Cuomo Calls Gun Confiscation "An Option"

This is a discussion on Cuomo Calls Gun Confiscation "An Option" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/ny...nth.html?_r=3& "In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Cuomo Calls Gun Confiscation "An Option"

VIP Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/ny...nth.html?_r=3&

"In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”
    pir8fan likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    “I don’t think legitimate sportsmen are going to say, ‘I need an assault weapon to go hunting,’ ” he said. At the same time, he noted that he owns a shotgun that he has used for hunting, and said, “There is a balance here — I understand the rights of gun owners; I understand the rights of hunters.”
    Just another politician with no understanding of the Second Amendment and trying to blame the tool for the actions of a madman.
    oneshot and 84160 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    He will kick a Constitutional hornet's nest.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

He should be arrested for civil rights violations if he does.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

Someone needs to remind him of his oath of office...and hopefully the NY AG is awake and paying attention. If he tries it, he should be thrown in jail.
    mg27, ccw9mm and peckman28 like this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Is this what the U.S. is coming to? Politicians ignoring constitutional rights? Confiscation of private property from lawful citizens? treatment of innocent law abiding citizens as criminals?

Countless soldiers have given their lives protecting this country and the constitution and these clueless excuses of American pretenders are making those sacrifices worthless.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I wonder if the Journal News posted Cuomo's address as a license holder????????
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I wonder how given the recent outing of permit holders new owners are going to react to long gun permits? How will Cuomo react to being outed? DR

VIP Member
    Sadly, comments as yours make the outcome more likely. Are your really feeling so oppressed and unhappy in your
    life that you would give it up over one issue within our policy universe?

Comments as the above may make nice rhetoric, are good for emotional venting, but do absolutely nothing
    to prevent an undesirable turn of events--- they enhance the risk of such.

In our society, violence or the threat of it is never an acceptable way of solving problems.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Hey, after all, he's talking about NY here. If they can take away a 16 oz soda, what's to stop them from anything?
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    In our society, violence or the threat of it is never an acceptable way of solving problems.
    Really?

The Civil War
    The 6 day war
    WW I
    WW II
    Iraq
    Revolutionary war

What planet are you from?

Miss Universe wants world peace and to end hunger. Sounds nice. Pure rhetoric and will not happen either.
    Last edited by buckeye .45; December 26th, 2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: quotes deleted message
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

if they attempt confiscation... it will not go well. Consider the violence and the black market that was created with Prohibition... if the government attempts firearms confiscation, there will be violence, and it will be bloody.. sad but true in my opinion.

Sadly, comments as yours make the outcome more likely. Are your really feeling so oppressed and unhappy in your

Comments as the above may make nice rhetoric, are good for emotional venting, but do absolutely nothing

He may have said what he said a little on the immature side, but If thats what it comes to We should have the mind set and let the politicians know we mean business and that we will damn well use whatever means necessary to uphold the 2nd amendment of the constitution! Without it we are not AMERICA and we are susceptible to tyranny.
    Last edited by buckeye .45; December 26th, 2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: quotes deleted message
    Eagleks and 40strapped like this.

VIP Member

No, the unchecked actions of politicians make such outcomes more likely. Someone else said that violence is seldom the answer, but when it is, it is the only answer.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Risk gun violence in an attempt to curtail gun violence? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links