Has our 2nd Amendment become obsolete? - Page 3

Has our 2nd Amendment become obsolete?

This is a discussion on Has our 2nd Amendment become obsolete? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just the mention of favoritism toward one religion when referencing the constitution can trigger a heated debate. That's why it's not allowed to be discussed ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Has our 2nd Amendment become obsolete?

Just the mention of favoritism toward one religion when referencing the constitution can trigger a heated debate. That's why it's not allowed to be discussed on most forums including this one.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Well, actually... apparently the Second Amendment is obsolete ... or at least "outdated"
    I read it today in the local paper.

link

Sorry to inform you...

And notice how the first amendment isn't outdated... you saw this on your computer or smart phone or some other electronic device... Amazing... ain't it?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Has our 2nd Amendment become obsolete?

Don't forget these are just basic rights that are affirmed. The argument that it was written at the time of muskets making the 2nd not relevant is flawed.

The argument makes no sense. At the time of the revolution there was parity. Americans at the early times could own the same weapons as the Continental army. In some case the colonialist has rifled muskets vs the British smooth bore

We can own weapons that are over a 100 years old in design and are not state of the art.

Why do we (I) own a gun?

Preservation of freedom... It's my right not be a victim , killed robbed etc. in the last massacre it still took law enforcement 20 minutes to arrive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Happypuppy; December 27th, 2012 at 05:57 PM.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I just submitted a reply to that letter. Let's see if they publish it.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Guess it depends on how much credit you want to give them. The percussion cap (next big step in firearms) would not appear in wide spread use for almost 50 years (1820's)!
    I believe you misunderstood my intent. I wasn't giving credit for their technological achievements, I was giving them credit for having insight as Freemasons to the technology of their time and the foresight to imagine future advancement. These were men who took the historical lessons of Kings, tyrants, warlords and religious leaders and fashioned an entirely new concept of individual freedom and liberty that is as relevant today as it was more than 200 years ago. What has become obsolete and irrelevant is not our Constitution and 2A rights, but rather accountability, responsibility, morality, strength of character, commitment and a steadfast belief in the precepts of God. Our self-serving, self-indulgent, corrupt, egotistical Government could learn a bunch from studying our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Re: Has our 2nd Amendment become obsolete?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I just submitted a reply to that letter. Let's see if they publish it.
    Which letter?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Which letter?
    To the one in your link, oakchas
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.

Hummmm. Interesting subject.

The crucified Jesus... for committing no crime at all.

The lack of morals, and the abundance of criminals, murderers, etc..... have been around since Cain and Able. So have the "crazy" and the delusional.

California..... as anti-gun as they are .... have some of the highest numbers ever of any state for serial murderers.... and have held that "award" for a long time. Yet, leave their citizens with virtually few options in terms of protecting themselves.

None of that makes much sense to me.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Well, actually... apparently the Second Amendment is obsolete ... or at least "outdated"
    I read it today in the local paper.

link

Sorry to inform you...

And notice how the first amendment isn't outdated... you saw this on your computer or smart phone or some other electronic device... Amazing... ain't it?
    The 'Gazette', the newspaper that is referred to in the link above, should simply be disregarded as a news paper, or a source of news at all. Since they censor what's in their paper to fit their agenda, that newspaper is no more a valid news source then the National Enquirer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    California..... as anti-gun as they are .... have some of the highest numbers ever of any state for serial murderers.... and have held that "award" for a long time.
    per capita?
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links