Defensive Carry banner

$300 NRA Life Membership?

14K views 59 replies 24 participants last post by  Cazadores 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I've seen several references online to a limited-time offer of an NRA Lifetime membership for $300. My membership expires tomorrow, so I need to find out about this! It apparently requires "sponsorship" of a current Life Member.

Can anyone confirm or refute this? If it's legit, I need a sponsor, quick!

Regards,
Jim

#2 ·
Yeah, call the NRA. In the automated attendant, you choose the "life member" option, which I believe is 3. You'll probably be on hold for a while but once you get a person, just tell them you have a sponsor and you want to sign up to become a life member. They should know about the $300 offer, so there should be no issues. There's a thread with a whole bunch of sponsors information. If you can't find it, PM me and I'll sponsor you.

#8 ·
Scott,

Thanks! I appreciate your offer. It turns out that I ended up using another forum member as my sponsor, but my life membership is now a done deal!

BTW - For the benefit of any others planning to use this opportunity for a Life Membership, be sure that you make it clear from the start that you have a current Life Member sponsoring you for the discounted membership!

When I first called, the lady I spoke to was insistent that the $300 Life Membership offer was good only for Seniors (65+) and Veterans. I am neither (quite yet). It was not until I specifically brought up the fact that a Life Member had offered to sponsor me that she acknowledged that I would qualify. The conversation was a little confusing at first, but we got it all sorted out! :yup:

I am now in the process of encouraging everyone I know (who's not already a member) to join the NRA. In three days, I should be able to sponsor new Life Memberships myself!

Regards,
Jim

Reactions: 1MoreGoodGuy
#6 ·
I just used Scott (OneMoreGoodGuy) as my sponsor. They said the plan (a new plan) just started today. I was on hold for about 45 minutes and now I am a life time member. The said it will really take about two weeks to get the number/package. I am ashamed to say I let my membership expire years ago. I couldn't see my way clear for $1,000 right but thought I could do better then $25 installments.

Thanks Scott

#10 ·
I just got off the phone with NRA membership services. The attendant I spoke with would not process my request, said the actual lifetime member has to be on the line, making the request. He said they saw that some lifetime members had posted their name and membership number online and had upwards of 300-400 members they had sponsored. SMH!

#19 ·
Yes. When I found out about the $300 deal, I had just re-upped with a two-year membership. Not only did they give me the $300 deal, they also applied the payment I had just made toward it.

#23 ·
If your name is M. Smith or D. Cummings and you used my membership number as your sponsor, you need to call the NRA and pay for YOUR $300 membership...My gift to you was that you get a life membership for a discounted price of $300 that you have to pay...I am not buying you a membership.

Anyone else who has posted their membership info or has given their info to someone else via PM should check their NRA membership for an account balance.

Thanks to you two, I can not sponsor anyone else at this time.

By the way, the NRA has changed their policy and the sponsor must be on the phone to get the $300 special.

#24 ·
If your name is M. Smith or D. Cummings and you used my membership number as your sponsor, you need to call the NRA and pay for YOUR $300 membership...My gift to you was that you get a life membership for a discounted price of $300 that you have to pay...I am not buying you a membership.

Anyone else who has posted their membership info or has given their info to someone else via PM should check their NRA membership for an account balance.

Thanks to you two, I can not sponsor anyone else at this time.

By the way, the NRA has changed their policy and the sponsor must be on the phone to get the $300 special.
Update:

I got some good news and some great news...

The good news is, I got my account straightened out this morning.

The great news is, I can continue to sponsor people for Life Memberships and to date I have sponsored well over 30 new Life Members. :danceban:

#25 ·
I have nothing to show the $300 lifetime membership ...... got a notice (renews in Feb) that had on it a lifetime membership for $600. Where's the one for $300 ?

#26 ·
You need a Life Member to sponsor you to get the $300 deal.

I will sponsor you. The first post in this thread has all the info you need http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...y-nra-membership-sponsorship-information.html my membership info is second from the bottom on the list.

When you call, tell the NRA operator that you have your sponsor's information and you are prepared to pay the $300 for your new Life Membership if they are willing to take your credit card information over the phone. Hopefully this will prompt the operator to close the sale with you. If they tell you that you need to have the sponsor on the phone, try calling back...you might have to do this several times before you get an operator who will process the transaction. If you still have trouble after several tries, PM me and we will set up a time for you to conference me in on your call.

#27 ·
Here is some information that others are using to sign up for this deal.

You can now get the $300 membership online again using the sponsors information.

www.nra-2013.org

Here's how...
1. Sign in on the above website using your sponsor's member number, zip code and email. The security code they ask for is in a box to the right on the sign in page.
2. Hit the continue button
3. Skip the second page by hitting the continue button again.
4. On the This is a : "Select a Gift Membership" box, draw down the menu and select the $300 Life
5. Fill in the rest of the page with your information
6. Hit the "Review and Complete Your Transaction" button on lower right
7. Fill in your credit card number and send.

Several people have signed up using the above instructions with no problems.

#32 ·
hello, new guy here. i tried calling the nra tonight but they insisted i need a sponsor on the phone call with me. i happened across the above post and i am wondering if anyone would send me the information needed for me to register online. thanks for any help you are willing to provide.

dave

dlaurinaitis@hotmail.com

thanks to keith montgomery for his assistance!

#43 ·
Make that 65...

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just upgraded my membership to a lifer. Money well spent. Used 1MoreGoodGuy's as my sponsor (thanks! tried to PM you, but your inbox is full), spent 45-minutes on the phone... Best use of time and money I've made in awhile. The NRA CSR was fast and efficient (5 minutes max for the entire process-- hint: have your current NRA # ready!). He made it VERY clear that they're numbers are OFF THE CHART and that the 100k number be tossed around this week isn't even close to reality (as in, it'll be MUCH higher).

Anybody know when/if/how-long-after joining through this promotion, we're in turn able to serve as a "sponsor" to others? At that price, it'll make a great early Christmas present for some family members, and it'll be nice to return the favor or sponsorship to others wanting to upgrade...

#39 ·
#42 ·
I just did this about 15 minutes ago and it worked fine.

I called the number on my recently received renewal notice and spoke to a renewal rep right away. They said they were not aware of the $300 lifetime deal but gave me the number to their general customer service.

I then called that number and selected option #3 for lifetime membership. I did have to wait on hold for about 1 hour but i had my computer and this forum to keep me happily busy while i waited.

Once someone came on the line I told them I had a sponsor and that i wanted to take part in the $300 deal. They asked me for the Sponsors membership number, then confirmed their name with me, then asked me for my membership # and my credit card info.

5 minutes later i was done.

They said the deal will be available until 2/28/2013.

Reactions: TX expat
#46 ·
This is supposed to work without having a sponsor per a tweet of his:

"Tom Gresham ‏@Guntalk
Special $300 NRA Life Member deal is for my friends. You are all my friends. ;) How long? Don't know, so don't wait. 1-888-678-7894"

I called and it rang right through.

#53 ·
This ^^^^^^^^^^^ is not an NRA number. The people who answer do not work for the NRA.

I strongly urge anyone who has used the above number and gave them authorization to charge your credit card to immediately call the NRA Member Services at 1-877-NRA-2000 and verify your membership status.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.