A letter to Dianne Feinstein

This is a discussion on A letter to Dianne Feinstein within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The gun-grabbers all know, just like we do, that armed intrusion can be countered only by armed defense and not by gun-control laws and AWBs. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: A letter to Dianne Feinstein

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    The gun-grabbers all know, just like we do, that armed intrusion can be countered only by armed defense and not by gun-control laws and AWBs. They don't care; their goal is eliminate private ownership of firearms.

(Yes I have written the president, my US Senators and Representative, also my state governor, senator, and rep since the local antis are talking a state AWB. I think only 1 of them is going to care about my opinion.)

2. Remove Ads

You know, I watched The Patriot last night, it was the only decent thing on at that time. If you haven't watched that before or haven't seen it in a long time, you should. I'm not saying it's historically accurate or anything, but THAT is what we're coming to in this country. We won't be fighting against Britain or any external government, we're going to be fighting against our own. We're going to be fighting to abolish a tyrannical government that we as a nation allowed to take control.

The problem we have now is that if you look around you, look around at your neighbors, your co-workers, the people you see while you're out running errands, do you think those people are actually willing to sacrifice the lives they have to fight for their freedom? Do you think they'll be willing to fight, literally fight like their lives depended on it, to keep our Constitution and Bill of Rights from being abolished?

Yeah, I don't either. But that's what we're going to be facing in the future at some point. Possibly sooner than any of us realize.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Not my letter. I didn't write it, but I do like it.

No ma'am. - CNN iReport

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
    I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
    Joshua Boston
    Cpl, United States Marine Corps
    2004-2012
    Jim

This video would be worth sharing with her as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooa98FHuaU0&sns=em

Language Caution in comments only...

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Excellent letter, but you can't use logic with an emotion driven individual.
    Emotion driven. I dont think so. Theres only one thing on frankenstiens mind. The only emotion they will show is stomping there feet and crying if they dont get there way.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Emotion driven. I dont think so. Theres only one thing on frankenstiens mind. The only emotion they will show is stomping there feet and crying if they dont get there way.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

I like your letter, thanks for sharing. I modified it a little to fit my audience and then sent it to my Texas legislators, including my US Congressman and Senators as well as the POTUS and VPOTUS.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Got my first letter back from a congressional rep. It's from Morgan Griffith representing the 9th district of Virginia. His letter is encouraging if he acts on what he says. The letter said:

"Thank you for contacting me regarding the right to bear arms and gun control legislation. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

As you know, the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads: "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." While some may disagree, I believe the plain language of this Amendment guarantees the right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms of their choosing. I strongly oppose limitations on the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners. We must not hinder the ability of law-abiding citizens to bear arms.

Please know that I will continue to pay very close attention to the ongoing debate on gun ownership rights. I will not waiver in my convictions on these issues.

I remain

Sincerely yours,

H. Morgan Griffith"

I'm sure it's a form letter done by staff, but at least he seems to be straight up on his opinion on gun rights. Hopefully my senators don't cave in and vote for the other side, but I have my doubts since one of them has been a big Obama supporter all along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

As I stated in my original post, I initially emailed Senator Feinstein while I was on vacation after Christmas. Within a couple of days, I received an email reply from one of her staff members basically stating that since I did not live in her district, my email would not be read by the Senator. After returning from vacation I printed the original email on paper and attached a cover letter. Here is the cover letter:

Senator Feinstein:
    I recently emailed you a letter (see attachment) setting forth my opposition to your proposed new gun ban legislation. Unfortunately, the email reply that I received from your staff stated that since I am not living in your congressional district, my opinion will not count, or even be read.
    I find this position astounding. If your proposed legislation only affected your congressional district, I would have no problem with my voice not being heard. However, you are proposing legislation that will affect ALL 50 states and everyone who lives in one of those states. Therefore the voices of those you propose to affect should, and must be, allowed to enter into the discussion.
    To exclude my voice simply because I cannot vote for you is the height of arrogance. Again, I urge you to read the attached letter and let my voice be heard in this extremely important matter.
    Sincerely,

These letters were sent by USPS on January 14. As of yet, I have received no response to the snail mail.

I then took the original letter to Senator Feinstein and modified it and sent it to my Florida U.S. Representative and two U.S. Senators. Here is that modified letter:

Representative Ross:
    I am writing to encourage you to do all that you can to block Senator Dianne Feinstein’s efforts to pass more gun ban/limiting legislation. While I applaud her efforts to do something to curb the current wave of gun violence that has plagued our country in recent years, I believe her well intentioned efforts are misdirected.
    Criminals, by definition, are law breakers, not law abiders. The existing gun related laws are more than adequate to restrict the illegal efforts of criminals, especially if they are properly enforced. New legislation will not cause criminals to become more law abiding. Instead, new gun laws will only affect those who are already law abiding citizens.
    Punishing law abiding gun owners by making it harder to buy, own, carry, or sell firearms will NOT restrict the ability of criminals to obtain firearms. New gun legislation will only make it more difficult for legal gun owners to enjoy the rights guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution.
    I urge you attempt to get her to focus her efforts more on making sure that criminals are properly punished when they break the law and that those who are in need of counseling receive the help they need, before they commit an act of violence.
    Again, punishing the law abiding will not cause the criminal to become less violent. Please direct your efforts to address the violent, the lawless and the mentally ill in our society.
    Sincerely,

These letters were sent to the three U.S. Congressmen by USPS on January 17. As of yet, I have received no response to the snail mail. I will keep you informed of any responses. In the mean time, I urge ALL gun owners to get involved by writing the U.S. Congressmen/women. We MUST get involved if we are to protect the 2nd Amendment!
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

A for effort, but could you have picked a more def ear and intellect to write to on the subject. I think not.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Administrator

That is probably going to be just about as effective as writing a letter to your lawn mower but, (that having been said) I'm glad that you took the time out to do it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Of course It won't change her mind, but I still feel it's important to let our representatives know where we stand on the issue. Since Sen Feinstein is the one introducing the legislation, and this legislation affects us all, I agree with writing to her to let her know how we feel. If we stand up and state with one voice that we strongly disagree with this, perhaps someone (ie some politicians who will be facing re-election soon) will actually listen. It is already working. Even Dems in the Senate are saying that this has little chance of passing, because they know the American people won't stand for it. If we don't let them know where we stand, how will they know? Our silence would only serve to substantiate some of the politicians' opinions that the average citizen agrees with the idea of chipping away at the 2A. I applaud the OP and all others who are beginning a dialog with our elected officials. We need more of this, not less.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links