Very good article on AWB written by a Democrat!

This is a discussion on Very good article on AWB written by a Democrat! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One of the best articles on this topic I've read. Especially hard hitting since it is written by democrat. I also find the comments at ...

Thread: Very good article on AWB written by a Democrat!

One of the best articles on this topic I've read. Especially hard hitting since it is written by democrat. I also find the comments at the end interesting. His approach seems to get through to left-leaning people who most often respond to gun issues at an emotional rather than logical level.

Why Not Renew the “Assault Weapons” Ban? Well, I’ll Tell You… « Kontradictions

2. Remove Ads

I was impressed. It almost looked like an article written by the NRA. Thanks for passing this along.

Running. Great article... well written and on point.

One of the best articles yet
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Either I am really dumb or really smart.(I consider myself midship on that). But am I the only person in America that believe that laws are only followed by the "law abiding citizen"? I mean all laws. Its illegal to drive while drunk, more people die every yeat by drunk driving than guns, but the people breaking the law are causing this. We outlawed alcohol once, did that change consumption? No, so here we are. Outlaw guns and only criminals will have guns. To me that means turning millions of law abiding citizens into criminals, and of course the criminals that were before, still are. Crimes commited with guns are done so by individuals that are "by law" not allowed to posess a fire arm, yet they do. Guns are still available to these criminals. So, lets say we ban guns and no guns are available to be had period. Knives, chainsaws, rocks, ax's, so on and so on will follow. So in my opinion banning things DOES NOT WORK! WHY CONTINUE DOWN THIS ROAD? I have heard that insanity is doing the same thin over and over expecting a different outcome.

You're preachin' to the choir Buzz. We're dealing with two classes of people here. First are those good citizens... our neighbors, that are basically afraid of guns and react to them on an emotional level... holding a conversation with them based on facts and logic goes nowhere. The second group are the dangerous ones.... the politicians who have an agenda. They prey on the fears of the first group who then give them power. They know that gun bans don't reduce crime. There is overwhelming data coming out of their own government agencies that show that. They've seen the data and read the studies. So why then are they so intent on banning guns? That is the real scary question. It's become a cliche, but it is the only explanation.... it's not about guns, it's about control.

Like he says in the article these massacres are a tiny problem. Horrific yes but a drop in the bucket of the problems our country/future faces!
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Links