Cuomo Calls Gun Confiscation "An Option"

This is a discussion on Cuomo Calls Gun Confiscation "An Option" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just wonder how the libtard politicians who want to take away our 2A rights would react to someone saying their "speech should be censored ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Cuomo Calls Gun Confiscation "An Option"

I just wonder how the libtard politicians who want to take away our 2A rights would react to someone saying their "speech should be censored so as not to stir up the masses of gun owners"! They'd all scream bloody murder about trying to abridge their 1A right! Or how about reinstituting a poll tax on voters, or property ownership requirements? The liberals would scream and holler about "their constitutional rights" then. They like to "pick and choose" the "rights" they support! Not the consitution as written and the added ammendments!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

2. Remove Ads

Tell Mr. Cuomo to start with his armed guards weapons first. After all, aren't all guns bad for society???

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Really?

The Civil War
    The 6 day war
    WW I
    WW II
    Iraq
    Revolutionary war

What planet are you from?

Miss Universe wants world peace and to end hunger. Sounds nice. Pure rhetoric and will not happen either.
    Hang on. I said that in our society (here in the USA, in the 21st century) violence is not an acceptable way of solving problems.
    You then posted about 4 international wars, our revolutionary war, and the civil war. The latter 2 are germane to the
    question of suitability of violence to solve problems. However, both had huge huge costs associated with them.

It is still my understanding that our moderators maintain a policy that advocacy of illegal activities is not permissible.
    An illegal act is what was advocated in post 8. I would suggest that instead of talking fantasy resistance through violence,
    folks who are serious about keeping their gun rights should be talking about the innumerable ways that a confiscation law
    could be thwarted in the legislature or in the courts, or in the court of public opinion.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    Risk gun violence in an attempt to curtail gun violence? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
    I thought folks here want to be known as law abiding citizens. Think a little about the harm comments like the above
    do when the anti-folks get a hold of them.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

It's ok Hop, I don't think he got descriptive enough to make all of those assumptions. But, yes, people need to conduct themselves civilly in these ...awkward times. Although, when it comes to tyranny, I'm not sure why the masses would act any different than our American ancestors. We didn't become the country we are by rolling over and accepting unreasonable totality.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Politicians easily forget that their only job is to represent the people of their constituency and nothing more. Instead, they try to further party agendas, and push for personal interest, or strangthen government power over the people.
    elmacgyver0 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    Is this what the U.S. is coming to? Politicians ignoring constitutional rights? Confiscation of private property from lawful citizens? treatment of innocent law abiding citizens as criminals?

Countless soldiers have given their lives protecting this country and the constitution and these clueless excuses of American pretenders are making those sacrifices worthless.
    Yep!!

It is sad that it has come to this. The very idea that the government could come and confiscate the weapons of law-abiding Americans is outrageous to me. As for the "pry em from my cold dead hands" mentality. Well, I won't say what my course of action would be if I was placed in the situation of having authorities show up to confiscate my guns. I do think that expressing sentiments like that doesn't help our situation. I also think that there is a definite thread of reality running through statements like that. Our nation was founded through armed rebellion, I wouldn't be at all shocked if authorities seeking to confiscate guns met armed resistance.
    Last edited by d2jlking; December 26th, 2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling

I'd support gun confiscation...from the criminals!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    define criminal? or in another words what is the definition of if

The framers of the Constitution & Bill of Rights understood that a law-abiding armed citizen poses no threat to other law-abiding citizens. It's time we collectively remind our politicians.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    When firearms possession becomes a crime, we will be criminals.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

RAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    In our society, violence or the threat of it is never an acceptable way of solving problems.
    Use of superlatives will get you into trouble almost every time. Sometimes in our society violence and/or the threat of it is the only way of solving a problem. Talk to LEOs or people who suffer a break in by armed criminals.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post
    Use of superlatives will get you into trouble almost every time. Sometimes in our society violence and/or the threat of it is the only way of solving a problem. Talk to LEOs or people who suffer a break in by armed criminals.
    Duh, context counts.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Cuomo Calls Gun Confiscation "An Option"

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    define criminal? or in another words what is the definition of if
    Don't worry it's just jargon.

The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links