off for something the you or I would surely be arrested for just because he is rich, or he is with the media?
    In Bold: The girl was investigated because they also had probable cause. She was the same height and weight of the person robbing the bank AND she was wearing the SAME clothes that she wore when she robbed the bank. That is pretty convincing. Plus, I think the FBI and other LE would take bank robbery a tad more seriously than a reporter holding up an empty 30 round magazine.

    And, LE does not go out and investigate every single thng they see on You Tube. I think they try to use a bit of common sense and try to weigh what could be real and what is not and then decide if it is even worth looking into.

    I am sure if you are recodrding your self going 10 miles over the speed limit and post it I highly doubt LE will come after you. Now, if you post doing 190 and almost causeing accidents like the mototcycle dude in Canada, then they will come after you.

    As far as holding up a bag of powder and saying it is cocaine...I don't know, how big? 5 lbs or an oz. How credible is it? Is it worth investigating? How do you prove the bag that was being displayed actually has cocaine? If they do not find that bag then it is useless.

    Seriously, this is so minor in the scheme of things.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  9. #23
    Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I don't sweat the small stuff....this is so small in the scheme of things. What gains do we get by him getting prosecutied? More attention on gun laws? Nope, folks want him prosecuted for vengeance, not to help out cause.
    So it's OK for the liberal left wing media to seek out every shooting from every corner of the planet to bolster their anti-gun agenda, but Pro 2A people can't point out their hypocrisy?

    Many little things add up to something big.
    When one needs to build a case, one needs evidence..and as much as possible.

    No. His brandishing a 30 rnd clip is no small thing. But as others have correctly pointed out, it will no doubt be swept under the rug.
    tkruf and Spirit51 like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

    Do what you can; then do what you must

  10. #24
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,804
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Brandishing....a tad over dramatic isn't it. And I wouldn't call it sweeping it under the rug. It just is not a big deal. You want LE to act mostly because you feel the man is a hypocrit, not that he did anything terribly wrong. That is not what justice is about. Get over it. Do you really feel the man should be prosecuted i.e would you support ANYONE being prosecuted for "brandishing" a 30 round MAGAZINE (not clip). If no then why support him being arrested.

    Don't make any sense. Sure, make an example out of this guy and then we have no leg to stand on when we defend gun owners that break the law (like going to NYC with a firearm) because we feel the law is stupid.

    Yeah, set a precedent so that the DA will now have zero tolerance when someone possibly breaks any firearm law that is so minor.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  11. #25
    Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Sure, make an example out of this guy and then we have no leg to stand on when we defend gun owners that break the law (like going to NYC with a firearm) because we feel the law is stupid.
    When someone breaks the law, be it a gun owner or not, yes; they should be arrested. We are a country of laws, not men.

    I maintain he needs to be prosecuted (IF) a crime was committed. If he is not, then we have a great inequality in the application of the law.
    This is slipping further down that slope we all talk about.

    Interesting how Mr. Lapierre is demonized by the 4th estate as a loon, yet there is no real attention paid to another highly public figure.

    I feel prosecuting this idiot bolsters the case for pro 2A people by clearly showing it is NOT the guns that are the problem, but the biased application of laws that currently exist.

    I will however agree to disagree with you and will fight for your (right) to speak your mind freely.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

    Do what you can; then do what you must

  12. #26
    Member Array d2jlking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I've no clue whatsoever about what occurred, but I can think of several ways in which
    no law might have been broken. There may, for all we know, be exemptions for various
    types of stage productions, there could have been a police officer standing nearby and technically
    in possession.

    I'm sure, either way, that the DC prosecutors have far more important matters involving truly dangerous
    people doing truly bad things on their plate
    .
    Yep.....for instance, an American who owns a handgun.

  13. #27
    Member Array d2jlking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Brandishing....a tad over dramatic isn't it. And I wouldn't call it sweeping it under the rug. It just is not a big deal. You want LE to act mostly because you feel the man is a hypocrit, not that he did anything terribly wrong. That is not what justice is about. Get over it. Do you really feel the man should be prosecuted i.e would you support ANYONE being prosecuted for "brandishing" a 30 round MAGAZINE (not clip). If no then why support him being arrested.

    Don't make any sense. Sure, make an example out of this guy and then we have no leg to stand on when we defend gun owners that break the law (like going to NYC with a firearm) because we feel the law is stupid.

    Yeah, set a precedent so that the DA will now have zero tolerance when someone possibly breaks any firearm law that is so minor.
    The whole issue is ridiculous. I think the OP is just trying to point out the hypocrisy of the act. Actually prosecuting would benefit no one.

  14. #28
    VIP Member Array xXxplosive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,678
    I read where NBC asked DC Police for permission to use it as a prop on the show......DC police denied the request......they used it anyway and were in possession of it.........Prosecute Him....IMO.
    If that was us we would already be in jail...............
    msgt/ret and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.

  15. #29
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,804
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    I read where NBC asked DC Police for permission to use it as a prop on the show......DC police denied the request......they used it anyway and were in possession of it.........Prosecute Him....IMO.
    If that was us we would already be in jail...............
    This is a quote from the article:
    David Benowitz, a District defense attorney who handles gun cases in D.C., Maryland and Virginia, said the ammunition charge Gregory could face is a rarely prosecuted misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in prison and a $1,000 fine.
    So, I would hardly say there is favoritism with the "elite" if it is rarely prosecuted. And it is a misdemeanor. And I highly doubt anyone of us would still be in joai or sent to jail for this.

    BTW: I don't give a hoot if he is prosecuted or not.....just find it amusing that folks want him to be so bad and some seem to think it will be good for pro 2A folks.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  16. #30
    Member Array Nebraska12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Omaha Metro
    Posts
    486

    Re: Why is David Gregory not under arrest?

    "Rarely prosecuted"...this kind of eludes to part of the underlying cause to what we are dealing with here. How can they place further restriction, pass bans, and blame guns for the issue when they don't enforce current laws? How do they know they wouldn't work as is? How can they continue to blame and take rights away.from law abiding citizens when they are partially at fault?

    This is one of the angles I thought LaPierre should have exploited during the interview - Don't blame us for the Gov.'s failure. Don't blame us because we supported the NICS system and you failed to run it efficiently. Perhaps we wouldn't be in this position if there weren't such failure at the enforcement of current law and/or policy.

    Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    suntzu, Hopyard, luvmy40 and 2 others like this.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

arrest david gregory

,

david gregory

,

david gregory arrest

,

david gregory arrested

,
david gregory gun clip
,

david gregory not arrested

,
dc police report on david gregrory of nbc 01/01/2013
,
is david gregory going to be arrested
,
is david gregory going to be arrested?
,
why is david gregory not being charged
,

why was david gregory not arrested

,
why wasnt david gregory arrested
Click on a term to search for related topics.