Feinsteins proposed 2013 AWB

This is a discussion on Feinsteins proposed 2013 AWB within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by CLASS3NH We have the fightof our lives with this one coming No, they do....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Feinsteins proposed 2013 AWB

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    We have the fightof our lives with this one coming
    No, they do.
    Cbuffett556 and oneshot like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    That would require a 200$ transfer "tax" for each weapon registered.

So if you have an AR,AK or several of each like I do, sure...you can register and keep it as long as you pay a 200 Tax on each one.

That is the NFA. Every article under NFA jurisdiction requires a tax, so don't think it wont be there.
    She just conveniently forgot to mention that.
    This is how disarmament of the law abiding public will be done. Make it prohibitively expensive to retain the weapon. Couple that with a gubbermint "buy back" if you can't afford to keep the guns. Akin to Obamacare's "tax" for not acquiring health insurance (thank you John Roberts).

People, send letters to your reps. Don't think this will just "fade away." It won't.

One other observation: J'ever notice how many of these proposals have the unintended consequence of impacting the middle class? The relatively wealthy would still be able to keep their arms if they choose. Man, this stuff isn't rocket science but I'm amazed at how monumentally short-sighted our elected officials are....

Feinstein's shooting for the moon here, this will never pass as proposed.

.”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”
    ~George Washington
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    She knows that. Why do you think she "stacked" the deck with so much?? She set it up so she can get Congress to compromise and bing bang you end up with a permanent law that can be added to down the road. Make no mistake any such bill will not be temporary.

This is going to be one tough fight to get the whole bill shot down. A compromised bill will be the begining of the end of the 2nd amendment rights as we know it.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I have already sent letters to my senators, if we aren't writing our senators and representatives in DC, shame on us! This Feinstein bill is onerous!!! Please don't believe for a minute that just because someone has an "A" rating from the NRA that they will support the 2A, we've seen what that got us with the senator from West Virginia!
    TX expat and Darrow75 like this.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    Like the Affordable Care Act? Four years ago that was Obama's "crazy talk."
    TX expat likes this.

Plenty of barf bags!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr_fail View Post
    i wonder what her armed contingent carries...

Distinguished Member

Re: Feinsteins proposed 2013 AWB

I wish she would get abducted by aliens. Or cholesterol would win.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    Flashback: Sen. Dianne Feinstein Has Conceal Carry Permit

This is what bugs me the most! While she has a security detail and a CCW She votes constantly to deprive others of there rights to self defense!
    DR, you should be dinged for posting that without a photo warning. I know that the press put the story together. But I don't understand the author's quoting Feinstein on the terrorist group that she says targeted her and on terrorism:
    Later the same group shot out all the windows of my home and I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me. Now having said all of that, that was period of time ago and I’ve watched through these 20 years as terrorism has increased both on the far extremist left and the far extremist right in this country."
    So is she saying that more guns equal more terrorism and AWB = less?
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

VIP Member
    Feinstein knows this will not pass as proposed. She doesn't really want it to pass as proposed. What she wants is to be able to look as if she is compromising as the 1994 AWB is put back into place but slightly more restrictive. The 1 feature and not looking at flash hiders or bayonet lugs is telling. Soon the Saiga is how all of our black rifles will appear. We'll still be able to buy semi auto rifles, but they will not have pistol grips, they'll have 10 round magazines, and will perform worse than a firearm that was purpose built to resemble a 1940s rifle. When the next mass shooting happens she'll be back in front of the cameras telling anyone that will listen that she knew we didn't go far enough, and that's where the NFA style registration will take place.

For those saying there aren't enough votes, I wouldn't be so confident. The Dems will likely toe the party line in the Senate which will move some AWB to the House. The GOP caucus is coming apart in the House and in a split some of them are likely to vote with the Democrats just to try to prove a point to the other Republicans. It won't take many deciding to show their displeasure with the hardliners to get it through. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but it could happen.

If the vote were held today I'd say we're looking at about 75/25 that is passes. Since it won't be considered until the new Congress is in place we have another couple of weeks. Each minute that passes helps our side so I'm guessing about 60/40 that the House can kill it, but that is best case scenario.
    rigel42 likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Does anyone have a link to the full text of the proposed bill - you know, the one that is pages, upon pages long?

The passage of this proposed bill will depend upon the altitude of pork...when pigs fly.IMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by nkanofolives View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the full text of the proposed bill - you know, the one that is pages, upon pages long?
    Actually, it is not yet written or at least completed, according to Feinstein's office. I spoke to them a while ago in preparation for this column:

Handguns, rifles, magazines; Sen. Feinstein wants them all

A sweeping proposal that would ban 120 specific firearms and “certain other” rifles, handguns and shotguns, plus thumbhole rifle stocks and force the registration of pre-ban semiautomatic rifles under the National Firearms Act has been unveiled by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and ignited a fury across gun rights Internet forums.

Handguns, rifles, magazines; Sen. Feinstein wants them all - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    rigel42 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Isn't it amazing how efficient Washington is when its working on something that it really wants to accomplish?
    What Washington is really efficient at is passing legislation that has no effect on the problem!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links