A letter to Dianne Feinstein

This is a discussion on A letter to Dianne Feinstein within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm going to send a similar letter to my senators and representative. Also to my state congress and even the Attourney General of MO. Issues ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: A letter to Dianne Feinstein

A letter to Dianne Feinstein

I'm going to send a similar letter to my senators and representative. Also to my state congress and even the Attourney General of MO.
    Issues need to be addressed, but limiting guns to the law abiding citizens is not the answer.

...sent from my mind, using telepathy!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The majority of our state and federal elected officials seldom see the letters/e-mails that they receive. Most get a "talking paper" of some type each day prepared by a staff member, in the case of a congressman in my area, that provides a listing of correspondence by subject and selected items high lighted by the staff member that in their opinion is important. If the staff member is anti gun I am quite sure pro gun items are never high lighted. In most cases the representative directs a staff member to provide a reply to the majoriy of his correspondence without him/her ever reading the initial correspondence or the staff members reply. I have sent many e-mails to Senator Nelson of Florida and have received the same answer all type reply each and every time. Never has he answered a single question of mine. Bottom line, IMO, we are being represented by a staff member that is allowed to filter out what he/she does not consider important and our representative is following his own agenda, in most cases, regardless of our input.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Nice letter, if only she would listen to reason but not holding my breath.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    The best way to get her attention is to get her voted out but she has a huge following in her state

Re: A letter to Dianne Feinstein

Can u link her email address

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You should also add that her run registration scheme will instantly create millions of criminals. Very few people, if any, that I know will register their guns. They will rather become felons, and die if necessary, than give up their 2nd Amendment right.

While I think it is a well written letter and I applaud your efforts, I also agree with those that say that you can't use logic and facts to change the minds of emotional people who have their own agenda. Facts and logic have never influenced the anti-gun nutscases who "feel" guns are the root of all evil--unless THEY or THEIR bodyguards own them!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Good letter but to a person who does not care.

Quote Originally Posted by JJVP View Post
    You should also add that her run registration scheme will instantly create millions of criminals. Very few people, if any, that I know will register their guns. They will rather become felons, and die if necessary, than give up their 2nd Amendment right.
    You and your friends will be a minority...

Let me ask you this....

Knock knock on your door, right now.

Policeman, you can see, you even know him... seen him around your town... you open the door... flanking him are two solders you did not see... He says "I've come to get your guns, I don't like it... but I have orders from congress and the president." Would you please take us to the gun safe?"

The soldiers, are upset but wary... and they have their M16s trained on you.

You "understand" you have a choice... you can shut the door... and run to your guns... you can tell them to pound sand... but you are going to get shot, right now, if you don't comply. Now, you may have some guns elsewhere than the safe... even hidden... with ammo.... or not... are you going to take them to the safe, or die right there? right now? No one will ever know what happened... in fact, it may be made out that you were making plans to revolt with several other people who were shot today....

Will it happen in these United States?

Probably not. Actually, I pray it never comes to that...

But your death would be covered up.. and so would the death of thousands of others perhaps.... would rumors spread? sure. would a revolt happen? maybe. maybe not.... and your death at the time would not have improved or changed the fact...

Just wonderin'
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    The best way to get her attention is to get her voted out but she has a huge following in her state
    She does not have a huge following in this state. She only won re-election by a small margin, against a relative unknown. She represents the northern half of the state. She is loved in the San Francisco Bay area, and Feared in the Sacramento area for what she could do to any politician who seriously opposed her. Those two voting blocks have enough votes to keep her in office. From the central valley, North Valley, Eastern Sierra, and all of Northern CA, I dought she gets any support at all. Its like watching the Red and Blue map during the presidential elections, Shes already figured out which county's she needs to secure her a win, and pretty much screws the rest! Shes kept in office mostly by people who owe her. DR

This is what ALL Law Abiding Citizens need to do, GET INVOLVED. Don't ever give up, Don't ever discourage another fellow Law Abiding Citizen because He or She sent a letter to their State Representative or Washington concerning Our Constitutional Rights.

We all need to inform our State Representatives and Washington what we THINK, not what we FEEL and it's easier than ever. Just get online and go to your State Rep Website and write a letter of concern.

This is the time that all good, law abiding citizens, come to the aid of their country...
    Darrow75 and stancehold like this.

Great letter, but it's too bad Ms. Diane couldn't care less.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This thread reminded me to send letters to my senators and congressional rep here in VA. I did 3 paper letters figuring they will at least be added to the pro/anti pile that they receive. I might call their offices too just for good measure. I plan to have family members write letters as well.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    The problem with trying to reason with Fienstien is that she doesnt' care about violence. She has said before, several times, that if she could get enough votes, she would pass a law confiscating all guns in the country. With her it's not about the violence, or even the guns really, it's about what they represent: control and power.
    multistage likes this.
    Walk softly ...

PEF, I fully intend to write my state and national legislators. I just wanted to start with her because of her outspoken position.
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links