Why is David Gregory not under arrest? - Page 4

Why is David Gregory not under arrest?

This is a discussion on Why is David Gregory not under arrest? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Saying that this journalist should be thrown in jail is a waste of time. No one in DC should be thrown in jail for possessing ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Why is David Gregory not under arrest?

Saying that this journalist should be thrown in jail is a waste of time. No one in DC should be thrown in jail for possessing something like that, not even this toolbag. I think we should be focusing on the fact that the magazine in his hands was completely harmless (physically, anyway) and should be legal for all to own, period. Saying he should be thrown in jail is to turn the corrupt, stupid system against someone we don't like. This is the exact opposite of what needs to be the real goal...getting rid of the entire unconstitutional, immoral gun control apparatus.

DC ignorance not withstanding as far as Im concerned he has every right to have that clip put it in a gun and carry it just like the rest of us

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    David Gregory Is Under Police Investigation Over Gun Magazine On 'Meet The Press'

David Gregory Under Police Investigation Over Gun Magazine On 'Meet The Press'
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

This should be him.

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

They won't turn on one of their own
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by shadow247 View Post
    It will come out that it was a movie-prop or had been rendered non-operational. Which of course is probably BS but there you have it.
    My thoughts completely. I think the only thing the morons would NOT believe is if they tried to pass it off as a PEZ dispenser.
    Hopyard likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    With NBCs penchant for adding explosives to Chevy pickups when they did not blow up as they reported or selectively editing a tape to accuse someone of being racist ignoring gun laws to sensationalize a story does not surprise me.
    Spirit51 and Rock and Glock like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Moderator
    Come on people... its not "fo" or "foe" it's "faux" meaning fake.

A "faux" magazine would mean that it is fake.

It's no wonder we are getting our tails kicked when it comes to discussion of "assault weapons" and magazines. Any one choosing to surf gun sites for info might think we are all a bunch of toothless rednecks with 5th grade educations.

and..while we are on it...they (D.C.) would have to prove that that magazine wasnt legally owned before they passed a law against it. I think the burden of guilt is on the state to prove...but it is D.C,. an entity unlike any other in the United States so all bets are off on that one.
    suntzu, Hopyard, bklynboy and 1 others like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    This is a quote from the article: David Benowitz, a District defense attorney who handles gun cases in D.C., Maryland and Virginia, said the ammunition charge Gregory could face is a rarely prosecuted misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in prison and a $1,000 fine.
    Rarely prosecuted? Read some of Emily Miller's storied in the Washington Times about the number of times otherwise innocent individuals have been prosecuted for this in the last couple years. It will get your blood boiling. She is a one-women crusade to force DC to acknowledge the constitution.

MILLER: D.C. arrests vet for unregistered ammunition (part 1) - Washington Times

That being said, this should be spun as a demonstration of how absurd DC laws are, rather then spun as a "you punish us, why not him". Nobody should be punished for this "crime".

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    Rarely prosecuted? Read some of Emily Miller's storied in the Washington Times about the number of times otherwise innocent individuals have been prosecuted for this in the last couple years. It will get your blood boiling. She is a one-women crusade to force DC to acknowledge the constitution.

MILLER: D.C. arrests vet for unregistered ammunition (part 1) - Washington Times
    Dude, I never said never happens...I quoted a defense attorney who said it. And you seem to be forgetting that the folks mentioned in the article (3 I beleive) were caught with the material with them. Mr. Gregory had it on TV and I doubt police on duty were watching the show at the time.

And if you read the stories, two of them were for firearms AND ammuniton. Most likely like a lot of arrest they will bring a mulitude of charges against you. So i don't see your example of where there is a plethora of arrests AND prosecutions against people soley for having a 30 round magazine.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

sorry, didn't mean to imply that you were claiming it was rarely prosecuted, instead of the lawyer. The REPLY WITH QUOTE kind of messed up.

I just meant to say that DC gun laws are just seriously messed up, and the DC police are very ready to enforce them. The DA says that gun laws are just there to stack the charges on a criminal, but the reality is they go after innocent civilians, and screw up their lives. There were 594 arrests for unregistered ammunition in 2011, according to MPD, and 64 of those were the top charge (as in 64 individuals charged solely for having "unregistered ammunition".

Can't own ammo if you don't have a registered gun that fits it is just one example. Seriously, 12 months in jail for owning a 9mm round if you don't own handgun?

From Emily's article: "The D.C. attorney general’s spokesman, Ted Gest, told me that prosecution for unregistered ammunition is common."

I don't know what the arrest specifics are for 30 rd magazines, but with the type of record the DC police have, I am sure it happens. If they arrest you for just for having an "unregistered bullet", then they will surely arrest you for a 30 rd magazine.

The problem is that we should be using this as an example of how absurd these laws are, instead of advocating enforcing them (even if it is on 2A detractor).

Why is David Gregory not under arrest?

Why. ? They are the elite. His kids go to the same school as Obamas. The one with armed guards. They appear to be under a different set if laws
    msgt/ret likes this.

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    Some folks here don't understand that all the animals in the Barnyard are equal

And that some are more Equal than the others.

Jungle Work
    Doghandler likes this.
    Graduate: University of South Vietnam-
    School of Jungle Warfare

CURRAHEE My Brothers In Blood

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    The problem is that we should be using this as an example of how absurd these laws are, instead of advocating enforcing them (even if it is on 2A detractor).
    I disagree. We absolutely must enforce laws like this, as painfully as possible. Especially when that pain is directed at advocates of the law. That's the only way laws like this get repealed.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links