Defensive Carry banner

Military Arms Channel - AWB 2013 Video

27K views 67 replies 32 participants last post by  BAC 
#1 ·
Great video discussing the upcoming legislation. If it doesn't scare the pants off you, you should head out to the first gun buy back line you can find.

#4 ·
Yes it is. I had not even considered the fact that NFA items, which all of our semi-auto pistols will become, can't be transported over state lines unless you submit a form and receive approval from the BATF. So I'll have to let the government approve every vacation I take, and they'll need 4 months or more lead time. Insanity...

#3 ·
Dianne Feinstein has released details for her proposed 2013 Assault Weapons Ban. This new Assault Weapons Ban is far more restrictive than the 1994 law she helped to pass. This new law will ban many popular handguns, rifles and shotguns and will require registration for most gun owners. Please get involved to stop this legislation now.

JOIN THE NRA: NRA
JOIN THE GOA: Gun Owners of America

This link will take you to a Congressional website where you can quickly and easily email your Senators, Congressmen and the President: Congress.org Get informed, get involved

#7 ·
The entire context of Senator Feinstein's bill is in direct violation of the 2nd amendment.... Her bill will impact law abiding citizens 100% and criminals, gang bangers, mass shooters, etc., 0%...........

#9 ·
Just watched it also and came here to find you beat me too it. This is probably a pretty decent view to share with our casual shooter friends and hunters who think they wont be effected. I do have doubts that this can get pushed thru but I'm not taking chance's emails being sent consistently.

#47 ·
Honestly, I do not think we can afford to think this way anymore if we want any rights at all. The intention is to pass it with teeth. They have momentum, emotion, and the media all running together.

We must stand up now and speak loudly and often. We must also let others know the risk, so spread the word. Not just the second amendment. It is our rights overall. Do we need more proof of where this is going? Look at everything around us. How many said ObummerCare would never happen. Let me know how that is working out. Talk to me about your paycheck after the first of the year.

It is all cranking up and it is no longer conspiracy theory. It is a movement and our rights are loosing.

Join NRA now. Write letters now. Call Now. Talk to friends and family. Be informed!! Just do not sit back and watch it happen.

Sorry, this video really makes one think and it is just the beginning!!

#11 ·
I hadn't filled out that email link, but I did now.

Everyone needs to use any media outlet they can, same social stuff the grabbers use.

If we don't, even the ones doing illegal border crossings won't want what's left of America....sounds funny, but they already are leaving, rights and freedoms are slowly being ripped away and everything anyone's fought for will be gone.

Don't wait, it starts with telling you what you can't eat, drive, drink, shoot....whats next?

#12 ·
I hadn't filled out that email link, but I did now.

Everyone needs to use any media outlet they can, same social stuff the grabbers use.

If we don't, even the ones doing illegal border crossings won't want what's left of America....sounds funny, but they already are leaving, rights and freedoms are slowly being ripped away and everything anyone's fought for will be gone.

Don't wait, it starts with telling you what you can't eat, drive, drink, shoot....whats next?
When I read what you said, "what's next" all I can think about is 1984...

#17 ·
Mac forgot to mention one important fact.

All your weapons which may be grandfathered, but will force you to register them as an NFA item... Along with the photo ID, fingerprints and mountain of paperwork which will accompany each gun being registered, it also means a $200 tax on each gun registered!

Say you have 5 handguns, 3 rifles and a shotgun you plan on registering as NFA weapons just for the privlege of having them grandfathered. You gonna plop down $1,800 just for the privlege of keeping your Glocks, M&P's, Sig's and AR's?

Of course, the government is all for that. Millions of people trying to register millions of weapons at $200 a pop coming into the government's coffers. They see that as a new form of untapped revenue and don't think for a minute they won't collect the maximum tax they can get. Heck, they may even make it a $500 tax instead of the usual $200 tax they have for SBR's, Suppressors & Select Fire weapons.

TX expat, no intention to hijack your thread, but if anyone hasn't read the excellent commentary by J.D. Longstreet and posted in the thread "Too good not to share", I encourage everyone stop by and read it.

Reactions: TX expat
#19 ·
Mac forgot to mention one important fact.

All your weapons which may be grandfathered, but will force you to register them as an NFA item... Along with the photo ID, fingerprints and mountain of paperwork which will accompany each gun being registered, it also means a $200 tax on each gun registered!

Say you have 5 handguns, 3 rifles and a shotgun you plan on registering as NFA weapons just for the privlege of having them grandfathered. You gonna plop down $1,800 just for the privlege of keeping your Glocks, M&P's, Sig's and AR's?

