Trip To Local Gun Shop,The Panic Buying Is Real

This is a discussion on Trip To Local Gun Shop,The Panic Buying Is Real within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I stopped at the local GS just for fun today. The owners are never that friendly but I just wanted to see if they were ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Trip To Local Gun Shop,The Panic Buying Is Real

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Trip To Local Gun Shop,The Panic Buying Is Real

I stopped at the local GS just for fun today. The owners are never that friendly but I just wanted to see if they were sold out of everything. What is normally a 50' long wall of rifles held about 15 now. Ammo? A bunch of empty space with a few boxes left. In the past,these shelves were packed. The owner did mention business was great but his fear is will he be able to replenish everything. Not a money issue but a supply problem. So,is your local GS getting empty?
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

2. Remove Ads

I haven't been in my LGS lately. After doing a little panic buying myself back in 08, I said never again.
    nerdyvirgin likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Yep. One of our shops stopped taking online orders because they couldn't keep inventory. Our range is sold out of just about everything. Of course, no one can take anything home because background checks are taking days. All rifles and guns are marked with little "sold" signs. Most magazines are gone too, especially any Glock mag that holds more than 10 rounds. It's crazy.

I stopped a couple of places. 223 and 7.62? Forget it. Handgun shelves are almost bare. I noticed alot of holsters are gone too.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Rather than go to the gun store, I reloaded another box of 9mm Maks while I was sitting around. I'm not getting in the middle of that madness.
    varob likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I went by one in Atlanta last week and it was packed to the rafters. The gun counter had people lined up 5 deep. It looked like the hottest night club you have ever seen.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Local Wally World's ammo shelves were bare this morning.

Had some "hunting" rifles and shotguns, nothing close to an AR frame.

J

Senior Moderator
    My LGS were bare a week ago.

This is old news to most of us.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Moderator
    And while we are at it...for those that love the instant background checks....hows that "instant" working for you now?

Can anyone explain to me why all of a sudden its taking days for the "instant" check?
    peckman28 likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    With my Texas CHL I don't have to wait on a background check. Not that it matters because I have already sold all my guns and have no intention of buying anymore.
    Eagleks, 68blackbird and 640girl like this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MACC12 View Post
    I stopped a couple of places. 223 and 7.62? Forget it. Handgun shelves are almost bare. I noticed alot of holsters are gone too.
    Walmart here has been consistently stocked up on .223. Bought a few more boxes the other day myself. AE, $10.45/20 rounds.
    justintimeagain likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I went by one in Atlanta last week and it was packed to the rafters. The gun counter had people lined up 5 deep. It looked like the hottest night club you have ever seen.
    Yeah, except they don't do camo overalls and sleeveless t-shirts in the nightclubs!
    Brad426 and daddysgirl like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I work at a local hardware store and was tempted to buy up all the 223 in our store though i don't own a gun to carry such but I thought I'd just post it online in Ebay or something like that and make a buck or two but truely for me those kinds of guns aren't worth my time. Anybody with the intention to cause harm or kill could easily killed those people with 00 buck shot with simply 2-4 shots really. At close range that stuff is nasty with 3" mag rounds. plus for speed compations anyone can go nuts with those guns they have reloading tubes for shot guns that just blow my mind watching them go at it. Our hardare store can order guns but are backordered on alot of things cause of the demand of the rest of the nation.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I'll wait until this silly crap dies down before I make my next
    Purchase

I'll prolly hit up my LGS tomorrow in the morning while everyone here is still asleep. Maybe selling a few things to the pawn shop to supply my gun fix LOL. I can't really do much with a stripped lower and 20 30+ mags for the old ar :(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links