Contact Your Elected Officials ASAP -- Do Not Wait

This is a discussion on Contact Your Elected Officials ASAP -- Do Not Wait within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Time For All of Us to Act Truthfully the time was “yesterday”. Maybe to was our mistake by allowing some of the so called “reasonable” ...

Thread: Contact Your Elected Officials ASAP -- Do Not Wait

Contact Your Elected Officials ASAP -- Do Not Wait

Time For All of Us to Act

Truthfully the time was “yesterday”. Maybe to was our mistake by allowing some of the so called “reasonable” infringement laws in the past. However that is water under the bridge. We now have to stand firm and totally united in pursuit of stopping any further ban on certain type weapons. We have to stop falling into(agreeing) with the anti gun rhetoric questions that are designed to make 2nd amendment advocates as coming across as evil we do not give the answer they want. There has been many posts on this forum that have sent us to sites where the anti gun rhetoric is refuted. Via this information there is plenty of information to assist you in getting your point across.

Our biggest task now is to win back the senators and congresspersons that are advocates of the 2nd amendment that have started to spout the anti gun rhetoric that there is no “need” for certain type weapons. We also have to try to sway those elected officials that are on the border and even those that want such a ban. Also even if your elected officials are on(or not) board contact them anyway. Do not fall into “it does not pay to contact them”. We can not leave any “stone” unturned.

I suggest when contacting your elected officials do so by firstly being cordial. Use solid valid statements of fact, stay focused on topic, do not resort to attacking the anti gun organizations and no name calling. Keep in mind when you contact your elected officials in most cases you will dealing with one of their aides when you either do it via phone or in writing(email, regular mail, etc.) They then supply the information to the elected official from their perspective. Attempt to get your point across in as little space/time as possible. No one wants to read pages and pages or listen to a persons view point for hours. These people deal with many email/phone calls daily.

One thing that may help with this endeavor is if some members post some suggestions on what to say/write to elected officials. This will help those that find it difficult to articulate.

Again, the time has come since it is highly likely if the ban on certain weapons goes through it will permanent in nature. Contact them ASAP.......

To find contact information to call, e-mail, or mail U.S. state and federal elected officials and government agencies......

Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

I know how the Dumbocrat that got reelected again from down here will vote and there isn't any amount of writing in will change his mind since he stated he doesn't think we should have access to Machineguns,he is not only clueless but will sign on to ban Mags over 10 rounds and even ban the actual Firearms themselves
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I know how the Dumbocrat that got reelected again from down here will vote and there isn't any amount of writing in will change his mind
    I'm in the same boat but still I write...
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I've got representativest that based upon past action, I predict will fall on both sides of this issue. They all got letters last week letting them know how I feel about this issue. I kept the letter brief and focused on the following points: my opposition to any sort of ban because it would be ineffective and only abridge the law abiding, the need to eliminate gun free zones, recognizing that the behavior of criminals and lunatics won't be directly curtailed by legislation, and the need to focus on mental health issues and how to keep weapons out of the hands of people who should not have them while fixing the problem of a lack of means and process to get off of the 'no guns for you' list.

Links