$300 NRA Life Membership?

$300 NRA Life Membership?

This is a discussion on $300 NRA Life Membership? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi All, I've seen several references online to a limited-time offer of an NRA Lifetime membership for $300. My membership expires tomorrow, so I need ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: $300 NRA Life Membership?

Exclamation $300 NRA Life Membership?

Hi All,

I've seen several references online to a limited-time offer of an NRA Lifetime membership for $300. My membership expires tomorrow, so I need to find out about this! It apparently requires "sponsorship" of a current Life Member.

Can anyone confirm or refute this? If it's legit, I need a sponsor, quick!

Regards,
    Jim

VIP Member
    Yeah, call the NRA. In the automated attendant, you choose the "life member" option, which I believe is 3. You'll probably be on hold for a while but once you get a person, just tell them you have a sponsor and you want to sign up to become a life member. They should know about the $300 offer, so there should be no issues. There's a thread with a whole bunch of sponsors information. If you can't find it, PM me and I'll sponsor you.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    TX expat and justintimeagain like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    There it is! I started replying in another thread and forgot to go find it!

Thanks Mike!
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I will sponsor you and anyone else who needs a sponsor to become a life member of the NRA. My information is located on page 6 post #85 of this thread: Lifetime NRA Membership Special $300.00 (sponsors needed)
    EastCoastMojo and Kilowatt3 like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I just used Scott (OneMoreGoodGuy) as my sponsor. They said the plan (a new plan) just started today. I was on hold for about 45 minutes and now I am a life time member. The said it will really take about two weeks to get the number/package. I am ashamed to say I let my membership expire years ago. I couldn't see my way clear for $1,000 right but thought I could do better then $25 installments.

Thanks Scott
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gary jp4 View Post
    I just used Scott (OneMoreGoodGuy) as my sponsor. They said the plan (a new plan) just started today. I was on hold for about 45 minutes and now I am a life time member. The said it will really take about two weeks to get the number/package. I am ashamed to say I let my membership expire years ago. I couldn't see my way clear for $1,000 right but thought I could do better then $25 installments.

Thanks Scott
    Is the new "plan" different from the old "plan"?
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I will sponsor you and anyone else who needs a sponsor to become a life member of the NRA. My information is located on page 6 post #85 of this thread: Lifetime NRA Membership Special $300.00 (sponsors needed)
    Scott,

Thanks! I appreciate your offer. It turns out that I ended up using another forum member as my sponsor, but my life membership is now a done deal!

BTW - For the benefit of any others planning to use this opportunity for a Life Membership, be sure that you make it clear from the start that you have a current Life Member sponsoring you for the discounted membership!

When I first called, the lady I spoke to was insistent that the $300 Life Membership offer was good only for Seniors (65+) and Veterans. I am neither (quite yet). It was not until I specifically brought up the fact that a Life Member had offered to sponsor me that she acknowledged that I would qualify. The conversation was a little confusing at first, but we got it all sorted out!

I am now in the process of encouraging everyone I know (who's not already a member) to join the NRA. In three days, I should be able to sponsor new Life Memberships myself!

Regards,
    Jim
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Scott,

Thanks! I appreciate your offer. It turns out that I ended up using another forum member as my sponsor, but my life membership is now a done deal!

BTW - For the benefit of any others planning to use this opportunity for a Life Membership, be sure that you make it clear from the start that you have a current Life Member sponsoring you for the discounted membership!

When I first called, the lady I spoke to was insistent that the $300 Life Membership offer was good only for Seniors (65+) and Veterans. I am neither (quite yet). It was not until I specifically brought up the fact that a Life Member had offered to sponsor me that she acknowledged that I would qualify. The conversation was a little confusing at first, but we got it all sorted out!

I am now in the process of encouraging everyone I know (who's not already a member) to join the NRA. In three days, I should be able to sponsor new Life Memberships myself!

Regards,
    Jim
    Someone in another thread said they were having trouble and had been turned down multiple times. Guess everyone needs to read your post and be ready to try more than once if they get an uninformed rep taking their request.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    NRA Life Member

I just got off the phone with NRA membership services. The attendant I spoke with would not process my request, said the actual lifetime member has to be on the line, making the request. He said they saw that some lifetime members had posted their name and membership number online and had upwards of 300-400 members they had sponsored. SMH!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis2 View Post
    I just got off the phone with NRA membership services. The attendant I spoke with would not process my request, said the actual lifetime member has to be on the line, making the request. He said they saw that some lifetime members had posted their name and membership number online and had upwards of 300-400 members they had sponsored. SMH!
    Dang Scott, you really got 'em stirred up!
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis2 View Post
    This is an open invitation for anyone who wants to become a Life Member of the NRA and is being told repeatedly that they need to have the sponsor on the phone.

Just call back and select option 3 and tell them you have a sponsor and give them your sponsor's Life Member number. If you call a couple of times and they still tell you that you need to have the sponsor on the phone just PM me and we will set up a time to do a conference call.

Before we set up a conference call, try calling the NRA first. The first post in this thread has all the information you need $300 Friends and Family NRA Membership Sponsorship Information

Some people have been told that they need to have the sponsor on the phone to get the $300 deal. If that happens, try calling back later. Some of the NRA operators might be unfamiliar with how to handle your type of call. Most people who have encountered this problem have called back and got the $300 after speaking with a different operator. Try calling them a few times and if you are unable to get the $300 special, PM me and we will set up a time to do the conference call.
    Last edited by 1MoreGoodGuy; January 3rd, 2013 at 11:47 AM.
    Kilowatt3 and TX expat like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Dang Scott, you really got 'em stirred up!
    Oh well!
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

VIP Member
    This is an open invitation for anyone who wants to become a Life Member of the NRA and is being told repeatedly that they need to have the sponsor on the phone.

Just call back and select option 3 and tell them you have a sponsor and give them your sponsor's Life Member number. If you call a couple of times and they still tell you that you need to have the sponsor on the phone just PM me and we will set up a time to do a conference call.
    Yeah, I'm thinking about that as well. If folks can proficiently use three way calling, I could help them get their membership.
    NRA Life Member

Generous offer, Scott! You may have your hands full!

Thanks for helping so many folks!

Regards,
    Jim
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links