Of course, the government is all for that. Millions of people trying to register millions of weapons at $200 a pop coming into the government's coffers. They see that as a new form of untapped revenue and don't think for a minute they won't collect the maximum tax they can get. Heck, they may even make it a $500 tax instead of the usual $200 tax they have for SBR's, Suppressors & Select Fire weapons.
In the past these fees have been waived. When the ATF reclassified the Street Sweeper and USAS 12 as "destructive devices" the registers were not required to pay the tax. They most likely would do the same otherwise it would likely fail a court challenge.

#18 · (Edited)
One last point I have too, What happened to having leaders that also had served in some sorta millitary/navy level type of service? dianne seems more like she should be punching dates in the back of libary books NOT re-difing our rights and amendments....it's no wonder DC doesn't have a clue on AW's or even a gun...its all info from the movies

I need some tums.

#21 ·
Senator Feinstein intentionally "stacked the deck" in order to get compromises from those that might flat out reject a weaker bill.

As to the posted video I did find a possible misunderstanding or her bill. No, I am not in any way defend her bill. At around 6:30 into the video he talks about Glock and other handguns will be banned however after viewing a summary of the bill she will introduce I do see it as he did. The following is from the summary: "Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic." As I see it unless your handgun has a military characteristic(why that makes it more dangerous is anyone's guess) it will not be banned. Although in the summary no weapon will be allowed to have more than a 10 round magazine(detachable or fixed)

He did fail to inform(other than a flash blurp) that in the summary along with registration for grandfathered weapons that when the registered owner dies the weapon will be fortified to the government. Such weapons will no longer be able to be passed on to heirs. Essentially at some point in time no civilian will ever again own such weapons.

He did bring up the cost of registration. Again not in defensive of her bill she covers that in her summary:"Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration." With registration one has to buy a tax stamp for $200.00 for each registration. I am not sure but I believe that is $200.00 a year(someone correct me if I'm wrong on per year).

A side FYI: The prior bill that included the "assault" weapon ban was written by Joe Biden. This is the bill that created a "definition" for "assault" weapons. Mainly it was created so the public would come to believe that if you call a weapon an "assault" weapon its only propose is to be used by the military and law enforcement because they should be the only ones to deal with bad people with weapons. It sure did work, even many of 2nd amendment advocates have bought into the rhetoric of there is no need for civilians to have such weapons. The 2nd amendment per se has nothing to do with need it is about the right of the people.

#25 ·
Here's another consideration...

Say one intends to be a "conscientious objector" and choose not to register your guns in order to have them "grandfathered." Instead, you choose to tell the authorities that you've sold them in legal "private sales" prior to the ban, or they were stolen, or lost in the infamous "boating accident."

Well, you might as well just bury all of them until the zombie apocolypse because they'll be useless.
You won't be able to go shoot them at any public range or get caught with them in your possession at any time.

You won't even be able to use your Glock (or whatever weapon) for self defense without in the end, going to prison for possessing a "prohibited weapon." You may not get gigged for the lawful use of lethal force for self defense, but they will throw you in prison for the possession of a federally prohibited weapon.

#30 ·
I will also mention that the one characteristic we know for certain on the "no go" list is a pistol grip. Any firearm with a pistol grip and detachable magazine is subject to this proposed law. Handguns have only one grip, a pistol grip (hence the name). The list of 900 excluded firearms is likely so lengthy because it probably includes things like popular handguns, or so we can only hope.

#31 ·
Well, let's hope most of the 900 excluded firearms aren't already on the Curio & Relic's list.

As Nancy Pelosi famously said, "You'll have to pass the bill, in order to find out what's in it."

Reactions: TX expat
#36 ·
Thank you for the video. It's a very good look at what we are facing. My wife, who really doesn't care one way or the other about firearms, watched your video and said that it's now easy to understand why I'm so concerned, and she now shares that concern.

#38 ·
Your just kidding yourselves. This bill and others is a smoke screen . Obama does not care one way or another he told you before what and how he would do it.
One more Justice on the court, Holder will file the case and the 2nd is over .
But you keep wasting your time on this . 5 of 9 tell you what the 2nd means and that is the last word for a long time.

#39 ·
It makes me sick that one person can impose there own will against millions. No RESPECT in this country anymore. Need to fire all those EDUCATED IDIOTS on the Hill and Bring in People that Have worked Hard their whole lives and with common sense. Damn Lawyers have Twisted our laws just for the Greed of making money or being Popular and miss-using their Authority.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.