Why is David Gregory not under arrest?

This is a discussion on Why is David Gregory not under arrest? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The NRA and the SAF should take up Gregory's cause and represent him to show how assinine and restrictive the DC laws are. If it ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Why is David Gregory not under arrest?

The NRA and the SAF should take up Gregory's cause and represent him to show how assinine and restrictive the DC laws are. If it were one of us, we'd be screaming for the same. At the least, a public statement should be made in support of the right of Gregory to possess the magazine even if we don't agree with his position.
    Hopyard and Kilowatt3 like this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

2. Remove Ads

Why is David Gregory not under arrest?

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    I have not read any of the 75 comments on this, but I hope the answere to your question is:
    "Any law that prohibits the use of a peice of metal or plastic and a spring from exsisting in any environment does not deserve to be upheld. Instead it needs to be repealed."
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    A very articulate response and since I amnot a lawyer I will not refute the legalities of how a person can be arrested. But you don't want Greory arrested for justice, or because it is the right thing to do. He want it done for vengeance and for hate. Your last paragrapgh sums it up nicely (which I put in bold).

What on earth does the fact that he is an anti and his kids go to the same school as Obama has to do with justice? It has zero to do with justice. Remember that statue? The lady blindfolded.....justice suppose to be blind. My my my, how soon we forget how most folks in this forum thought the nurse and marine that got caught carrying in NYC should not be punished.

You want him arrested because you don't like him. If it were a Marine, soldier, or an ordinary CC holder you would be singing a different tune as well as almost everyone else in this forum. Or are you going to try to ocnvince me that you would be pushng for the arrest of anyone.
    I know what I think .... and I have little reservation about voicing it. NO.... it's not "hate" ... that's entirely BS. You have no clue what I think, have made numerous bad assumptions not only here, but in other threads as well .... and not only at me, but many others as well. I don't have any reservations about what I think and believe, and don't need you 're-interpreting' them in the light you want to put them in , and twisting them into things never said nor implied.

I have worked in the legal system, and for some years, and what I dont' like .... is a different set of rules.... for anyone, period. The laws apply to everyone equally. If it was a CC holder , I would be saying how you should have read the laws, known better, and not done something so stupid.

In the meantime.... Gregory and NBC KNEW it was illegal, and did it anyway. If that's not flaunting the law, I don't know what is. If you have a CC rally in DC... and everyone is holding up a 30 rd mag, I would expect all of them to get the same "treatment" as Dick Gregory, or vice versa. Because whether you like it or not.... this country "is" founded on equal justice and treatment under the law. It applies "equally" to everyone. You don't chose "who to apply it too", based upon their political stance, nor their job, nor anything else.

The point on the school is.... he's a hypocrite... while questioning and challenging someone that it's even practical to put armed guards in schools, he sure makes sure his are attending schools with armed guards. But, I have this doubt that you even watched the interview.

My grandkids go to public schools... and there are armed SO's in all of them..... so the sarcasism he shows about the subject, also shows his stupidity about it and that not only are there public schools that have armed guards, but allow CC (such as here) or even allow Teachers to CC at school (Utah and Texas that I know of). So how practical is it , per Dick Gregory's question... totally... and sometime his research staff might provide him with that information so he doesn't make a complete fool of himself on TV, ........ but oh..... he's just pushing an agenda anyway, so facts only get in the way of the message.

You seem to be the mostly "generalizing" ... and "stereotyping" people ..... and don't have a clue what they think, and I'm not sure you care ..... as your objective just seems to be to stir things up .... ... typically aiming your comments AT them, rather than to the subject. Why not try making your point of view known on the subject at hand, and why you think it's sound, and stand on your own two feet.... rather than jabbing at other people senselessly with distorted and fabricated comments like your one to me.
    Last edited by Eagleks; January 1st, 2013 at 07:14 AM.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I know what I think .... and I have little reservation about voicing it. NO.... it's not "hate" ... that's entirely BS. I have worked in the legal system, and for some years, and what I dont' like .... is a different set of rules.... for anyone, period. The laws apply to everyone equally. If it was a CC holder , I would be saying how you should have read the laws, known better, and not done something so stupid.

