Our Rights: Are We Too Late?

This is a discussion on Our Rights: Are We Too Late? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Moderators: If the following is too far off topic, feel free to delete or move. Is it too late? My post is from my Christian ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Our Rights: Are We Too Late?

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

Moderators: If the following is too far off topic, feel free to delete or move.

Is it too late?

My post is from my Christian gun owner perspective.

I think it is too late. I believe we are fighting nothing more than a delaying action.
    Sounds pretty bad huh?

Well; as a Christian, I believe the world will end as we know it.
    I believe prophetic writings are coming to pass. (Don't worry, this post will not be a bible study. )

I am not a defeatist. I will fight and continue to fight for my rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as I believe these rights were given to me not from men, but from God.

Barring illnesses or accident, humans live about 70-80, maybe 90 yrs.
    Many on this forum won't be around for the big downfall; some will IMO.

I'm OK with fighting a delaying action; but that is all I believe it is based on my Christian beliefs.

Even talking with some non-christians, they too seem to realize it's all going down; so maybe..just maybe we are fighting only to make our lives a little more enjoyable while we are here?

So, until that day, I will do what I can, where I can and as often as I can to delay what I believe to be the inevitable.

I'll carry my weapon and I will pray.

What say you?
    rcj50 and co9mil like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I believe every US citizen has the same right under the Second Amendment, whether Christian, Jewish, Muslum, or atheist. 2A has nothing to do with any religious belief; it's an American right.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    What say you?
    I say this post has nothing to do with self defense or the 2nd Amendment in any way.
    Bardo, Darrow75 and brocktice like this.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    I say this post has nothing to do with self defense or the 2nd Amendment in any way.
    Seriously?
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Mine is from my pagan gun owner prospective.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Seriously?
    Seriously. I think this is an attempt to make a religious post and disguise it as a gun post. While I don't share your religious views, I will support your rights to have and express them, but I don't think DC.com is an appropriate place to do so.
    Bardo likes this.

Well, contrary to what noway2 thinks, I don't think this is a religious post. The intent is to discuss whether or not it is worth continuing to fight for our freedom(focusing on the 2A).

My opinion, from a completely secular perspective, is that the freedom of American people has been in serious jeopardy beginning with the arms race of WWI and WWII and continually getting worse as the American government has gained more and more world influence.

I think the freedom that we have is pretty much just an illusion, but I'm not going to let it get me down because there are a lot of things to be thankful for in this country. I can sleep well at night knowing that eventually freedom will prevail.

In the meantime, aside from just fighting for our rights, we can do a few small things to make ourselves feel better. For example, set up your W-4 withholding so that you don't pre-pay your taxes and then file as many extensions as possible before paying back taxes. Or you can rack up a bunch of consumer debt and then don't pay it back. Another tip I heard someone make was to get a government job and then don't do it(that's my personal favorite).
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

I see it more as the opponents are bigger and the fight is tougher rather than too late. Either way I see your point and see this as a worthy thread.

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

Re: Our Rights: Are We Too Late?

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I believe every US citizen has the same right under the Second Amendment, whether Christian, Jewish, Muslum, or atheist. 2A has nothing to do with any religious belief; it's an American right.
    Rather it's a human right.

These rights that we try to preserve and defend existed long before our nation and constitution did.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Absolutely.

What you can do OP, is join the NRA and write your elected officials to let them know you oppose any more gun laws.

We all pray, but you've got to be pro-active and take action too.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Some one once told me what you put out to the universe is what will be returned to you so I do not believe in a delaying action and I believe we the people will prevail. Over the many years I have learned that if something is worth fighting for don't do it have way and this is one I will not lay down and say its going to happen anyway. I respect the choice that people make and that is what make this country great, we have a choice and I have made mine.

Sorry, but your post has nothing to do with this forum and the Second Amendment in the Constitution.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: Our Rights: Are We Too Late?

Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    Another tip I heard someone make was to get a government job and then don't do it(that's my personal favorite).
    Seems to be a common strategy!

You talk like you are living in defeat. Pick your head up, stop wringing your hands, and get in the damn fight, whatever path we are endeavored to take. If we must rewrite hstory, let it be with a steady hand, and a clear conscious, and unbending will.
    EastCoastMojo and RMS like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    You talk like you are living in defeat. Pick your head up, stop wringing your hands, and get in the damn fight, whatever path we are endeavored to take. If we must rewrite hstory, let it be with a steady hand, and a clear conscious, and unbending will.
    Hmmm?..You sound like someone who does not read the OP, but rather keys off of everyones comments.
    Let me save you the time going back to the top of this thread.

I am not a defeatist. I will fight and continue to fight for my rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as I believe these rights were given to me not from men, but from God.
    So, until that day, I will do what I can, where I can and as often as I can to delay what I believe to be the inevitable.
    Little grinds me more than people who see & hear precisely what they want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links