Why is David Gregory not under arrest?

This is a discussion on Why is David Gregory not under arrest? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From DC gun laws... (b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Why is David Gregory not under arrest?

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

From DC gun laws...

(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm.
    Police investigating David Gregory for displaying illegal gun clip on-air - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Oh the hypocrisy.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    If they follow protocol, the laws don't apply to the elites. They are in place for the common folk like you and me.

DC police say they are investigating. Don't hold your breath waiting for the arrest.

It will come out that it was a movie-prop or had been rendered non-operational. Which of course is probably BS but there you have it.
    darbo, mook012, Spirit51 and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Whether it was a prop, woodcarving, or whatever, if the police can't find it, there would be no evidence substantiating any charge.
    Spirit51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I thought we all disliked DC's draconian, repressive gun laws.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Why is this so important? Why don't we stay focused on the issues and not get ourselves overwhlemed or distracted with little mundane and unimportant minucea that has zero bearing on what anti gun legislation might be passed.

This is like fretting over someones post on an internet forum. I put this on the same irritation level I have when there is 2 sheet of toilet paper left and I have to go get some more.
    Crowman, wmhawth, boatman and 1 others like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I just don't understand how someone can display a banned magazine, and then talk about it's "evilness." He's in possession of the very thing that he's harping against. Typical liberal media hypocrisy. I hope they nail him quite frankly.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

VIP Member
    I've no clue whatsoever about what occurred, but I can think of several ways in which
    no law might have been broken. There may, for all we know, be exemptions for various
    types of stage productions, there could have been a police officer standing nearby and technically
    in possession.

I'm sure, either way, that the DC prosecutors have far more important matters involving truly dangerous
    people doing truly bad things on their plate.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    How come the media isn't all over this?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    ......I'm sure, either way, that the DC prosecutors have far more important matters involving truly dangerous
    people doing truly bad things on their plate.

Yeah....like plotting ways to keep the local population from getting firearms legally.....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Whether it was a prop, woodcarving, or whatever, if the police can't find it, there would be no evidence substantiating any charge.
    How about video footage?
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    How about video footage?
    You are kidding right.....prosecuting someone from a video. And you could tell with 100 percent certainty that what he claimed he had was a true functional authentic magazine
    Anubis and Hopyard like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Not only that.... speaking of hypocritical... David Gregory also sends his kids to a school that has not one, but 11 armed guards. But yet he was so rude and kept interrupting Wayne LaPierre trying to force him to concede that there had to be another way besides putting armed guards in the schools. What a hypocrite. I hope they do nail him to his own cross.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You are kidding right.....prosecuting someone from a video. And you could tell with 100 percent certainty that what he claimed he had was a true functional authentic magazine
    No I'm not kidding. He presented it "as a true functioning high capacity magazine". He didn't let the viewing audience know that for purposes of the interview, that it was a "non-functioning prop" did he? No. So therefore, he held it up presenting it as what he claimed it to be. "Fully functioning". Which leaves him in possession of an illegal item within the D.C. district, and video footage to prove it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links