The Assault Ban of 1994, What Do You Recall About It?

This is a discussion on The Assault Ban of 1994, What Do You Recall About It? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was 21 when the first ban came in effect. I bought a Ruger P89 and the store clerk gave me the very last 15 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The Assault Ban of 1994, What Do You Recall About It?

I was 21 when the first ban came in effect. I bought a Ruger P89 and the store clerk gave me the very last 15 shot magazines he had in stock. Back then, the ban did not apply to inventory already manufactured. Merchants were allowed to sell down inventory on hand. I noticed that the preliminary AWB legislation specifies "sale" in addition to "manufacture" which is radically different than last time. Under current proposal, manufacturers may be faced with unsellable inventory if they over produce items before the ban takes hold. Not good. In addition, I remember the good hollow points were only sold to LEO. I could only get the Federal Hydra-Shok ammo. Today, you can purchase the Federal HST and Gold Dots. The Hydro-Shok is more of a mushroom while the HST has flower pedals that cut deeper.

2. Remove Ads

Answer to the question posed:

The 1994 Assault Weapons Bill had no effect whatsoever on crime and did little more than make a number of individuals who had stock of "pre-ban" guns and mags have fatter bank accounts.

Illegal gun violence is a societal problem......blaming guns for these crimes is like blaming cars for DUI crashes.

This latest move is little more than the sad exploitation of the lost lives in CT to further an already rabid anti-gun White House and Democrat Party (the whacko Bloomberg as well).
    brookl089 likes this.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

RKM
    I was only 8 years old. I don't remember anything about it. And truthfully, I never even knew it happened until just a few years ago, when I started to learn about firearms.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links