Letter to Senator McCaskill

This is a discussion on Letter to Senator McCaskill within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just sent this to Senator Claire McCaskill (US senator representing Missouri, D) in anticipation of the Feinstein AWB being introduced. Please feel free to plagiarize ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MJK
  • 3 Post By MJK

Thread: Letter to Senator McCaskill

Exclamation Letter to Senator McCaskill

Just sent this to Senator Claire McCaskill (US senator representing Missouri, D) in anticipation of the Feinstein AWB being introduced. Please feel free to plagiarize as you wish. Just send something to your reps!

Dear Senator McCaskill,

I recently reviewed Senator Feinstein's proposed assault weapon ban and was shocked by its contents. If this bill, or any portion of it, becomes law it will not prevent the types of tragic events which occurred at Newtown, Columbine, Jonesboro, et al.

In my opinion any person in a political leadership position who does not immediately take realistic actions which will deter or prevent school shootings is a political opportunist more interested in advancing his/her agenda than saving lives.

As such I firmly believe the following ideas should be implemented to protect our children:
    1. Institute armed security in all public schools while buildings are occupied. This should be under management of the state and local school boards, enabled by federal support.
    2. Harden the target; make it impossible for unauthorized persons to enter school property from any contiguous property by installing failsafe locks, impenetrable glass, fencing, etc.
    3. Control access to schools through a single entry point into a secure foyer.
    4. Require visitors to pass through metal and explosives detectors much as passengers are required to in order to fly commercial airliners.
    5. Require all public schools to develop active shooter plans.
    6. Require staff/students to receive training on the plans.
    7. Require realistic practice scenarios be performed on a frequent basis; at least as frequently as tornado or fire drills.
    8. Finally, encourage all administrators, board members and teachers to receive threat assessment training. The intent here is to not only enable staff to identify potential threats but also to help them realize that these events can happen in their schools. Denial is not conducive to surviving these situations should they occur.

While many people may disagree with the NRA, they are advancing a realistic proposal to thwart mass shootings in schools.

I encourage you to lend your support to these efforts and actively campaign against the Feinstein "feel good" AWB which is blatantly unconstitutional and will not protect our children.

Thank you, best regards and Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

2. Remove Ads

Good luck with that. McCaskill is a product of the same group as Gephart.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

So true! But she needs to be presented with the opposing view even though it probably will not change her mind.
    Bark'n, Spirit51 and TX expat like this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

I think your letter is great, but I wouldn't hold my breath for her go against her "masters". She has been a "lap dog" for the Obama Administration from the beginning of her term in the Senate. She "nipped" at Obama a couple of times during her reelection run only because she knew the majority of Missourians didn't like what he was doing. Now that she is in for another 6 years...she will fall right back into line....like a good dog.

I remember in the 80's when she was running for higher office. She made "deals" with Jackson Co. Sheriff's Dept. Members for their support, then double crossed them as soon as she got elected. Let's not even go to her husband profiting from her political career for decades now.

The only confidence I have in her is that she will follow the "orders" of those she considers her "boss" which is NOT the people of Missouri, but the Liberal/Progressive side of the DNC.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    I agree with everything that's been said about her and I don't expect any letter is going to change her mind. It's still worth doing though since there is always a chance that she'll remember who she is there representing...

I wrote her almost two weeks ago and haven't received any response as of yet.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Letter to Senator McCaskill

I sent a similar email. I received a response stating that she supports an "assault weapons" ban, supports a ban on high capacity magazines, and supports closing the "gun show loophole". My response was that I was ashamed to hear that and she would not receive my vote in the next election.

Links