This is a discussion on Feinsteins proposed 2013 AWB within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation: Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of: - 120 specifically-named firearms - Certain other semiautomatic rifles, ...
Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:
Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
- 120 specifically-named firearms
- Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
- Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
- Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans
Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
- Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes
- Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
Assault Weapons - Issues - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein
Last edited by Harvester; December 26th, 2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Because I can!!
USMC Shooting Team
Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
Texas CHL since 1996.
Iraq 2004 to 2011.
Afghanistan 2012 to present.
I wonder what her armed contingent carries...
I did some research on the length of time it was between when the 1994 ban was signed by Congress and went into effect. I did not like what I found out;
"The 1994 ban was passed by Congress on September 13, 1994, and was signed into law by President Bill Clinton the same day."
ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL
Friend of Bill
Yeah all that is going to happen. Even if it passes half of it isnt enforcable and she knows it. Just a jump on the band wagon politician making headlines.
Those thumbhole stocks are the real problem............... Me thinks her backside is her thumb hole and that's why she's against it. :)
BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
Si vis pacem, para bellum
NRA Life Member
Wow. She needs to be thrown out of office for failing to uphold her oath. Seriously.
That would require a 200$ transfer "tax" for each weapon registered.Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
So if you have an AR,AK or several of each like I do, sure...you can register and keep it as long as you pay a 200 Tax on each one.
That is the NFA. Every article under NFA jurisdiction requires a tax, so don't think it wont be there.
She just conveniently forgot to mention that.
The government is all about legalized thievery. Right now they cant stand the fact that the biggest untapped reserve of money in the United States is your 401K program.As we sleep, they are figuring out a way to legally steal that.Dont worry...its coming. Why do you think that they want your guns?
Oh they get at ur 401K when u start receiving ur payments. They got their hands in everything. This NFA tax is just a way to make revenue for the government. Everything is abt money in the end.