Our Rights: When Do We Say "ENOUGH"?

This is a discussion on Our Rights: When Do We Say "ENOUGH"? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My question is When do we quit talking about it and do something about it????????????? I see a Civil war in the future, History will ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Our Rights: When Do We Say "ENOUGH"?

My question is When do we quit talking about it and do something about it????????????? I see a Civil war in the future, History will Repeat itself. God Forbid!!!!! The Feds are already going after the States trying to buck the system.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    What is this? Is there some new rule that I have missed on this forum outlawing name calling, childish quips and otherwise malistic rhetoric. :p. Did everybody finally finish their English degree and suddenly discover that dinner is served with two spoons or otherwise mear supper. What happened to the witch hunt?

Gentlemen,

Since I am all thumbs I will keep this short. The distribution of wealth is the key to social stability. Without social stability we are merely the slaves of Mars. It was the ancient Greeks who invented Democracy but it was not until the Enlightenment that we were actually able to harness the intellectual ammo that we needed to paint reality from within the minds of men, by the grace of God but not as slaves of God .

Our leaders will mind their masters. One need not look far in our 21st Century Fascist Democracy to find the corrupt boardroom president who holds the leash. The master has no fear of you or me or We the People.

I have not the inclination to create the plan but I will joyfully indulge in the lighting of the fire that gives power to We the People. We must assume action to take the leash away from the current crop of self indulgent Masters.

The first part of the nutshell has already been defined in a previous post, term limits. The Master can not keep his pet forever. I'd like to throw public campaign financing into the mix as a wealth equalizer, not from a delusional understanding of Commie poetry but as a genuine selfless gesture fomented from my Egalitarian soul.

Of all the absurd things I have ever written I like this one the most.
    I have no idea what you just said, but I think I like it.
    Clodbert likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by MACC12 View Post
    Unfortunately, I have given up on most politicians. Our choices for candidates have been bad and worse. I vote to try and keep the worst (in my opinion anyway) out. They say what the people want to hear and when elected do the complete opposite. Obama said he won't raise taxes on the middle class and now he slowly recanting that statement.

Laws only work if they are upheld. Letting a killer out of jail after 5 years good behavior is absurb.

My father pulled me aside when I was a teenager and said something to me that I really didn't believe at the time but now I wonder. He said, "son I may not see it my lifetime but I bet you will see it in yours. The government is getting to big and there is going to be a revolution in this country." I'm 40 now and it looks bad. I hope it doesn't come to that.
    I have heard that for years from my father as well. And I agree with your statement as well. The system is not working for anyone unless your depending on the government to support you and your family. I'm not in that column of individuals. I also was making more money when Bushy was in office and it was hard to find someone that was NOT working. I have a distaste for Democrats all over. There is a reason their party mascot is a donkey. I was going to make some bumper stickers that said "Don't be an ___! Vote Republican!" Even though politically I'm more on middle ground but ultimately vote a straight republican ticket. This last election if I could have voted I would have wrote in a candidate as I hated Romney and Obama equally. I didn't feel voting for a mormon would have been any better than the communist obama. Mormons creep me out, especially after watching Poltergeist and the old man Cain. I've got goosebumps just thinking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by MADMAC959 View Post
    My question is When do we quit talking about it and do something about it????????????? I see a Civil war in the future, History will Repeat itself. God Forbid!!!!! The Feds are already going after the States trying to buck the system.
    I've been trying to find militias to join but get no response and I think the militias are outdated. I don't think that would be a bad idea to start a militia. Start having meetings with likeminded people. Like the tea party but much much more aggressive.

This is our Oath of Enlistment for the Military.

“I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

I have Stood behind this with a passion during my 20 years of Military Service.
    Hopyard, Doghandler and mano3 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    I've been trying to find militias to join but get no response and I think the militias are outdated. I don't think that would be a bad idea to start a militia. Start having meetings with likeminded people. Like the tea party but much much more aggressive.
    Militias are illegal in 17 states and specific activities of such are illegal in many others.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Our Rights: When Do We Say "ENOUGH"?

What's the beef with donkeys? Even God rides into town on an ass.

This modern militia stuff will never make it past the woods on private property. Here is a good article that was posted over at IowaCarry.org.

In Defense of the Second Amendment
    by Gary North
    http://www.garynorth.com/public/10459.cfm
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    What's the beef with donkeys? Even God rides into town on an ass.

This modern militia stuff will never make it past the woods on private property. Here is a good article that was posted over at IowaCarry.org.

In Defense of the Second Amendment
    by Gary North
    http://www.garynorth.com/public/10459.cfm
    Damn good article. A good historical perspective, and in line with my thoughts on the matter....

But, once we are under-armed, or completely unarmed, what? We are no longer sovereign... We are serfs.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

We should FIRE ALL POLITICIANS,,,, not a dime worth a different between either group,,,,
    both spend to much, appropriate themselves to much special deals, and if a honest man
    gets elected, he is fast corrupted.

Senior Moderator
    The question for the military types is this?

What if the President of the United States starts operating contrary to the Constitution of the United States.

Then what?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    The question for the military types is this?

What if the President of the United States starts operating contrary to the Constitution of the United States.

Then what?
    Yeah, what he said... Then what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

We listen to their drivel

We trust they are tried & true and vote on what they promise us they will do

But once they get on The Hill they just piddle about

And do what-ever they are < . . . . . > to do

All we can do is vote and write letters and send emails and make phone calls and hope as they have sworn too Protect Our Constitutional Rights inclusive and too include the 2A

We the People of these United States of America can only do as much as the hockey fans can do about how the OWNERS have locked out their players

It makes me sick to listen to some of these drone on about how they think WE should lay down our arms?

Please write letters and send emails and make phone calls and maybe they will Protect Our 2A Constitutional Rights

I have and I will so keep on keepin on

I wrote this in another thread but I think it fits in very well here too.

I will not volunteer to give up all or part of any of my Rights. If someone thinks they have the right or authority to take my Rights from me, then they are enemies of the Constitution of the United States. If these enemies believe they have the right to force me to relinquish my Rights, then they should be prepared for me to resist their attacks. They should know that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same. The enemies of the Constitution of the United States should be aware that I do not stand alone. I stand united with all the other protectors of Freedom. If there ever comes a time when one of our protectors is no longer able to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, there will always be another hero who will rise up and become the next protector of Freedom.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I pretty much utilize my 1st Amendment rights.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I think the poor quality of our politicians is due to the same reason most of our food has too much salt. We have subconscious instincts that fool us into making objectively poor choices, and we're not yet wise enough to recognise & overcome those out-of-date urges.

The politician who answers questions honestly will eventually say something you don't like, so the politicians who end up not really answering questions end up winning. We instinctively score 'did not like the answer' as worse than 'the question was not answered'.

And, of course, the political machines are quite happy with a two-party system! It's easy to manipulate people

Really, Would You Let Your Daughter Marry a Democrat?
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links