In the meantime.... Gregory and NBC KNEW it was illegal, and did it anyway. If that's not flaunting the law, I don't know what is. If you have a CC rally in DC... and everyone is holding up a 30 rd mag, I would expect all of them to get the same "treatment" as Dick Gregory, or vice versa. Because whether you like it or not.... this country "is" founded on equal justice and treatment under the law. It applies "equally" to everyone. You don't chose "who to apply it too", based upon their political stance, nor their job, nor anything else.

The point on the school is.... he's a hypocrite... while questioning and challenging someone that it's even practical to put armed guards in schools, he sure makes sure his are attending schools with armed guards. But, I have this doubt that you even watched the interview.

My grandkids go to public schools... and there are armed SO's in all of them..... so the sarcasism he shows about the subject, also shows his stupidity about it and that not only are there public schools that have armed guards, but allow CC (such as here) or even allow Teachers to CC at school (Utah and Texas that I know of). So how practical is it , per Dick Gregory's question... totally... and sometimes your research staff might provide him with that information, but oh..... he's just pushing an agenda anyway.

You seem to be the mostly "generalizing" ... and "stereotyping" people ..... and don't have a clue what they think, and I'm not sure you care ..... as your objective just seems to be to stir things up .... ... typically aiming your comments AT them, rather than to the subject.

You have no clue what I think, have made numerous bad assumptions not only here, but in other threads as well .... and not at me, but many others as well. I don't have any reservations about what I think and believe, and don't need you 're-interpreting' them in the light you want to put them in , and twisting them into things never said nor implied.
    Yes, I saw the interview. Anyway. I can only go by your reply to get a feeling for how you feel. Don't know why you keep bringing up him being a hyporcrit. Just don't see how in the world that is releveant to a LEO seeing an action and arresting someone. Maybe the judge can be swayed by hypocrisy when sentencing....but not the LEO when arresting.

Many people who are "famous" do get arrested. Folks here make it sound like every single person that has a name get by without getting punished which simply is not true. Do you want me go down the list of name of folks that have been arrested for domestic viomence, DUI's, and other crimes that are famous. It does happen. In fact as far as the legal system it seems that just as many unknown folks get by with murder and other crimes all the time just because they have a good lawyer, not just the Gregory's of this world.

I am not stereotyping you and if you feel like that well.....nothing I can really do about it.

And I think it is a poor analogy to compare Gregory and a rally in DC. In DC you would have a police presecence and they would be able to see and examine the magazines and then make an arrest. That is a world of difference than Gregory displaying this on TV. As it has been mentioned before, the police are investigating it. But, I don't think that the possible crime is severe enough to warrant an arrest based on a video. He is not a mass murderer abuot to flee the country.

I would apologize for what you think I feel about you but I won't. I wasn't generalizing you or steereotypingyin you with anyone. Happy New Year!
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Only responding to the notion that he should be arrested. In many instances an officer can't make
    an arrest for a misdemeanor unless it was actually witnessed by the officer. I have no clue if that is DC law or not.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Remember folks "all pigs are equal, just some are more equal". Gregory is just one of the "more equal" elites.
    Welcome to Animal Farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    The NRA and the SAF should take up Gregory's cause and represent him to show how assinine and restrictive the DC laws are. If it were one of us, we'd be screaming for the same. At the least, a public statement should be made in support of the right of Gregory to possess the magazine even if we don't agree with his position.
    This is the best idea I've seen yet on the topic!

BTW - For all the talk about this being a misdemeanor, if the stories are true that NBC sought permission to possess and display the mag, then unless Gregory was the ONLY person involved (i.e., he personally made the call, obtained the mag, brought it to the studio, etc.) it was a conspiracy. And in most jurisdictions, conspiracy to commit a misdemeanor is a felony. FWIW

Regards,
    Jim

Emily Miller from the Washington Times has picked up the story:

MILLER: If you

Of interest, there were 105 prosecutions last year in DC for "large capacity magazines". That doesn't really sound like a "seldom prosecuted crime to me".

It is a good read.
    Doghandler likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links