Forbes: Gun Control Tramples On The Certain Virtues Of A Heavily Armed Citizenry

This is a discussion on Forbes: Gun Control Tramples On The Certain Virtues Of A Heavily Armed Citizenry within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is the strongest defense of the Second Amendment I have heard in a long time. It's a shame that we don't hear this coming ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Forbes: Gun Control Tramples On The Certain Virtues Of A Heavily Armed Citizenry

Forbes: Gun Control Tramples On The Certain Virtues Of A Heavily Armed Citizenry

This is the strongest defense of the Second Amendment I have heard in a long time. It's a shame that we don't hear this coming out of Washington ...

Forbes.com
    Lawrence Hunter, Contributor
    December 28, 2012

It is time the critics of the Second Amendment put up and repeal it, or shut up about violating it. Their efforts to disarm and short-arm Americans violate the U.S. Constitution in Merriam Webster’s first sense of the term—to “disregard” it.

Hard cases make bad law, which is why they are reserved for the Constitution, not left to the caprice of legislatures, the sophistry and casuistry of judges or the despotic rule making of the chief executive and his bureaucracy. And make no mistake, guns pose one of the hardest cases a free people confronts in the 21st century, a test of whether that people cherishes liberty above tyranny, values individual sovereignty above dependency on the state, and whether they dare any longer to live free.

Link
    Last edited by rstickle; December 29th, 2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Copyright
    NRA Life Member
    Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Good article.......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I like Forbes. Definitely one of the better media outlets.

Great article. Thanks for sharing.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Thanks, I needed that.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    But can anyone in Congress read? They didn't read the Obamacare Bill, how likely are they to read this. How can you expect anything but a knee-jerk reaction from a bunch of jerks?
    oneshot likes this.

Great read

Another article that will never make it to the mainstream media!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

It is refreshing to see that some people still understand the 2nd Amendment, and who aren't afraid to publish it.

Make no mistake, this isn't strictly about the right to arms and self-defense; it is the first obstacle in front of those who wish to enslave our entire population.

Bread and circuses, bread and circuses. Meanwhile, we march down the path of inevitable ruin
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Forbes: Gun Control Tramples On The Certain Virtues Of A Heavily Armed Citizenry

Forbes is plenty mainstream.

Of all the absurd things I have ever written I like this one the most.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Very good article. Thanks for posting it.

Re: Forbes: Gun Control Tramples On The Certain Virtues Of A Heavily Armed Citizenry

Very good article, thank you for posting it.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Great article thanks for sharing
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    That is a good article. I wish the whole thing would fit on my signature line.

SERIOUSLY, this is a special time when we all need to be on the same page, be proactive, write your legislator and make some noise, motivate others to do the same, encourage others to join a pro-gun group. Send out helpful links to others on your email list. Doing our part now, will save us from regrets and sorrow later.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Enjoyed the post...

In summary from the article: A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government.
    zacii likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links