Rebuttal to Senator Feinstein's Assault Weapons Ban - "Grandfathered Weapons" - Page 2

Rebuttal to Senator Feinstein's Assault Weapons Ban - "Grandfathered Weapons"

This is a discussion on Rebuttal to Senator Feinstein's Assault Weapons Ban - "Grandfathered Weapons" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Assault Weapons Ban 2013 - YouTube...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Rebuttal to Senator Feinstein's Assault Weapons Ban - "Grandfathered Weapons"

In 1993-94 I was deployed so I missed all of the AWB crap in the news, and the only gun I had was a .38 revolver, so I didn't get to hyped up over it. I remember a few friends that thought nothing would happen, too.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Im done worrying about this, If they wanna fight lets fight.. sounds immature? Well I think not to fight is immature.. Band together like your fighting terror because we are. Mike

I just wrote to my Oregon representative. Easy to do from their contact page.

As a law abiding citizen of State of Oregon, I wanted to write to you today to voice my opposition to any additional weapons ban, especially the proposed bill that Senator Feinstein is supporting. Besides owning a gun for self-protection, I also participate in Practical Sport Shooting (IPSC) an international support with thousands of participants. I would invite you, or any other representatives, to attend one of the many local matches and talk to the many law abiding citizens that participate on a weekly basis. The proposed ban would severely effect our sport and serve no purpose to reduce criminal elements. The funny thing about criminals is that they do not obey ANY laws, moral, society or legal. How would a more restrictive ban reduce crime? We need more attention on mental health issues. Thank you for your consideration.
    Rod Gwinn
    Salem OR
    brookl089 likes this.

Maybe we can still make some effort on this petition:
    Do not infringe on my 2nd Amendment Rights

Signed.

NRA-ILA | Write Your Reps

Here is a link that makes it easy to call and write to your senators and representative.

I called mine yesterday and I am going to also write. It only takes a few minutes out of your day. I called everyone during my lunch break.
    NRA Life Member

GOA Member

I must be stupid. When i read this : "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." it seems simple to me. Any gun ban, tax(fee), would be an infringement.

The Bill of Rights were given to the citizen's of the US., to protect our rights for liberty and property. They can not be changed. Are these senators and congressmen that stupid or do they think they can do anything they please?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

Yes and Yes ...:( Don't forget POTUS
    Paymeister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceAsh View Post
    Signed too. Number 11,369

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    As I said in another thread, the nature of many gun owners is that were tend to be conservative, independent, and self-reliant. For this reason we don't "organize" well and tend to move to the end of the human spectrum that says "I'll take care of my own."
    You would be right if this were the only forum on guns & gun owners rights.

There are several groups who keep a VERY low profile. They are organized, well funded, quite intelligent and number far more than most are privy. These groups are quite adept in waging war on several fronts against a belief system fostered by Sen. Feinstein.

If this highly restricted AWB (the wording of which we have not yet seen) gets as far as the high courts; you WILL see these people come out of the woodwork; and they ain't the NRA.

I am convinced like minded people monitor and participate on this particular group; yet are very careful NOT to speak what they know or how they know it.
    KoriBustard likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

I signed the petition too for what it's worth.

More importantly, IMO, I also wrote my senators and representative. Although I think they each will be predictable - my House representative has always been a big gun rights supporter (he promises a personal response to those who live in his district so I should at least hear back from him), my senators are Rubio and Nelson - Nelson voted to extend the original AWB I believe. I'm not expecting any surprises out of any of these guys...

"However, under Feinstein’s new bill, “assault weapons” would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the government."

Is there another source for this bit of info other than NRA-ILA and regurgitation on various message boards? I'm not doubting the veracity but some who are more ambivalent about gun rights will cast doubt on the NRA site as a source, saying it's just fear-mongering. I don't see it detailed in that fashion on the Feinstein AWB summary page. Is there another source I can reference whilst fighting the good fight? Or is this just a conclusion being drawn?

Quote Originally Posted by JMR1138 View Post
    "However, under Feinstein’s new bill, “assault weapons” would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the government."

Is there another source for this bit of info other than NRA-ILA and regurgitation on various message boards? I'm not doubting the veracity but some who are more ambivalent about gun rights will cast doubt on the NRA site as a source, saying it's just fear-mongering. I don't see it detailed in that fashion on the Feinstein AWB summary page. Is there another source I can reference whilst fighting the good fight? Or is this just a conclusion being drawn?
    Sure...try Feinstein's website....Assault Weapons - Issues - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceAsh View Post
    What a neat way for the government to get a list of the people that have firearms so they can go to their house and get them.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links